• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameisAnsem

You had the exact same feelings as I do. I really liked Days when it first came out and I too unlocked all of the muliplayer characters. But then when I played it again a year or so later I just didn't enjoy it that much and that is because of the lack of mission variety.

It's reasons like that which prevent me from playing it all the time. After it's been a while, some missions don't sound to bad, especially with Lexaeus the powerhouse.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It's reasons like that which prevent me from playing it all the time. After it's been a while, some missions don't sound to bad, especially with Lexaeus the powerhouse.

When I do play Mission Mode I like to use Lexaeus as well (it helps he is my favorite Organization member) and also Mickey because of how quick he is (and this is the only game besides KH2 you can play as Mickey).

Gram

Banned
Awards
You had the exact same feelings as I do. I really liked Days when it first came out and I too unlocked all of the muliplayer characters. But then when I played it again a year or so later I just didn't enjoy it that much and that is because of the lack of mission variety.
The issues I had most was the enemy hp. They had to much. It wasn't challenging just made the missions longer than needed to be.
The rest of my issues largely were tied to story but I'm all 'meh' on it now.

When I do play Mission Mode I like to use Lexaeus as well (it helps he is my favorite Organization member) and also Mickey because of how quick he is (and this is the only game besides KH2 you can play as Mickey).

I also enjoyed Mickey but Riku was my go to character. His twirling combo with the WtD was a nice combo of power and speed.

fangsora

358/2 days is 1 of the black sheep it takes time getting used to but after a while you can get used to the controls. but 358/2day really is a good game.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The issues I had most was the enemy hp. They had to much. It wasn't challenging just made the missions longer than needed to be.
The rest of my issues largely were tied to story but I'm all 'meh' on it now.

Yes the enemy hp in Days was insane with some of those Heartless. My other problem is the magic system. It was a different take on it and it was a good way to get you to strategize but the fact you only had a certain amount of uses per spell instead of the mp bar bothered me.

MegaCore5

Awards
Yes the enemy hp in Days was insane with some of those Heartless. My other problem is the magic system. It was a different take on it and it was a good way to get you to strategize but the fact you only had a certain amount of uses per spell instead of the mp bar bothered me.
are you referring to how the enemies in Days had a huge amount of health? I wouldn't mind too much if there were not enemies like the Emerald Serenade and ruler of the sky :mad:. Also since I am a big magic user in my kingdom hearts games I thought this method of utilizing slots for magic was irritating to say the least.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
are you referring to how the enemies in Days had a huge amount of health? I wouldn't mind too much if there were not enemies like the Emerald Serenade and ruler of the sky :mad:. Also since I am a big magic user in my kingdom hearts games I thought this method of utilizing slots for magic was irritating to say the least.

Those two enemies you listed are my main reasons for disliking the high hp. So you see the magic problem as well huh?

Gram

Banned
Awards

I actually didn't mind the magic system. In fact I think the panel system itself could've been great but it was greatly hampered by the level panels.
They took up most the space and made it hard to customize which is what the panel system was for. They should've just kept it a normal leveling system with a panel system separate.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually didn't mind the magic system. In fact I think the panel system itself could've been great but it was greatly hampered by the level panels.
They took up most the space and made it hard to customize which is what the panel system was for. They should've just kept it a normal leveling system with a panel system separate.

Now there's a good alternative. I didn't mind the panel system either. Like you said a separate leveling system would've allowed greater customization with the panel system (and more uses of magic).

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Yeah. A lot of the problem with Days for me was that I thought they tried too hard to make it different. Sure, I enjoyed playing it, and I'll say it's a good game.
It's just that the execution of the whole "panels" thing was...less than elegant. If they'd done just the magic and stat boosts on panels, I feel that a lot of folks woulda been happier. But the KEYBLADE...? That's just gonna frustrate me even more, especially when all I wanna do is level up.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I somewhat disagree. While I do agree that the level up panels took too much space, the whole point of the panel system was picking and choosing what had to stay and what had to go. That’s why I like it. If the level up system stayed separate, than there would be too much space and it would make the whole system pointless.

rufusisaghost

I think overall the game was good. Filler, definitely, but good. I enjoyed being thrown into the lives of the Organization on a daily basis and how everything played out. I think it would have been 10000000x's better without Xion though. Great game, terrible character.

davidXIIIaxel

I think overall the game was good. Filler, definitely, but good. I enjoyed being thrown into the lives of the Organization on a daily basis and how everything played out. I think it would have been 10000000x's better without Xion though. Great game, terrible character.
yeah i kinda get the whole xion concept about how she is not the best character in the game or series, but i loved playing as the organization members. especially saix.

rufusisaghost

yeah i kinda get the whole xion concept about how she is not the best character in the game or series, but i loved playing as the organization members. especially saix.
There are so many problems with her character, it's ridiculous, haha. But yeah, playing as the characters was awesome. I never got to play it on multiplayer mode, but it was still pretty fun.

davidXIIIaxel

There are so many problems with her character, it's ridiculous, haha. But yeah, playing as the characters was awesome. I never got to play it on multiplayer mode, but it was still pretty fun.
multiplayer wasnt really anything crazy. i mean you needed to have your friend right next to you. BUT i did like fighting eachother. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
I somewhat disagree. While I do agree that the level up panels took too much space, the whole point of the panel system was picking and choosing what had to stay and what had to go. That’s why I like it. If the level up system stayed separate, than there would be too much space and it would make the whole system pointless.

There's only so much space to begin with cause of the level panels. Had they been separate I highly doubt you'd have had 4 pages of panels space to worry over.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I get what you're getting at, Gram, but I think it's important to not think of the level up panels as taking up space, as the level up multipliers as taking up space. The challenge of the system is fitting in those tetris blocks, and Square was just using the level up panels as an excuse to throw in another half dozen tetris blocks.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I get what you're getting at, Gram, but I think it's important to not think of the level up panels as taking up space, as the level up multipliers as taking up space. The challenge of the system is fitting in those tetris blocks, and Square was just using the level up panels as an excuse to throw in another half dozen tetris blocks.

Only makes it worse imo. They could've kept their tetris love other ways that didn't take as much space such as multipliers for magic or items and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back