• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Although, it makes me wonder why they didn't go with the hand-drawn comic book look like they with TWEWY. It was the basis for Days after all.
I would have much preferred Days to use sprites like Chain of Memories did. Chain of Memories looked real good without sacrificing the KH aesthetic, and the DS could have done the same thing only better.

Square's notorious for their focus on making their games pretty, so how they greenlit using 3D models astounds me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I would have much preferred Days to use sprites like Chain of Memories did. Chain of Memories looked real good without sacrificing the KH aesthetic, and the DS could have done the same thing only better.

Like this idea. Just imaging the CoM look on the DS makes me wish they had done so. Though for conversation I liked what Recoded did more.
Perhaps a combo of the two would've been better?

Antar

Awards
Huh, a 2D 358/2 days actually sounds really cool. As long as the environments are still expansive and not just rooms like in COM.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Like this idea. Just imaging the CoM look on the DS makes me wish they had done so. Though for conversation I liked what Recoded did more.
Perhaps a combo of the two would've been better?

I think a good example of what you're referring too could be that of the original coded, which utilized 2D sprites on a 3D plane:

Screenshot08.png
Screenshot26.png
Screenshot15.png

The images are small, but you get the idea.

Antar

Awards
I think a good example of what you're referring too could be that of the original coded, which utilized 2D sprites on a 3D plane.

I was thinking more about a large, open, drawn environment. Something like this:

Destiny_Islands_%28Art%29_KH.png

But bigger with more space to run around on and fight.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Sign said:
I think a good example of what you're referring too could be that of the original coded, which utilized 2D sprites on a 3D plane:
Antar said:
I was thinking more about a large, open, drawn environment.

These are actually really good. I feel like this could have been interesting if they had this style to work with in a similar vein to Paper Mario.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Screenshot08.png
Screenshot26.png
Screenshot15.png

The images are small, but you get the idea.

These are glorious and I'm now sad Days lacked them. =[

Last edited:

rainbowrabbit

I didn’t hate this game. Sure, it got redundant after awhile with the missions and eating ice cream in Twilight Town. 358/2 Days served its purpose. It filled in some holes in the Kingdom Hearts storyline and gave me a greater appreciation for Roxas. I understand that Roxas and Axel have a fanbase, which I never really understood. But by the end of the game, I found myself wanting this relationship to be a real thing. Especially at the part when Axel said, “I’ll miss you.” I wasn’t crazy about the cutscenes on the 1.5 collection. They left out a lot, including 3 important fight scenes around the end. I would’ve been perfectly happy with a delay of this release and waiting it out if that meant turning Days into a playable game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Forgoing the second remaster is one thing, but what if it were a new game? Their reasoning for remastering the scenes only was not only limited to time and resources, but also in the interests of the fanbase, who they believed would vastly prefer a new title over a remake of an old one.

rainbowrabbit

Forgoing the second remaster is one thing, but what if it were a new game? Their reasoning for remastering the scenes only was not only limited to time and resources, but also in the interests of the fanbase, who they believed would vastly prefer a new title over a remake of an old one.

I get that. But if they just brought those 3 fight scenes to life, I would be perfectly fine. Oh well. On the bright side, it wasn't difficult getting all my trophies for that game. :cool:

bazimon

I get that. But if they just brought those 3 fight scenes to life, I would be perfectly fine. Oh well. On the bright side, it wasn't difficult getting all my trophies for that game. :cool:

I seriously hope that after 2.5 they release a free DLC for 1.5 maybe just including some small fight scenes for Days. It would be REALLY appreciated...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I seriously hope that after 2.5 they release a free DLC for 1.5 maybe just including some small fight scenes for Days. It would be REALLY appreciated...
I'd even pay for it since they would have worked hard on it, but unfortunately they'd never make full versions of Days and Re:coded due to Kingdom Hearts III :(

Graphics don't make a game good, but I always felt that if Days was in better graphics than what was provided in the DS game, I would have enjoyed it more.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Graphics don't make a game good, but I always felt that if Days was in better graphics than what was provided in the DS game, I would have enjoyed it more.

I think it was more the controls than it was the graphics that made the game difficult. Any 3D game using the D-Pad as movement doesn't really work (and playing the game on the 3DS is worse for some reason).

The graphics were fairly good for a DS game. I didn't mind them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think it was more the controls than it was the graphics that made the game difficult. Any 3D game using the D-Pad as movement doesn't really work (and playing the game on the 3DS is worse for some reason).

The d-pad definitely had some factor. Playing Days on a 3ds with it's analog (or whatever nintendo call it) feels far better.

Antar

Awards
When I played through Days the first time I enjoyed it a lot. I even went ahead and unlocked every unlockable multiplayer character, Sora and Mickey, if I remember correctly. Now that I have recently tried it again I could definitely see the flaws, including the controls. The DLC idea would be great and it would be an example of DLC done right, but like Chaser said, no chance anymore. :(

kh13

If you take out the repetitiveness of the game then it's a pretty good game. But it is true that doing the same thing got a little boring for a bit.

MyNameisAnsem

Days wasn't my favorite KH game (that would be BbS), but it would be my favorite DS game. Having Mission Mode with all the different characters added a lot of replay value for me. You have no idea how many hours I put into that game O_O

BlueKey777

Banned
Days wasn't my favorite KH game (that would be BbS), but it would be my favorite DS game. Having Mission Mode with all the different characters added a lot of replay value for me. You have no idea how many hours I put into that game O_O
I had freinds help me with a few of the missions that seemed impossible for me, but for sure this game was one of the longest games I've ever played.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
When I played through Days the first time I enjoyed it a lot. I even went ahead and unlocked every unlockable multiplayer character, Sora and Mickey, if I remember correctly. Now that I have recently tried it again I could definitely see the flaws, including the controls. The DLC idea would be great and it would be an example of DLC done right, but like Chaser said, no chance anymore. :(

You had the exact same feelings as I do. I really liked Days when it first came out and I too unlocked all of the muliplayer characters. But then when I played it again a year or so later I just didn't enjoy it that much and that is because of the lack of mission variety.

BlueKey777

Banned
The only problem I have with 385 is its repetitiveness. the missions sometimes take a good 20 minutes and those 20 minutes go by very slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back