• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

iPod capacity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
question that is confusing me right noww

i have an iPod Nano product (Red) 4GB. i believe that this holds 1000 songs?

well i have 1007 songs and im wondering if someone knows the correct capacity of songs? and if it is 1000, i'm wondering why i have over the limited capacity..

i have no photos, and i have 429 MB available. is this because i have no photos saved on my iPod and i have more room for more songs?? :confused:

this is all my info on my iPod:

Songs: 1007
Photos: 0
Capacity: 3.6 GB
Available: 429 MB
Version: 1.1.3
Model: MA725LL
Format: Windows

help is much appreciated ^^ thankss

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I'm pretty sure the Apple (and what I know for other companies) predictions are based on a 1000 128kbps MP3 files of length 4 minutes (average)

I'm an ALE man myself (342 songs = 10.32GB) but the quality difference is superb...

K

kingdomfighter5

it also depends on the way it was recorded. I have Jon Foreman eps that are larger files than songs that are twice as long

the capacity is never accurate.
It depends on the size of your songs that you have on the iPod.

like... I put really high quality songs on my Ipod. Therefore, it holds less than the said capacity.

Exactly right.

I have the same size as you Angelsinflight, the iPod Nano (silver) 4GB. But I've already used up all the storage. And I only around 700 songs.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Apple just puts every song down to an average of 4MB, I think, I've used up 20GB (19.27GB of audio, 95.4MB of video) on my 30GB iPod, yet I only have 3572 or so songs (I believe they said it was supposed to be able to hold 7500 songs and by filling up my iPod I would have like 5000 songs). In my opinion, they should change the estimate to about 6MB per song.

Hinamizawa Syndrome

Sheer perfection.
My MP3 Player is small, but it can hold more stuff than you think, including photos. I'm not exactly sure how much, though...

By the way, when I first looked at your thread title, I thought it said "iPod captivity"! XD

haha captivity lol

i do have a lot of songs that are only a minute long and then most of my songs average out to over a minute, but nothing more than six minutes. only a few are 9 minutes +, but not many. so i guess the minute long minutes are the ones that are making my ipod have more capacity.

how many songs would i be able to put on until its max capacity is reached? (i have 429 MB left)

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
My 30GB iPod is already full and it only has like 5000 or so songs which is annoying as I have around 14000 songs saved on my external HDD.

Once again, it depends upon the quality of the music you have left, dependent on that and the length you'll be able to tell how many more you can fit.

busted

u never get the full load of 4gb because it needs the program files to run on the computers and its own drivers n stuff to install so that takes up quite a bit >.<

but the simple explanation of having over 1000 is the simple fact that it is ment to hold up to 1200 songs loll

u should never really listen to the catalogues n stuff they dont really know >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back