• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
no. days is amazing and displays the most character development of any game. Its a heartfelt story of the boy who didnt know who he was and the girl who was forgotten. Even if it didnt do much for the story, and it was kinda repetitive, its an amazing game and one of my favorites.

battle system is pretty good too. Roxas is more agile than Re:Coded Sora. Also, you can replay any mission as the org members, SDG, Mickey and Riku.

days got me back into KH, i love it.

dislike:
Wonderland

Last edited:

Dark Drive

Awards
Other than Wonderland's F**king anoying heartless (and it's theme. what kind of song is called "To Our Surprise?"), Days is my Favourite Game on my DS, and I still replay it every once in a while. Yeah, Roxas fan here, but I can now see other than Axel.....there was someone else.

I knew there would be something like this. At the end of KH2 I felt as if there needed to be a Girl with a Keyblade who CAN fight (sorry Kairi, but seriously?) and we got Xion and Aqua. I loved the storyline and this game has the proof Roxas Had a heart. Days means alot to me, and It's one of the few games that made me cry at the end.(With the other being Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky)

I have many Favourites in Gaming, but Days has a very special spot in my heart.

If I had one in the first place.

JustSnilloc

I loved Days, I thought the battle system and graphics were incredible to be able to be on the DS, I thought the battle system was on par with Console titles, and I thought the story (albeit shorter than other titles) was great...

The only thing I disliked about days, and I've said this before, was the plethora of missions... which honestly wasn't that bad

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I loved days. The Music, The characters, The plot, it was all amazing, especially for the DS. The missions are fun, while plentiful, the only thing I didn't really like was being confined to a central hub and not having the feeling like I'm actually going to explore an area, or not being able to run around the Castle That Never Was.

Crystal

Silver Member
I don't think Days is a bad game, i love its music and storyline.
And it values "friendship".

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That pretty much describes the whole series, no point in playing Days when you can the same thing in any other entry.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
After Days came out it was my favorite DS game. Sure it had it's lower points, the repetative missions being one for me. I liked the story and I got to play as my favorite character, Roxas, as well as the rest of the Organization.

Dark Drive

Awards
......Did i mention i love using limits to Whale on heartless?

I also remember Lexaeus hitting Roxas in the face. i'd think poor Roxas got a black eye.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I also love the music. Not to mention getting to playas my favorite Organization character. So if you like nobodies, then go for this game.

inverse K-blade7

Days was the most emotional Kingdom Hearts game for me, and it had the best dialogue by far. Gameplay could get repititive, but it was still KH. So I definitely liked it.

Seriously, I think people overlook how great some of the lines were. Particularly Xigbar's

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
You can say that again. I like how it's overlooked yet tons of people are like why did this kid leave the organization? It's like it's way to difficult to sum up what happened to him to explain it all in one session XD

roxas7

i found it a oke game but that's mostly becuze i got to play as roxas again and see what he did al that time and seeming that i played
birth by sleep before this i was kind of disappointed in the gameplay but all and all i found it a fun time

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it was a good game. A good side game for Roxas. It was a good plot, not on the same level as say KH, KH2, or BbS. but still good. good gameplay/graphics for the DS. And I think the box art is the best one yet so yeah.

Chistosa

Awards
It could've been alot better. I wish Nomura had stuck to his original idea for Days, I think I would've hated the game alot less if he did. Re:Coded made me feel like getting a DS wasn't a waste after all. I enjoyed Re:Coded a hell of a lot more than Days. I'd rather play a KH game with a small/not-really-there-but-is storyline than one with a forced sob story, any day. > >

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd rather play a KH game with a small/not-really-there-but-is storyline than one with a forced sob story, any day. > >

See while I agree it was forced, and I'll admit I didn't personally feel sad at the story, what I liked was the development of Roxas from the blandest being in the universe to one who was actually capable of love and sorrow. Plus it also reemphasized the human qualities the Axel had which was, ithought, very emotional.

I agree, loved the box art !
Yes! I just thought the mix of all the characters involved blending in with the colors and backgrounds of each was awesome. And there is no better drawing of roxas.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Yes, days sucked in my opinion. It's the only game i've ever played that I never finished. And I've played some shitty games

zaqareemalcolm

It could've been alot better. I wish Nomura had stuck to his original idea for Days, I think I would've hated the game alot less if he did. Re:Coded made me feel like getting a DS wasn't a waste after all. I enjoyed Re:Coded a hell of a lot more than Days. I'd rather play a KH game with a small/not-really-there-but-is storyline than one with a forced sob story, any day. > >
The original idea was one mission per day, you think that's a whole lot better?
I don't think it was a forced sob story, in fact, I find it to have a quite slow story pacing compared to the rest of the game (Which makes sense in-universe)

Nevertheless, I find Days to be quite enjoyable, both in terms of gameplay and in story. While the gameplay can be repetitive, I still find thrill in doing the missions. Honestly, the mission-based gameplay wasn't that bad. Especially the key (compulsory) missions. Most of the repetitiveness for me came from the optional missions. However, the compulsory ones often introduce something new to mix it up a little (Playing hard to get at Beast's Castle, Searching for the Phantomtail at Neverland).

The story was also my favorite. Even when not much of the pasts of the ORGXIII members were revealed, their personalities were expanded throughout the story, even in little talks with Roxas or confrontations with each other. The introduction of Xion did not seem jarring towards the story. She didn't seem like a Mary Sue, in fact, more of a deconstruction of one, and the story still focuses on Roxas' slow development into his KH2 persona, while still maintaining that Xion is a pivotal character.

I think people were expecting too much out of this game. The DS has its limitations and trying to get a KH DS Game that is high tier is like expecting PS3 graphics out of a PS2. And you know what? I think it did the job of doing as much as possible with the DS well. Its just that Re:Coded does that better.:smile:

Riku/Sora-Rule

I think people were expecting too much out of this game. The DS has its limitations and trying to get a KH DS Game that is high tier is like expecting PS3 graphics out of a PS2. And you know what? I think it did the job of doing as much as possible with the DS well. Its just that Re:Coded does that better.:smile:

True the graphics and battle system were better with Re:Coded, but that's all it did better, I honestly. Feel like most of the time in Re:Coded, I was barely playing a KH game, it seems so random playing thru it and not getting the feeling of a KH game using magic rather than technology lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back