• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introverts unite! (Separatly...in our own rooms, alone...)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
its ironic that y'all were pushed into interacting as kids and you grew up with the opposite ingrained in you, when i am "apparently" an extrovert and i was completely sheltered as a kid, homeschooled, barely went outside and all that jazz.

i probably only saw 4 or 5 kids besides my siblings up until 2012, and this lead to me being socially awkward and anxious even tho i'm like "well, i'd LIKE to talk and have friends tbh".

Neyan

Personally my parents never got involved in my social life and I'm really grateful for that. They really don't care about other people's children, and I can have the friends I want as long as they don't drag me into illegal activities or smth like that.

Though what I do regret is that because I was never really "taught" how to interact with other people, my social skills now are pretty darn crappy, which does not help the fact that I'm an introvert who's not very comfortable talking to random strangers. We also used to move fairly often when I was younger so I always felt odd being the awkward new kid at school and I never really formed any lasting friendships until I got into HS.
But my parents really didn't start caring about social life at all until I started complaining how I don't have any friends, but they always encouraged me to find friends by myself rather than forcing me to interact with some of their friends' children or smth.

Laeril

Awards
My parents tried to get me to interact with other children. It wasn't very effective. I did have a few friends throughout childhood, but even now I don't do much to interact with them.

Shawty

Awards
I'm most definitely an introvert. I can easily spend time alone for days at a time. Some of my friends don't really understand this, and always try to convince me to go to big events or question why I go home early. After spending an evening with my friends I need at least a day to recover and charge my batteries so to say. As for my MBTI type, I'm an INFP which fits me perfectly.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
What shall we call our group of introverts? "The Loners", or just, "The Introverts"? If they don't sound pleasing then idk.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What shall we call our group of introverts? "The Loners", or just, "The Introverts"? If they don't sound pleasing then idk.

i thought introverts avoided groups lol

Shawty

Awards
i thought introverts avoided groups lol

This is a pretty common misconception. Being an introvert simply means you get energy from alone time, and being an extravert means you get energy from being around people.

Introverts can be incredibly social and outgoing, they just need to recharge their batteries by being alone because being around people too much drains them.

Chuuya

Awards
^ I agree with everything you just said.

AuroraX

Awards
We don't mind groups, just in small spurts. ;D

Jokingly of course I've always talked about starting a social club called "The Anti-social club" where we simply acknowledge each others existence and then go our merry way (which still doesn't sound like a too bad of an idea). As for this group, we could call ourselves something KH related if desired. Another option is, going along with the whole "The Loners" idea, is "The Lone Wolves"? Anyone game for that?

As of right now it sounds really cool, but I'm also really tired and it could be really dorky. :'D Feel free to post more ideas.

P.S. Howler you signature gif is really cool. ^.^

Chuuya

Awards
Aww, thanks! Anti-Social club sounds cool. Love the name, "The Lone Wolves"! WOLVES! And all dorks are welcome! :D

jnh71193

Awards
I'm very introverted. Though I do try to talk to a lot of people online, which is opposite of what I do irl! :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's definitely easier on the internet. :D
I'm way more outgoing than a few years back though. There are nice people out there, and if they don't talk to you first - who knows? Maybe they're shy / insecure / whatever as well.

Chuuya

Awards
I'm outgoing only to my closest friends. One's who I definitely know have my back. But with new people, I'm very shy. God, especially doing presentations in front of the class at school. I literally start shaking. xD

D

Deleted member 36435

I've always scored a INTJ on those personality tests. Which makes sense.

AuroraX

Awards
I'm oddly worse on the internet. I think part of that is due to my time spent on Tumblr and the fact that everything I said was judged on there. It makes one jumpy on other places. I actually love talking in person, especially one on one. Talking in groups can be a little daunting depending on the group.

Chuuya

Awards
It's good to know that there are people out there that are exactly like me!

AuroraX

Awards
It's good to know that there are people out there that are exactly like me!

That's sort of why I made this thread ^.^ I know when I first found out I was an INTP/Introvert, I kind of felt misunderstood. But since my family and some of my friends turned out to be introverts, it made me feel a little less crazy haha.

It can sometimes take me hours, even days to think of a proper response. There have been times someone has messaged me and it was during a time I couldn't stop and reply properly. So yeah...I think the longest I went not replying to someone was for about 3 months. I'm such a wonderful friend XD

Chuuya

Awards
Everything you said is basically me! xD I'm always worried whenever I have to reply to someone and it takes me forever. (Sometimes) I don't at all, so I don't hurt anyone. Usually I write notes to my Bff, but go through like 5 different versions till I have the perfect note back to her. Yeah, I'm weird, but in a good way!

AuroraX

Awards
I think the worst is messenger apps like Kik that let the person know when you're typing, when you've read the message, when you're sending it, etc. Like you also want to let the person know when I go to bed, when I eat, and when I go poop as well XP??? I'm so glad most of my friends just text with me now, but a few of them only used Kik and it would stress me out haha. I've gotten better with talking to people thanks to writing; I just tell myself if my message makes sense and the grammar is good, then I'm good to go.

Back