• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is anyone else wondering why they're bothering to HD-ify coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I mean, there were LITERALLY maybe 20 minutes in the ENTIRE game that mattered to the larger storyline. I'll enjoy seeing it's cutscenes in HD, but it just seems kind of superfluous.
I kinda feel like Coded was the least important entry in the entire series, because you spent the entire game rehashing KH1.

Gram

Banned
Awards
True it only had a few minutes of truly important relevance though I still liked it for the character interactions and gameplay but it wouldn't really be a full collection of it wasn't added in some way.
The whole point of the collections is to get the series back on one system. (where it should've stayed)

And tbh every time they reused a kh1 world for a later game it felt like rehashing kh1 to an extent.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They will put in the cute bro-tastic moments in the game that will make Sign, Ethy and myself squee with delight ;A;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They will put in the cute bro-tastic moments in the game that will make Sign, Ethy and myself squee with delight ;A;

There will be bro-tastic moments that will charm the world and they will realize how great coded really is ;A;

Okay in all honesty, the point of the HD remasters is to get all of the games from the past on to one system. This includes coded which does, in the overall scheme of things, does have importance to the game's story. Coded is used to show how non-human beings can grow hearts. It is also obvious Maleficent is still after the data worlds or she wouldn't have been in Disney Castle in KH3D.

Then I'm sure we'll see Data Sora and Data Riku/Jiminy's Journal again in KH3...then there is the matter of the Ansem's research data Riku recovered from Sora at the end of KH3D.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder how they will deal with the journal in KH 3, since it had such an important purpose in Coded.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The character interactions in this game are among the best in the series in my opinion, and the script is utterly fantastic.

coded was intended to be a fun game, and it delivered on that promise. I'd love to see that "fun" properly translated into HD into something purely enjoyable to watch.

YES ;A; ALL OF THEM. I WILL ACCEPT NO LESS AND WE SHALL MELT INTO PUDDLES OF GOO.

True it only had a few minutes of truly important relevance though I still liked it for the character interactions and gameplay but it wouldn't really be a full collection of it wasn't added in some way.
The whole point of the collections is to get the series back on one system. (where it should've stayed)

Not only to return the series to consoles, but also to accommodate the millions of fans who've joined the community over the past decade. All of those who have had difficulty keeping up for whatever reasons they had will be able to enjoy almost the entirety of the Xehanort Saga on a single system.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder how they will deal with the journal in KH 3, since it had such an important purpose in Coded.

(I know this is not what you mean; I know they are not this witty, but whenever you enter say Space Paranoids or the Grid and open the journal, it will show Data Riku standing there and he'll say something like "Need something?" and he could read the entries out...okay I am stopping. I've been playing too much Tomb Raider where they read everything to you 8D)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
(...I really want that now. Record the voice actors reading the journal entries. Include entries throughout the game for each main character, and maybe Nomura could write some more character notes on the pages?)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I don't think there's anything wrong with Re:coded's inclusion with this HD remaster. It would feel out of place if all of the KH titles weren't in the HD remasters in some form. I personally feel like they can take creative liberties with the cutscenes especially the turn based battle.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think that Coded's main point is so short that it would be a waste to not include it in the HD collection. While I cannot see them making nearly a 3 hour movie off of it, I think that there is info in the game (that has already been addressed in previous posts) as to why it is important to have it in the overall scheme of things. Plus, if they make it kind of short, maybe there is a chance that DDD will also be included and between the 2 games maybe have a little under 4 hours of cutscenes or something...

Odium Crop

Banned
I mean, there were LITERALLY maybe 20 minutes in the ENTIRE game that mattered to the larger storyline. I'll enjoy seeing it's cutscenes in HD, but it just seems kind of superfluous.
I kinda feel like Coded was the least important entry in the entire series, because you spent the entire game rehashing KH1.

Re: Coded was the least important game in the series; no doubt. Some might even call it a loose port of the first Kingdom Hearts game. I do not believe that the inclusion of Re: Coded in an HD remix is an absolute necessity; maybe there could just be a small summary of the game's events somewhere in the remix, like what happened in DDD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think that Coded's main point is so short that it would be a waste to not include it in the HD collection. While I cannot see them making nearly a 3 hour movie off of it.
Thing is, no one has ever said that Coded would have to be anywhere near 3 hours. I keep seeing people say Coded would have to be remade and be 3 hours long, but that has never ever been said nor would it be practical to drag it out that long.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
^This.

Between BBS Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix, there will be plenty of content on 2.5 that a short film explaining Coded will suffice. Coded probably won't merit a Lord of the Rings length feature film.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
^This.

Between BBS Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix, there will be plenty of content on 2.5 that a short film explaining Coded will suffice. Coded probably won't merit a Lord of the Rings length feature film.

Yeah lol. I agree as well. KHIIFM and BBSFM are already two amazing games that they can make up for Re:coded's lack of meaningful content. Also, it's better having it in there than leaving Re:coded out.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I would like to see DDD appear on the PS3 in one way or another. It's going to feel a bit odd if they leave that one out. Doesn't it take place right after Re:coded? They could just combine the two and leave out all of the filler scenes.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I would like to see DDD appear on the PS3 in one way or another. It's going to feel a bit odd if they leave that one out. Doesn't it take place right after Re:coded? They could just combine the two and leave out all of the filler scenes.
It does, but I seriously doubt DDD will be a part of 2.5 as 1.5's credits show no sign of it. It's likely that KH3 will have a summary of DDD at the beginning, possibly in the opening sequence like KH2 had with CoM.

I wouldn't really doubt the possibility of a DDD remake later on, to then package it with KH3 as a third and final collection.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I wouldn't really doubt the possibility of a DDD remake later on, to then package it with KH3 as a third and final collection.

I hadn't really thought of that, but this would be ideal! If they could somehow package DDD, along with a BBS Vol. 2 movie (would prefer a game) and all potentially viewable in 3D, homg~

Look at me already sifting through concepts of a 3.5 Mix. Calming down.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I hadn't really thought of that, but this would be ideal! If they could somehow package DDD, along with a BBS Vol. 2 movie (would prefer a game) and all potentially viewable in 3D, homg~

Look at me already sifting through concepts of a 3.5 Mix. Calming down.

Now I'm excited for a 3.5. There is no calming down to be had here. TIME TO SPECULATE! 8D

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I LOVED Re: Coded, I kind of get tired of seeing people hate on it. World's didn't feel like rehashes to me, they went about the stories in totally different ways. The gameplay was new and fun, never knowing what they'd throw at us next with the turn-based/railshooting/sidescrolling/Donald&GoofyasmyPokemon/EVERYTHING! The story was great in my opinion as well, Data Sora and Data Riku were two new interesting characters, and I had no clue what would happen!

So in all honesty, I'm not upset in the slightest its being included, I'm actually a little disappointed there is no way to get a full HD version of the game itself. All I'm worried about now is having Dream Drop Distance on my PS3 somehow so my trophy list can be complete with each KH entry in a nice row

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Or having it released separately as Kingdom Hearts 3: Prologue? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back