• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Coded canceled?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does canceling BBS have to do with canceling Coded? The PSP is a mainstream system, whereas cell phone gaming is a relatively new medium.

Ahem, I beleive that cell phone gaming is older than the psp. Not that the psp is great, as I'm getting one in a few months, but cell phone gaming has been around for a while.

I personally think that Coded could in fact be the most important of the new games, as it does take place the closest to KH3.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
i say good ridence if it is stopped, cause its not like we're gonna get coded
We never got FM either.... and look at the millions drooling over it...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ Good point. And I think Square is hoping to release it outside of Japan. And btw:

About the suspension, he explains that, "Development of the titles has experienced over 3 billion in loss of appraisal. A review of the development system was performed and determined that the timing is unsuitable for the mobile department to be working on the networking games being developed for major titles, therefore production has stopped."

The names of the games effected by the production halt were not specified and are not clear at this time.

But since President Wada mentions "major titles", its assumed he was talking about the major mobile games currently being developed, Final Fantasy XIII Agito and Kingdom Hearts coded.

This is the article that was posted on KHInsider about a week ago. So, although it's highly likely that Coded is one of the games being delayed, it hasn't been confirmed.

I personally like the idea of Coded. Maybe it would be more popular around here if it was released on another handheld, and maybe more people would be able to access it outside of Japan if that was the case. But I can't understand all the hatred being aimed at it simply because it will be on a cell phone. It looks pretty good for a cell phone game, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before other countries develop their phones to Japan's standards. It may take a couple of years, but I'm sure they're working on it.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I hope it's cancelled. The only thing it would be doing would be making Kingdom Hearts into just something to put on everything.

Shows S-E for making KH2's followup on a cell phone.

A cellphone is just as much as a legit game system as any other nowadays in Japan.

It's not even a follow up to KH2 as some of you think, it's merely a spin-off playing after the events of said game.

And putting a game franchise on various different systems is by no means a bad thing, if the games are decent. Sure, making money with this is definitely playing a role here, but that's their friggin' job.
Final Fantasy also has a title for almost every big platform I can think of right right now (except of the Xbox/360).
It gives so many different groups a chance to experience the series.

This common prejudgement that "Coded will suck, cuz it's on cellphone and I don't give a damn" makes me sick.

Play the game first, and then start complaining.

Nomura had plans to release it internationally, how he intends to do that, I don't know.
Our cell phones are often not as powerful as theirs.

It'd be really disappointing if production was permanently halted, as MuffinMan suggested. They'd have to look for a new platform to use to tell what happens after Kingdom Hearts 2, or scrap the plot of Coded completely.

AxeltheFlame

I'm actually pretty glad it was haulted. I wasn't so thrilled about the whole "Hey let's play Kingdom Hearts on a tiny screen on the cell phone idea." I agree with most people it is a lame idea. I just wish they would put Coded on a different system like DS or PSP. Oh well maybe in a couple years from now hopefully they'll do it. But on the negative side of Square-Enix doing this, it just means that Kingdom Hearts will have to wait on the big consoles, (since Coded is continuing the Kingdom Hearts story.)
I just hope Coded is a least written in manga so that the people that don't want to play on cell phones can at least read the rest of the story in graphic novels.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Yes, I do believe Shiro Amano will want to adapt all volumes of the Kingdom Hearts Series. People who won't want to play will just get the manga. Other plans include looking at Wikipedia for the information about the game itself and its story, as well as looking up the cutscenes on Youtube/KHVids.

There are people out there swearing on their grandparent's graves that that will be released in '08.

Oh yeah, and I hope Coded dies.

Shows S-E for making KH2's followup on a cell phone.

To Japan, mobile gaming is just as good as PSP gaming or DS gaming. Just be lucky that's where Coded went and not BBS if you hate it so much. Some people don't even know what Coded is about because it's on mobile phones, and they just skipped over it. I am all for it.

What does canceling BBS have to do with canceling Coded? The PSP is a mainstream system, whereas cell phone gaming is a relatively new medium.

See above.

Yes it is. Get with the program.

Uh...WTF? This may possibly be the most ignorant post I've ever seen since I've been on this board.

Hooray for you! :thumbup:

well I hope it's canceled, so that we'll have a KH:coded for another system, like DS or PSP or GBA or whatever else, so that we can all play.

They would never do that, Coded is a MOBILE PHONE GAME. And how will changing its platform let "us all" play? Just becuse it's on mobile phones means it's Japan exclusive? Please. Square Enix likes global expansion now and Nomura has talked about overseas plans for this game specifically.

But I can't understand all the hatred being aimed at it simply because it will be on a cell phone. It looks pretty good for a cell phone game, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before other countries develop their phones to Japan's standards. It may take a couple of years, but I'm sure they're working on it.

Yes, and I belive that is why it is being halted as well.

A cellphone is just as much as a legit game system as any other nowadays in Japan.

It's not even a follow up to KH2 as some of you think, it's merely a spin-off playing after the events of said game.

And putting a game franchise on various different systems is by no means a bad thing, if the games are decent. Sure, making money with this is definitely playing a role here, but that's their friggin' job.
Final Fantasy also has a title for almost every big platform I can think of right right now (except of the Xbox/360).
It gives so many different groups a chance to experience the series.

This common prejudgement that "Coded will suck, cuz it's on cellphone and I don't give a damn" makes me sick.

Play the game first, and then start complaining.

Nomura had plans to release it internationally, how he intends to do that, I don't know.
Our cell phones are often not as powerful as theirs.

It'd be really disappointing if production was permanently halted, as MuffinMan suggested. They'd have to look for a new platform to use to tell what happens after Kingdom Hearts 2, or scrap the plot of Coded completely.

Amen!

A lot of you have been wondering how Nomura would pull international Coded off. Well, he stated himself that the team would be developing 2-D graphics on 3-D backgrounds, to fit both hi-tech and lo-tech phones. Most likely in other countries, it will appear on Verizon's V-Cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back