• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Iron Prisoner IV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Can someone tell me how to beat him? He's driving me crazy. I unlocked the last arena mode in the MA but he's the only boss I can't beat. So can anyone tell me what commands to use and what level I have to be to beat him?

I'm level 67 on my Ventus file and I'm using Void Gear.

Crystal

Silver Member
Mine Square
Curaga
Shotlock : MultiVortex or Photon Charge.

That's what i use :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Crystal:
Multivortex is not avaiable if Iron Imprisoner IV is undefeated, as the ultimate shotlock is the prize for beating him.
Except if Ven95 is talking about II IV in Villain's Vendetta, going for the Ultima keyblade, then of course it's possible to use it.

The Iron Imprisoner IV really is a pain in the ass, most commands won't work against him because he can cancel them out by fire-spinning or by merge with the arena walls, shooting "tiles" at the player.

Constant dodging of the firespin is a must, but with Ven it should be definitely do-able when using dodge roll instead of gliding.
The best opportunity to attack II IV is either when he just finished a firespin or when he summons the flaming cage.
I've discovered two ways to effectively harm him with all three characters.
1. You use Sonic Blade, this command stuns even the II IV, but you have to be quick in executing it.
2. You use shotlocks, preferably some with a low max lock-on count like Ragnarok or even better Bio Barrage. If you bring along some Mega-Ethers you shall be able to quickly damage him.

Option 2 is arguably the safer one, as you don't need to get that near to him.
With Ventus one can also try to bring along a Faith, as it executes quickly and doubles as another Curaga, but don't expect it to do much damage. Never use Salvation though...it's too slow in execution for II IV.

Crystal

Silver Member
@Sephiroth0812 : He was saying last arena which means Level 30, no?
The multivortex can be obtain in Level 20 Mirage Arena.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth0812 : He was saying last arena which means Level 30, no?
The multivortex can be obtain in Level 20 Mirage Arena.

That's why I included the second sentence. If he already has beaten Iron Imprisoner IV in Keepers of the Arena I would wonder why he suddenly gets such Problems with him in Villain's Vendetta.
It's not like he gains new attacks or gets faster in Level 30, he only gains some more HP and does more damage...however the strategies to beat him are still the same.

Stars

リク
I used Mine Square, Curaga and Salvation or Faith.
Salvation or Faith is useful when IP locked you into a "cage" thingy.
Then Shotlocks like Photon Charge or Multivortex

Crystal

Silver Member
That's why I included the second sentence. If he already has beaten Iron Imprisoner IV in Keepers of the Arena I would wonder why he suddenly gets such Problems with him in Villain's Vendetta.
It's not like he gains new attacks or gets faster in Level 30, he only gains some more HP and does more damage...however the strategies to beat him are still the same.

Hmm.. the damage of Iron Prisoner on you is the same with Level 20?

I used Mine Square, Curaga and Salvation or Faith.
Salvation or Faith is useful when IP locked you into a "cage" thingy.
Then Shotlocks like Photon Charge or Multivortex

Yeah.Salvation is useful in that :p I equip it too..
Honestly, i think shotlock is the most useful in the battle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmm.. the damage of Iron Prisoner on you is the same with Level 20?

Yeah.Salvation is useful in that :p I equip it too..
Honestly, i think shotlock is the most useful in the battle.

No, the damage he causes increases on Level 30, but he doesn't gain any new moves or attack patterns. It's the same Iron Imprisoner IV than in Level 20, except with more HP and more Strength.

Salvation is too slow...he'll firespin you to death before you can fully use it.

Shotlock is the most useful because you can remain at a distance, cancelling the lock-on and start to dodge again if he goes for a second firespin right after the first.
I read somewhere that fire-spells like Firaga also stun him, but I haven't tried it yet.

Crystal

Silver Member
No, the damage he causes increases on Level 30, but he doesn't gain any new moves or attack patterns. It's the same Iron Imprisoner IV than in Level 20, except with more HP and more Strength.

Salvation is too slow...he'll firespin you to death before you can fully use it.

Shotlock is the most useful because you can remain at a distance, cancelling the lock-on and start to dodge again if he goes for a second firespin right after the first.
I read somewhere that fire-spells like Firaga also stun him, but I haven't tried it yet.

It doesn't cut my Salvation even i used it.. I don't know other strategies, that's what i use :)
Maybe there is still having other excellent strategy.
I think the more you try, the more you'll figure that fella's skill ..
And the battle will be pretty easy.

Swordsaint

I never found the iron imprisoners that difficult. their attacks are easy to dodge and the attack patterns are too obvious + shotlocks just destroy them, and with the amount of damage they deal you could probably just beat him with shotlocks only. in a way they're like MF. if you're at 1hp,dont heal instantly. dodge his next attack first before yuo do.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

It's because in Keepers of the Arena I beat him with other people online. I can't beat him by myself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's because in Keepers of the Arena I beat him with other people online. I can't beat him by myself.

I see, that's of course an entire other scenario then.

However, I hope the tips we gave you will help to take down that critter by yourself. ;)

MasterAqua

Website
www.facebook.com
To be honest I couldn't even touch him with normal attacks...
I got bored and defeated him like this:
Get all the most usefull abilities (The one that recharge your focus gauge as you're hit, once more, last chance ecc).
Equip your most powerfull shotlock.
Unleash the shotlock on that guy as you can. When the focus gauge is empty, get hit a bit, recharge the focus gauge, heal, shotlock him to death.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I beat him on the first try but I would never have done it without leaf-bracer. Once you have that you just need 2 or 3 Curagas and it's pretty easy

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I beat him :D The only reason I didn't beat him was because I was using Thunder Roll instead of the original dodge roll.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I beat him :D The only reason I didn't beat him was because I was using Thunder Roll instead of the original dodge roll.

Ah yes, the shorter invincibility frames...so now you're gained Ultima Weapon, *gg*, Congratz.

If you rely more on magic Ultima is actually better than Void Gear...and you lose only 1 Strength too I think.

Crystal

Silver Member

Well, congrats to you then :DDD
Next time don't equip those elemental movement xD

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yeah, that was bad on my part lol. I had it equipped for MF, but decided to switch it because Thunder roll caused damage. The regular doge roll is much faster and made me pretty much invisible.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Same... But I found a strategy that might work as well as all those methods... Try unison Rush maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back