• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Invisible Force Fields

• Thread starter Deleted member 235902
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 235902

In many of the Kingdom Hearts games, many villains are able to create these invisible force fields that block you from leaving a room and forcing you to fight or blocks of part members from helping you fight. This is clearly for plot convenience and it shouldn't be thought about too seriously, but how does it make sense plot and lore wise? What are these invisible force fields? When you go up to them and touch them, you can see the same hexagon pattern on them that you see on Reflect, so are they just an advanced version of Reflect that these villains are using? It's strange because sometimes they appear without any villain even there.

I know that this currently has no real answer, other than plot convenience, but what are your thoughts and opinions on this? What do you think these invisible force fields are? Everything in-game in all KH games is canon, even save points are canon, so it's a pretty interesting thing to think about.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Honestly, these things are soooo stupid. In KH1, there are I think four bosses that allow you to just.. leave.

Clayton Phase 1,
Opposite Armor,
Oogie Phase 2,
and Captain Hook.

You can literally just leave these bosses in the room they're in, you can straight up walk out no questions asked. It's fucking hilarious. It's the funniest thing in any KH game, I reckon.

I've gotten sidetracked-- When you first fight Guard Armor in KH1, several pillars appear to block your escape.. It's one of the few unique moments where that happens. Honestly, I think an unexplained invisible wall would be better than the force-fields. The only time force fields should happen is when the developers are purposely trying to segregate Sora from Donald and Goofy.

I don't remember any forcefields in DDD, so I guess they got over it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sometimes I can make sense of them. I mean, the walls that surround you during the Guard Armor fight were obviously created by the Disney villains watching Sora to hopefully get him slaughtered (considering they talk about him just after he beats it).

I could believe characters like Ursula and Jafar could create forcefields with the trident and lamp, for instance (or in KH2, when Jafar has unlimited powers). It's when bosses like Shan-Yu create a forcefield that it makes no sense at all. He has no powers outside summoning the Heartless.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Yea rather than force fields they should just show a popup that has Sora saying he can't leave the fight now etc. I believe they had this a couple of times and that makes more plot sense.

redcrown

Awards
Sometimes I can make sense of them. I mean, the walls that surround you during the Guard Armor fight were obviously created by the Disney villains watching Sora to hopefully get him slaughtered (considering they talk about him just after he beats it).

I could believe characters like Ursula and Jafar could create forcefields with the trident and lamp, for instance (or in KH2, when Jafar has unlimited powers). It's when bosses like Shan-Yu create a forcefield that it makes no sense at all. He has no powers outside summoning the Heartless.

I guess because the series jumped from having some story reason for force fields appearing (villain magic) to the game assuming you wouldn't question an invisible wall that's needed in order to trap you with a boss.

It actually was fun to be able to run around the whole room to evade a boss, especially when you needed to because the game (KH1) had clunky controls while you were dying, and have them follow you around the room (example when Sora fights Sabor or Riku in the entrance room of Hollow Bastion).

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yea rather than force fields they should just show a popup that has Sora saying he can't leave the fight now etc. I believe they had this a couple of times and that makes more plot sense.
Pretty nice idea.

I actually have nothing against them. Sure, it sometimes is illogical. But idk.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I prefer the "blocks" over when you get kicked out of a bossfight and have to do it over again. God, I hated that in the Clayton-fight, but right in the entrance is such a good place to hide from him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back