• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Iron Man - Live Action Movie Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
Re: Iron Man

I'll probably see it over the weekend, =/

like evryone else..

Have you been watching Attack of the Show?

....nah I don't watch that.

Yeah lol for you who saw it early, no spoilers please yet until the end of the first day of national release.. and even then, use spoiler boxes lol

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

"Let's face it, this is NOT the worst thing you've caught me doing."

Best quote in all the trailers I've seen I can't wait to see it. I might see it and Harold & Kumar over the weekend with my cousin.

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness

Haha, Almost Friday, I may pay the movie theater a visit this weekend =P

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

So basically I'm happy giving Iron Man a 4/5. It wasn't tops. But it was definititely very good. It didn't buttf*ck the continuity and was probably the most faithfull interpretation of any comic book movie.

As far as ranking the movie, I'd put it on the level with Spider-Man and X-Men. Not as good as Spider-Man 2 or X-Men 2, but better than Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3. Not nearly as good as Batman Begins, though.

Robert Downey Jnr. is Tony Stark. Terrance Howard is an awesome Rhodey. And Jeff Bridges was a mean Obidiah Stane. Gwyenth Paltrow just played the typical love interest, but Pepper Potts is a still an integral role to Tony Stark and it was right, so I won't complain.

So basically I'm happy giving Iron Man a 4/5. It wasn't tops. But it was definititely very good. It didn't buttf*ck the continuity and was probably the most faithfull interpretation of any comic book movie.

As far as ranking the movie, I'd put it on the level with Spider-Man and X-Men. Not as good as Spider-Man 2 or X-Men 2, but better than Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3. Not nearly as good as Batman Begins, though.

Robert Downey Jnr. is Tony Stark. Terrance Howard is an awesome Rhodey. And Jeff Bridges was a mean Obidiah Stane. Gwyenth Paltrow just played the typical love interest, but Pepper Potts is a still an integral role to Tony Stark and it was right, so I won't complain.

Hey Johnny Stooge, I'm going to see this tonight with my date. I got a quick question though, how good does Robert Downey Jr. take on the persona as the main protagonist? I'm hoping it'll be more Batman/The Punisher style, less Superman/Spiderman, basically I want bad-ass'ness.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Then you're looking for the wrong movie. Tony Stark is a playboy. He doesn't disguise himself as one, like Batman.

Batman is straddling the lines of anti-hero, Punisher is an anti-hero. Iron Man is just a severly flawed hero.
But he does kill people. He's got no problem with that, since he is a weapons manufacturer.

Then you're looking for the wrong movie. Tony Stark is a playboy. He doesn't disguise himself as one, like Batman.

Batman is straddling the lines of anti-hero, Punisher is an anti-hero. Iron Man is just a severly flawed hero.
But he does kill people. He's got no problem with that, since he is a weapons manufacturer.

Oh I see, well yeah screening is at 08:45PM. Well, I'll still see how it is, wouldn't let that stop me, was just hoping it'd be that sort of type. As I prefer it. Also the key fact that it's Robert Downey Jr. starring as Iron Man.

P.S. Critics' reviews - Our picks - MSN Movies

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Well im going to see the movie in about an hour lol.. and then again later tonight with a group :p i'll post my thoughts after :D

Loved it! Iron man is definitely up there with the best! Once again Robert Downy Jr. lives up to his reputation!

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

Saw it last night and I gotta say it was pretty kickass. I like the ending after the credits too, sets us up for the next movie nicely. I also like that there was a lot more action than i expected.

4/5 most definitely​

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

You are aware that Iron Man is a Marvel comic book character, right? Not Paramount's attempt to cash in on the superhero genre.
Are you also aware that Tony Stark has around 40 years of history and a world full of depth? He's been an alcoholic, a father figure and a facist. All elements of his character which they plan to explore through the movies.

Most reviewers are giving the movie 4/5, meaning it actually is quite good. Do you plan on pulling this same bullshit with The Dark Knight as well?

I am a bit biased considering I want to watch The Dark Knight, but I'm still tired of Hollywood's silly superhero movies as if they can't do anything more than remake superheroes and old childhood favorites nowadays. It's no wonder to me why the video game industry is kicking it's butt.

I might watch Iron Man simply because my friends will, but I'm reluctant.

Also, the idea of an iron suit, and a person called "Iron man" sounds so generic it makes me want to barf. But who knows? We'll see.

Crimson Jazz

Also, the idea of an iron suit, and a person called "Iron man" sounds so generic it makes me want to barf. But who knows? We'll see.

It's not an iron suit, it's a suit made of metal.

It's better than a tights-wearing, web-slinging, egg head, who I'm completely in love with (no homo). If you have ever read any Iron Man comic books, or any other Marvel comics he is involved in, you would actually want to see this movie.

Joy

Bronze Member

It's made of a gold and titanium alloy. Gold was used to prevent the chilling of extremly high altitudes.

Overall, the only down part to it was the fight. It was like "uh, that's it?", but overall, Iron Man is ****ing bad ass.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Over all, I think the movie was pretty decent. I think finally the MARVEL will slowly but surely bring itself out of the ditch that was dug for it over the past few years with the previous movies.

I loved the part
Over all, I think the movie was pretty decent. I think finally the MARVEL will slowly but surely bring itself out of the ditch that was dug for it over the past few years with the previous movies.

I loved the part

spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

do you like? o_O

Crap... can anyone fix my spoiler boxes? having a hell of a hard time here >.>

Last edited:

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery

Just got back from the movie theater. Iron Man is the best movie I've seen in very very long time.

Robert Downy Jr. was fantastic, the plot was great, the suit was unbelievable, and the ending was priceless.

And to top it all off,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's not an iron suit, it's a suit made of metal.

It's better than a tights-wearing, web-slinging, egg head, who I'm completely in love with (no homo). If you have ever read any Iron Man comic books, or any other Marvel comics he is involved in, you would actually want to see this movie.

Thought this should be bumped, valid point.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK

I am a bit biased considering I want to watch The Dark Knight, but I'm still tired of Hollywood's silly superhero movies as if they can't do anything more than remake superheroes and old childhood favorites nowadays. It's no wonder to me why the video game industry is kicking it's butt.

Iron Man's the best reviewed FILM of 2008 so far, if you hadn't heard. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, bitch.

It looks like this is actually going to outdo The Dark Knight in critical reception.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

It looks like this is actually going to outdo The Dark Knight in critical reception.
I very much doubt that.

The sequels to X-Men and Spider-Man were considered to be superior to their premiere counterparts. The main reason being that now that the world and it's characters have been established, we can just jump right into things. And that is what is going to happen with The Dark Knight. We're not even going to be bogged down with a Joker origin. The Dark Knight has also far more hype surrounding it.

Iron Man had pacing problems, whereas Christopher Nolan doesn't appear to have that issue.

Crimson Jazz

A radio station here in Chicago just said that it has report that over 4,000 people lined up to see Iron Man in Chicago theaters. I was supposed to see it tonight with my cousins, but my aunt has to work tonight and she was "too tired" to take us after we ate dinner with her side of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back