• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Iron Prisoner IV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
And Shotlock help.

Any tips for Iron Prisoner IV? I went through the rounds to get to him. I'd never died once but as soon as I started fighting him, he...

He totally obliterated me. ;A;

Also, what's the best Shotlock? I was using Thunderbolt before and have switched to Bio Barrage.

kiante

The BEST shotlock is gotten from the arena match where you face Iron Imprisoner IV. Ironic, isn't it?

Use a non-elemental roll ability (Cartwheel, dodge roll, or dash, depending on character).

Use a shotlock like Prism Rain, Dark Volley, or meteor shower for now. Don't ever use the ones that are fire, lightning, or ice, or poison, elemental. They all stink.

Mostly, dodge around until he's still ong enough for you to get a max locked shot lock, then get him, then repeat. Same thing works for all Iron Imprisoners.

Remember, you're invincible while you're dodge rolling/cartwheeling/dashing. Use that to your advantage.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I have Thunder Roll equipped; is this slower than Dodge Roll? Same for Fire Glide and Ice Slide.

How do I get Prism Rain, Dark Volley and Meteor Shower for Ven?

Z

Zulkir

Do NOT equip thunder roll.

ONLY regular dodge roll gives you invincibility frames, you can still get damaged during thunder roll.

I think that was your main problem, your main source of avoiding attacks wasn't avoiding attacks.

Also here's a quick guide

IP4 attacks

Submerge-He goes into the ground, you hear a thud and he pops out, doing damage.

Counter---> Simply wait until you hear the "rumble" and see the screen shake, and press square to block, you will block the damage and be able to counter him for some damage.

Cage- He summons a cage, later it goes underground and traps you inside by popping out from under you.

Counter--> You can easily max a shotlock on him when he does that move, if you don't have focus, simply jump very high over where the cage is and it'll pop up from under you and you'll simply jump over it.

Spin- He...spins with his firey polearm thing.

Counter--> Just glide around, stay away from him.

If he turns the entire arena red, simply keep dodging while the arena barriers are all flying around.

Make sure you have the "damage syphon" and "once more" abilities, that way if he hits you hard, you won't die and your focus gauge will refill FAST.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Iron Prisoner IV is extremely cheap due to his low invincibility frames, although I suppose this is compensated since he's supposed to be a boss for multiple players.

Shotlocks will be your best friend. Counter Black will stun him, so try to block when he pops out of the ground. If you also have a chance to use Sonic Blade, do it. This will also stun him.

Lastly, Bladecharge can also stun him assuming you don't have many Combo Pluses equipped, so if you're somehow lucky enough to have this Style during the match, find a chance to attack him and don't stop.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
And Shotlock help.

Any tips for Iron Prisoner IV? I went through the rounds to get to him. I'd never died once but as soon as I started fighting him, he...

He totally obliterated me. ;A;

Also, what's the best Shotlock? I was using Thunderbolt before and have switched to Bio Barrage.

The shotlock I used was Ragnarok.
But Properartist who helped me by giving me advice to beat IP4 was to use Bio Barrage, But he told me about Other commands, But who are you fighting him with?

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
And again people keep forgetting.
Sonic Blade and Firaga instantly knock Iron Prisoner IV (as well as I through III).
It'll stun him and leave him completely open, hell you could spam it over and over again and he'd never get an attack off on you.

Shotlocks:
Aqua - Prism Rain (should take down around 3 to 3.5 bars)
Terra & Ventus - Bio Barrage (should take down 2.5 to 3 bars)

----
It's ideal to have Damage Syphoon equipped so you can get more Focus back so you can spam Shotlocks on him.
Renewal guard is also nice to have even though you won't be guarding much in this fight.

Important Tip: When IPIV glows Black and Red and charges at you with a ground pound, if you block the first hit you'll end up directly under his body where his other attacks won't hurt you. If you do it right you can pull off an attack do damage him greatly.
Aqua - Firaga Burst
Terra - Solo Arcanum
Ventus - Faith or Salvation (although it's animation start up is pretty slow)

Having Friend Curaga wouldn't hurt either seeing as it'll give you around 100 more medals just because it counts as a "friendship" command regardless of if you're playing online or not.

Last but not least do not equip any elemental roll, I.E Thunder Roll/FireWheel, seeing as it counts as a damage ability rather than giving you i-frames for evasion.

Honestly IPIV is one of the easiest bosses in the game and they made him even easier in the NA version, cause in the Japanese version nothing would stun him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Honestly IPIV is one of the easiest bosses in the game
not sure i agree D:
well cept when useing terra, i found him easy with him.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Let's... not jump the gun.

not sure i agree D:
well cept when useing terra, i found him easy with him.

I mean hell he can be stunned now, before nothing would stun him period but now you can actually knock him out of stuff.
As long as you have a shotlock with relatively slow start up and get a full lock off on you're golden.
That and well the trick I shared about guarding his ground pound.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
No, he's right
IPIV is supposed to be inmpossible to stun, but I guess thst was too hard for Japan

Gram

Banned
Awards
╬ProperArtist╬;5299730 said:
I mean hell he can be stunned now, before nothing would stun him period but now you can actually knock him out of stuff.
As long as you have a shotlock with relatively slow start up and get a full lock off on you're golden.
That and well the trick I shared about guarding his ground pound.

my only problem with him was his fire spinning attack but with terra's slide it was easier, also aqua after i thought to use her double jump.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Let's... not jump the gun.

I agree with Proper, Proper is pro. He isnt that hard, just got to know what to do. his attacks are really easy to dodge, and block.
I beat IP4 on the 30th rank today first try. bio barrage works like a charm on this boss. and I did block his hammar moves. and I dodge he fire spinning.

JPN version was harder. IP4 is easy on NA version

my only problem with him was his fire spinning attack but with terra's slide it was easier, also aqua after i thought to use her double jump.

Just dodge it. I dodged right into it, and he didnt hurt me, Invincibility on dodge roll for the win :D

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just dodge it. I dodged right into it, and he didnt hurt me, Invincibility on dodge roll for the win :D

i did XD the bastard always got on the return trip or cause of the camera but i eventually beat him after a try or 4.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i did XD the bastard always got on the return trip or cause of the camera but i eventually beat him after a try or 4.

20th Rank ---> 3rd or 4th try

30th Rank ---> 1st try on all rounds :D

People think IP3 is harder, but they're all easy |D and I did it solo which I am proud of. I was pissed cause I couldnt get online, so I was like "Im never gonna be able to do it" than I streamed for the 20th rank, and Proper was there, and told me the right commands, and I did, and I beat him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
20th Rank ---> 3rd or 4th try

30th Rank ---> 1st try on all rounds :D
there was rankings? *didnt pay attention*

People think IP3 is harder, but they're all easy |D and I did it solo which I am proud of. I was pissed cause I couldnt get online, so I was like "Im never gonna be able to do it" than I streamed for the 20th rank, and Proper was there, and told me the right commands, and I did, and I beat him.
T^T i cant get online....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back