• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is anybody else confused with why Axel is changing sides?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneycat2012

Banned
Re: Is anybody else confused with why Axel is changing sides ? O_O

The only reason i can think of that axel ( lea ) would change is to protect sora just because roxas is inside him . I wonder if someday that when the new KH3 comes out they can make roxas his own person i feel sorry for him also because i love um so much XD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Axel/Lea was never really on anyone's side, at least not the mainstream ones. From the get go he worked for the Org. with plans to overthrow it. Like Larxene and Marluxia he was a traitor, he was just better at covering up his tracks because he was working with Saix who was Xemnas' right hand man. After Axel had his fallout with Saix, then eventually the Org. as a whole, he has been working on his own to get Roxas (and by extension, Xion) back. It's not so much that he's legitimately on Sora and co.'s side than it is just convenient to cooperate with them. Basically, it was never so much "team Org. XIII to team Sora and co." than it was "team Saix and Axel to team Roxas and Xion".

sora x kairi

Well obviously Axel would choose his own path and Probally wanted to join sora and his crew on many battles or help them in any way he can

Gram

Banned
Awards

Probably wanted to join sora and his crew on many battles or help them in any way he can

This I slightly doubt. x'D Axel is all about saving his friends. I dont see him caring to much about Sora's battles.

HollowNobody

true, but I see him butting in for laughs. :3 I think those four (Kairi, Riku sora and Lea) will make for an interesting (if not humorous) fighting team. :3 oh I can picture the fan comics now!

digimikej

Awards
i feel like everyone is putting way too much trust into axel/lea. hes one of my favorite characters, don't get me wrong, but i still don't trust him as a "good guy". he is, for me, still totally in the grey. i mean, nomura hinted heavily in an inteview that lea's reason for getting a keyblade was because of roxas, which I take to mean he wants one to get roxas back. i feel like he never TRULY warmed up to sora, even that genocidal inferno suicide blast of his was probably to protect the remnants of roxas, and his speech to sora afterwards was probably hoping that roxas could hear him. Even if it was heartfelt at the time, id be a little sappy too if i was FADING FROM EXISTENCE. i personally think, if he sees a way to get roxas back through backstabbing (either literally or metaphorically, now that he has a keyblade) sora, he will take it. also, to the person who said riku would "end him again", i kind of doubt he could. the only times axel/lea has really LOST a serious fight was A)behind the scenes against sai'x, caught off guard, and B) against dual wielding roxas, who managed to defeat riku in a fair fight. every other "loss" was more of axel screwing with people. id say he and riku are on par, in fighting skill.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

i feel like everyone is putting way too much trust into axel/lea.

Not even close. You're going with the logic that because he was with the bad guys, he's untrustworthy?

i mean, nomura hinted heavily in an inteview that lea's reason for getting a keyblade was because of roxas, which I take to mean he wants one to get roxas back.

Or it could mean that due to his continued exposure to Roxas allowed his heart to become stronger.
You see, Nobodies had hearts all along

i feel like he never TRULY warmed up to sora, even that genocidal inferno suicide blast of his was probably to protect the remnants of roxas, and his speech to sora afterwards was probably hoping that roxas could hear him.

It was more than that, he said that Sora makes him feel the same way as Roxas did.

i personally think, if he sees a way to get roxas back through backstabbing (either literally or metaphorically, now that he has a keyblade) sora, he will take it.

Yes, because Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Mickey and Yen Sid would let that happen.

Also the newformed nobody - which may or may not be Roxas.

also, to the person who said riku would "end him again", i kind of doubt he could. the only times axel/lea has really LOST a serious fight was A)behind the scenes against sai'x, caught off guard, and B) against dual wielding roxas, who managed to defeat riku in a fair fight. every other "loss" was more of axel screwing with people. id say he and riku are on par, in fighting skill.

1. He lost to Riku in the graphic novel. Riku let him go.
2. Roxas beat Riku before he unlocked the darkness within his heart. Ansem-Riku > Roxas > Riku > Axel
3. Riku's heart is MUCH stronger now than it was a few years ago.
4. Riku's a Keyblade Master. He's on the same level as Aqua, Mickey, Eraqus, Yen Sid, and Xehanort.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Well obviously Axel would choose his own path and Probally wanted to join sora and his crew on many battles or help them in any way he can
No, he wants to save Roxas which means helping Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i feel like everyone is putting way too much trust into axel/lea. hes one of my favorite characters, don't get me wrong, but i still don't trust him as a "good guy".

Axel had a major character arc where he relearned the value of friendship through every game he was in. I wouldn't say he a shining representation of what a good guy should be, but he's definitely not Mr. I-Do-What-I-Want anymore. He's thrown himself into a huge battle that will decide the fate of the universe.

This is not your KH2 Axel running from the Org and trying to chase after Sora. I'd even say KH2FM Axel is a bit different from what we knew about Axel in KH2.

[video=youtube;6yEAciVDQ28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yEAciVDQ28[/video]

[video=youtube;gncXhg_u85s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gncXhg_u85s[/video]

Honestly, a part of me believes that Axel probably wouldn't have split Sora into a Nobody again even if he had been given the perfect opportunity to do it. Axel certainly was driven to bring Roxas and Xion back to the Organization, even against their will, but he always flip-flopped between doing what he wanted and letting them do what they wanted.

Even after Axel was beaten by Roxas, he could have still kept going even if he was about to die. He fought tooth-and-nail when it came to Xion, even to the point where he was about to pass out carrying her. Instead he stays with what is left of Roxas' consciousness and says goodbye.

Axel's actions in the rest of KH2 seemed to be more of a guy who didn't know how to let go...

he is, for me, still totally in the grey. i mean, nomura hinted heavily in an inteview that lea's reason for getting a keyblade was because of roxas, which I take to mean he wants one to get roxas back.

It wasn't hinted. It is fact that is why he wanted a Keyblade. Before Lea wakes up, his dream is about Roxas and how Axel promised to always bring Roxas (and Xion) back "no mater what".

i feel like he never TRULY warmed up to sora, even that genocidal inferno suicide blast of his was probably to protect the remnants of roxas, and his speech to sora afterwards was probably hoping that roxas could hear him. Even if it was heartfelt at the time, id be a little sappy too if i was FADING FROM EXISTENCE.

I doubt Lea would have just sat there watching Sora sleep and waiting for him to awaken in KH3D if he didn't care about him. If he was really that desperate for Roxas like he was in KH2, he'd have taken Sora's sleeping body, found a heartless, and let it rip Sora's heart out to make a Nobody.

Protecting Roxas and his memory or not, in those last moments of the Axel the Nobody, he felt something from Sora he had only felt from Roxas before.

"It's kind of... funny. You make me feel... the same...." implies that he was also talking to Sora, and probably in that moment Sora and Lea's hearts connected because that is Sora's power. Sora has a heart capable of loving so much that he connects with everybody he meets, and he manages to make friends with everybody willing to connect with him.

Lea as a young teenager was the type of person who wanted to become friends with everybody, and Sora is also the same kind of person. I wouldn't even be surprised if Lea started confiding in Sora about his feelings on Roxas (and Xion) and why he's determined to save him/them because they are very similar.

Axel fought to save his friends. Sora fought for the same thing. The only difference now is that Sora has both of his best friends back, and Lea is still trying to save two of them (and even probably Isa but this isn't the place to talk about him)

i personally think, if he sees a way to get roxas back through backstabbing (either literally or metaphorically, now that he has a keyblade) sora, he will take it.

Why would he do that when Sora is probably already dead set on finding a way to help Roxas and everybody he saw in his nightmare? Making a Nobody doesn't require a Keyblade, though. If Lea wanted JUST that, he'd have done exactly what I said above. Kidnap Sora, get a Heartless, make a Nobody.

Instead Lea has decided he wants a Keyblade to find the right way to help his best friend. He's even willing to go up against is old best friend to help Sora. These aren't the actions of a guy who is ready to lie and cheat his way to what he wants.

also, to the person who said riku would "end him again", i kind of doubt he could.

Rofl, Riku is a Master. At this point, he's much more powerful than Axel or Lea ever were. If Roxas was stronger than Axel, and is a part of Sora, and Riku is, at the moment, stronger than Sora, then clearly Riku is stronger than Lea.

B) against dual wielding roxas, who managed to defeat riku in a fair fight.

Riku's heart was weakened when he was fighting Roxas. He wasn't even at his prime, trying his best to keep the Darkness in his heart from spilling out and changing him. It wasn't a fair fight at all.

id say he and riku are on par, in fighting skill.

No. They aren't.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Maybe Lea could be on par with riku and sora. He did get training from merlin after all
Riku is officially a Keyblade Master and Sora is the equivalent of one, so no a fledgling Keyblade wielder is not going to be on par with them. Lea barely knows how to summon his Keyblade.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Riku is officially a Keyblade Master and Sora is the equivalent of one, so no a fledgling Keyblade wielder is not going to be on par with them. Lea barely knows how to summon his Keyblade.

I didnt mean as a keyblade wielder, I meant as an overall fighter. Lea was one of the strongest members in the original organization. His training with merlin could have made him even stronger

Gram

Banned
Awards
His training with merlin could have made him even stronger

But his time with merlin and the fairies was solely for him trying to learn how to summon his keyblade, not typical strength increasing training.

sora x kairi

Well Lea is now gonna Probally fight be side sora and them because he Probally thought it was the right path to go on instead of takeing the way to become a nobody again his heart doesn't belong in darkness it belongs in light so he can pro fill his destiny

Lea never knew roxas did he ? I dono any way he has chosen his path

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't think Lea cares much about following a righteous path or the issues between light and darkness much. I reckon he'll be legitimate friends with Sora and co. eventually, but he's always been more of a neutral force.

sora x kairi

Lea could really be changeing sides because I donno feels that its right to join sora and his friends :)XD

13Rox

I think its because Axel and Roxas were friends and then he decides to change to the side Roxas now stands on because he is part of Sora again. But thats just one option. It makes the most sense to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back