• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Birth By Sleep a challenge?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I'll be honest; I am terrified by this section. Why? Because this is the first game I have avoided almost all spoilers on. Which might explain me making a thread as opposed to trying to find the answer amongst all of the current threads. Make sense? Good.

So I have to ask, is Birth by Sleep a challenging game? As far as gameplay goes I mean. Because let's face it, half of the Kingdom Hearts 2 haters hate because the game didn't present a challenge like Kingdom Hearts 1. Which, I can understand. So, I hope to keep this thread as spoiler free as possible (which should be easy seeing as we're merely discussing gameplay and not the story).

Chris211

As for as Proud Mode goes in the Japanese Version I heard mixed reviews. Some said it was hard, others said only certain bosses were a bit difficult, if you play without looking at guides or walkthroughs I think figuring out some bosses might be difficult. But with the new Critical Mode for the English Version I'm pretty sure that'll amp up the difficult for pro gamers looking for a challenge.

CrossLegion

It's really as easy or as hard as you make it, Proud or otherwise. If you set limits on what you do in the game, then yeah, it can be hard. But if you go all out and level even a bit, you can be kind of overpowered. There's little doubt in my mind that that will change. But yeah, the addition of Critical Mode for the NA release should be difficult enough.

TehSoulCookie

It's really as easy or as hard as you make it, Proud or otherwise. If you set limits on what you do in the game, then yeah, it can be hard. But if you go all out and level even a bit, you can be kind of overpowered. There's little doubt in my mind that that will change. But yeah, the addition of Critical Mode for the NA release should be difficult enough.

Also Overall difficulty is going to be ramped up, so it's going to be more difficult no matter what. And then there's also Critical mode. So, I think it'll be plenty difficult.

CrossLegion

Yeah. It'll be a nice change of pace for me, since a lot felt easy to me in BBS regardless of what I was doing. I like being made to work for my power. Should be satisfying.

EDIT: They've all been easy to me so far, LOL. Or maybe I just played them far too much.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
I still thought Kh1 was easy. lawl.

Critical mode ftw.

omg i know !

im at the end of the world and just finished beating darkside and ansem#2 after the final save point

and lemme tell you

i haven't used any items after like the first time u go to colliseum

it aint that i want a challenge... im on expert mode and lol it's so freaking easy

the first time i played it, it was realll hard.. but now years later idk maybe iv been getting better at video games or something but daamn.. lol so easy !!

it took ansem#1 and darkside [after save point] only once to do, then ansem#2 it took me 3 tries.. after that i had to turn my ps2 off since we where all gonna go out somewhere..

and before that, that whole end of the world and hollow bastion wasn't hard ! i didn't die once ! ever ! the only times iv died was like 3 times in the colliseum and like 5 times in the oogie boogie thingy [no, it wasn't hard.. it was really easy, just dodge shit, but the battle is sooo fucking long cuz i never landed on oogie's square so i had to wait so i was like "fuck this, you stupid fat ass skipping piece of shit" and stopped trying to succeed.] but that's it.
no i was not overleveled at all. i chose the shield, gave up the sword, started at midday, really, this should be a kinda difficult game well not that difficult but kinda but holly damn smokes it was easy
i only used items on like the beginning when i needed em and stuff..

so yeah iv heard that bbs is a bit less harded then kh1 but i think the NA version will be as hard as kh1, hopefully more, but im gonna play it on critical so iuno.

robertexe

Yes, i have also heard it gets hard at certain points in the JPN version, but that in other parts, you're character would feel overpowered.

I'm playing on Critical Mode when it comes out

VagueSimplicity

Awards
I've seen some gamplay vids and it looks kind of hard. I'm just wondering now, what mode to start on. With the first game it was sort of easy to choose since it was just two choices: Normal and Expert, but now we have four options AND it's in NA format! I usually always choose Standard just so I can get the feel of the game and easily absorb the story on the first run, but Proud seems like a better choice to start off now that Critical is the next step. I've never finished a KH game on Proud and I've beat KH2FM (and its extras) on Critical Mode with a little difficulty, so I'm really contemplating between Standard and Proud.

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
omg i know !

im at the end of the world and just finished beating darkside and ansem#2 after the final save point

and lemme tell you

i haven't used any items after like the first time u go to colliseum

it aint that i want a challenge... im on expert mode and lol it's so freaking easy

the first time i played it, it was realll hard.. but now years later idk maybe iv been getting better at video games or something but daamn.. lol so easy !!

I know, that's the same for me...Always would die for the first time playing through it, then it would get easier so on and so on....but I still can't beat Sephiroth in Kh1. Haha.

But ya, BBS is going to be more challenging in the NA/EU version...we're getting critical mode, and the overall difficulty of every setting (Normal, Proud, etc) is being enhanced so they become harder.

When I get BBS, I'm starting out with Proud mode, playing through each scenario, then starting anew on Critical Mode for each scenario.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I always start on standard mode. Then wait a few months and try proud. I NEVER EVER play on beginner mode. EVER.

I can't wait for critical mode.

From what I've seen....Bbs looks challenging. Just how chain of memories was at first. I loved the card battle system because I felt ACCOMPLISHED after beating a boss, which is an important feeling for me when playing a game.

αsiя

space coke
It can be hard if you don't level grind, well at least me. I'm one of those who just wants to fight his way through and not worry that much about defending. If you have a worry then play the game in Critical mode when it comes out.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I'm going with either Proud or Critical, to get that ending, but idk how long i want to be stuck on some bosses on Critical...

Awards
The japanese version looks a little challenging, except for a few of tne boss battles Hades, Dragon Maleficent, Lucifer, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan all looked WAYYYYY too easy. I hope they'll be harder.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
No, it's pretty easy throughout.

Kinda wondering what changes they'll make in the US version other than nerfing some abilities.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think I figured out why Birth By Sleep was easy to beat.
It's not because of the difficult settings at all either.
I think the biggest problems are how many different styles of attacks their are and the right combination of commands will give you a huge advantage.

Way to many powerful attacks makes the hardest difficulty settings easy I'm afraid :(

Master Noheart

the game is really easy on proud mode. because if you defeat the first boss on all the characters you can go back to that world and buy all the lvl 1 magics fire,blizzard etc then just stay in that world until you can get third lvl magic spells which doesn't take that long at all. the game is really short too because i lvl up to lvl 30 before i actually started the story and it only took me 5 hours to complete right up to the last boss for each character. so you have to set the difficulty for yourself do you want to get good commands at the start or do you just want to stay at a low level throught the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back