• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is anyone not happy with their religion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is not happy with their religion?

• Happy

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Not Happy

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saixs' WRATH

Who is not happy with their religion? I am not happy with mine because of the people associated with it. Yes there are good people in mine but there are just so many bad ones.

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
mostly not happy. even though I love my religion, i'd rather be a Buddhist since it is a more peaceful religion than any other religion. Thay have no wars or anything. Christiany, Islam, Jewish, Hindus, Sikhs all have wars going on. Buddhism is al about peace and love. I would like to the whole world to be like that but alas it isn't

Skinwalker

Website
en.wikipedia.org
mostly not happy. even though I love my religion, i'd rather be a Buddhist since it is a more peaceful religion than any other religion. Thay have no wars or anything. Christiany, Islam, Jewish, Hindus, Sikhs all have wars going on. Buddhism is al about peace and love. I would like to the whole world to be like that but alas it isn't

Why not change?

Eh, I don't have a specific religion. Driven away from Christianity because of the bigotry of some Christians >_>

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
I refuse to live with religious stereotypes, and thus declare myself 'Unreligious'

..Though, really, I'm either Buddhist or a Satanist. Either way, I'm happy.

Saixs' WRATH

OKay i was starting to think i was the only unhappy one. I hate how people justify their actions with their beliefs. I'm thinking of changing i most likely will. Well this is too discuss what we do not like about our religion. Your religion is not necisary just your dislikes.

Cindri

Website
cindri.livejournal.com

I've talked about this before, but so potatoes. I totally agree with you! I'm going to eventually convert to bhuddism, but I'm waiting till I'm older so it will be easier. I have a few bhuddist books, and they're really interesting.

As for staying on the topic... I'm not nessasarily unhappy with my religion {christianity} but I'm not really fond of it either.

Saixs' WRATH

Im catholic and i really dislike my religion because of the people. They are like your relgion is a respected religion but its wrong and you're going to Hell. They are hypocrits. I hate how majority of catholics are like that. I hate people like that and i want no association with them.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I'm supposed to be Catholic. Was never confirmed or anything, though. Just baptized before I could have a say in anything.

I don't ever see myself becoming religious. I don't find it a necessity for happiness, as some people do.

Saixs' WRATH

I think it is helpful. It guides us in the right path. I don't think one is right and the others are wrong. I believe in God and if you do right by him nothing else should matter.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I think it is helpful. It guides us in the right path. I don't think one is right and the others are wrong. I believe in God and if you do right by him nothing else should matter.

A conscience serves the same purpose as Religion as far as guiding us in the right path.

I could care less about whether a god exists or not. I do what I think is right.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
No offence, but those who aren't happy with their religion because of reasons such hyprocrisy and so on, are being just as hypocritical by keeping it as their religion. If you aren't happy, change, rather than building up a false and superimposed existance,

I myself am a (Roman) Catholic. I am fairly satisfied with it, as I agree with most of the fundamental beliefs, though I believe that the Church's stance of some other issues to be outdated.

Because Christianity is the most popular religion, it is the one that comes under attack the most, and people make unfair generalisations - viewing many as bigots or warmongers. To me, there's just so much good in Christianity, and however misinterpreted the teachings of Jesus are in this day and age, at the heart is love and understanding.

Generally speaking, catholicism is a an easy religion to abdide to - not in the sense that is it is lenient on sinning, as it is not, but in the way that being a Catholic doesn't impose on your life as much as some other religions do, such as Islam and Hinduism.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Only because you ignore the eternal laws God and Jesus said you should abide to. Paul wasn't going to gain many Greek converts with all those complicated laws, so he single-handedly eliminated them, contradicting his God and Jesus. That's why it's easy.

At any rate, you want to see how a religion is, look at its followers

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I myself am a (Roman) Catholic. I am fairly satisfied with it, as I agree with most of the fundamental beliefs, though I believe that the Church's stance of some other issues to be outdated.

Same here.

I'm a Roman Catholic also, and I'm happy with it and would never convert to any other religion.

However, I hate the outdated specifics, like you said, and even some that are not so outdated. It's those damn specifics that give me doubts sometimes. I believe that following the Ten Commandments is all you need to lead a good life. Other rules like gay marriage and birth control and the fact that women can't be priests are just...I don't even know.

The basics are all you need, in my opinion.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
One of the 10 Commandments say you should keep the Sabbath. Do you?

Xiao

Awards
Yes, I do. Not every single Sunday, but I try and do my best, and I admit in reconciliation when I don't.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Sunday isn't the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the last (7th) day of the week, the day in which God rested from his creation, and that is Saturday.

Xiao

Awards
Sunday isn't the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the last (7th) day of the week, the day in which God rested from his creation, and that is Saturday.

If you're Jewish, than the Sabbath is Saturday. For Catholics, the Sabbath is mainly Sunday, and Saturday evening.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
And God, Jesus and the Bible allow this where? You said you follow the 10 Commandments, and there is only one day for Sabbath, the 7th day of Creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back