• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introverts unite! (Separatly...in our own rooms, alone...)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AuroraX

Awards
Didn't see any thread made for us introverts, so decided to make one. Just a place to talk about the awesomeness of being an introvert, the struggles, MBTI, and so on.
I'm an INTP and I consider myself a fairly outgoing introvert. I love talking but does it drain me so. :'D

(P.S. Sorry if something like this was already made.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm an outgoing introvert, but for me I am shy when I start talking and once I'm comfortable I don't really stop. I get drained by events with strangers I'm meeting, but not in big crowds. Instead I get energized by crowds, so to that extent I don't think I'm 100% introverted. I suspect this is due to not being a natural born introvert (I was quiet as a child but extremely outgoing) but rather a learned behavior from not going out with friends as a kid, staying home during my summers, and even now from staying at home or school to work on school work.

I think the worst part of being an introvert is knowing how confidence and charismatic you can be but that initial shyness can hold you back and make you seem awkward. Also getting drained from social interactions sucks. I usually go home with a headache after spending time with my best friend's friends despite enjoying their company.

Also school can be hard because I'm very sarcastic with a dry humor but due to my quiet nature, I rarely express it and since I don't speak much my ability to express myself eloquently comes and goes xD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I usually go home with a headache after spending time with my best friend's friends despite enjoying their company.

Interesting, this happens to me too sometimes. If it`s watching a play or just hanging out with my friends, they are sometimes followed with a headache when I get home.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm an introvert in terms of not just running up to people and starting to talk to them. I'm rather shy or maybe "cautious" and always insecure like: "Maybe they don't like me. Maybe I should leave them alone."
I still like being around people from time to time.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I'd write some more about myself here, but it seems to all have been covered for me already :p (especially in Spockanort's post)

To me it made life hard, since I've yet to encounter another introvert irl who truly gets it (maybe. Recently met someone who I'm not sure of yet). But I found it helps if you talk to the people closest to you about it, if they haven't figured it out themselves that is. It still happens way too much were people think that just because you're an introvert that you need "fixing", and it's important to get it out of the way that that's not true.

Gotta say, a thread like this is a great idea. The first I've seen anywhere.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm not introverted because I'm shy or lack confidence. It's literally because I'm too lazy to try. You could say that I'm pretty self-centered. I usually either have something on hand (books or video games) or something on my mind (stories of books or video games) to keep myself very occupied, so social interaction...? Eh. It doesn't interest me most of the time, and I don't have social media, so I'm completely out of the loop. I don't pay attention, and I usually don't care, because most conversations (girls' in particular) are unbelievably boring and just stupid. It's like listening in on a flock of psychotic parakeets.

Get me interested, and I'll drop my honest opinion and leave (and usually upset people with said honesty). Get me really interested and I'll get in on the conversation. Otherwise, I'm that one person who's perfectly content sitting completely alone while everyone else is crowded together on the other side of the room.

I did luck out with the small group of friends that I have. Social interaction can be pretty draining, but we laugh a lot and those get-togethers make me happy to be alive.

Neyan

Ayy, this is a really nice thread, thanks for creating it!

I'm an introvert (also INTP) and not really outgoing in the sense that I often start conversations with strangers, but once I'm comfortable with the situation and have something to say, I will gladly talk quite a lot and get really invested in the topic.
I also get pretty tired after prolongued social interactions, especially after parties or long school days I just want to sleep for a week and see no other human being at all, even if I did enjoy the interactions themselves.

Though I suppose I became more outgoing and outspoken in the last couple of years since I left my "I am trash and everyone hates me" emo phase behind and generally became more confident in myself and my opinions. I think I've probably always been quite opinionated and ready to speak my mind but my insecurities were holding me back whereas now some people probably wish I'd shut up sometimes.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
intp? introvert? what in the flabbergaston does this mean?

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
*Looks up word "introvert" in dictionary* "Oh..that's what it means!" Well I stay in my bedroom the whole day, so yeah I'm a introvert. I am shy and I do tend to get a little uncomfortable in big groups of people. I do have some friends at school, but not a lot. :(

TheRedMage

I'm not introverted because I'm shy or lack confidence. It's literally because I'm too lazy to try.
I'm taking this quote and putting it in my signature because it describes me so well. Probably the only reason I haven't had a girlfriend/large group of friends is because I come off as a bit of a prick when I do speak. That and the heavy metal that blares constantly from my headphones. People in Alabama apparently do not like heavy metal.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
I'm proud to be an introvert! Some people just don't understand we like to spend time alone. When someone ask me "why are you so quiet?" I just give them a sarcastic answer like "idk maybe because I'm not LOUD like you?". I'm very shy and quiet at first but if we became friends I'm very talkative. I had a few friends at school and that's fine to me. Sometimes I just want to play video games the whole day rather going to a social event. When we have a school event I'll just be absent and stay my room the whole day xD

redcrown

Awards

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Laeril

Awards
Being an introvert is kind of like that Emily Dickinson poem.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us—don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

That's my take on the whole introvert experience, anyway.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'm kind of in the middle. In real life, you have to be an extrovert. Especially when it comes to work and communicating with others outside. Sometimes I could end up talking to someone so long but then I start to getting dry. Although I believe the more you do, the more you're able to talk.

AuroraX

Awards
Being an introvert is kind of like that Emily Dickinson poem.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us—don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

That's my take on the whole introvert experience, anyway.

If introverts are nobodies...Does that mean we're perfect? >.>

Kind of surprised this thread has gotten so many replies already. Maybe it was a s good idea after all to make it haha.

For me when it comes to talk to people, it really does depend on the person. Sometimes I can only handle a few minutes of talking, but other times I could spend half a day talking to person. I have a love/hate relationship with crowds. If the people are nice and mind your own business kind of folks, I'll do fine. Stick me in a crowd of a bunch of rude people and I start getting anxiety (with the slight urge to murder :') ). Both my parents are introverts and my brother is an ENFP (an introverted-extrovert), so while my parents pushed me to do things, they never pushed me into making friends and always encouraged alone time. So it was always weird seeing parents freaking out about their kids not having a lot of friends or trying to make them socialize.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If introverts are nobodies...Does that mean we're perfect? >.>

Kind of surprised this thread has gotten so many replies already. Maybe it was a s good idea after all to make it haha.

For me when it comes to talk to people, it really does depend on the person. Sometimes I can only handle a few minutes of talking, but other times I could spend half a day talking to person. I have a love/hate relationship with crowds. If the people are nice and mind your own business kind of folks, I'll do fine. Stick me in a crowd of a bunch of rude people and I start getting anxiety (with the slight urge to murder :') ). Both my parents are introverts and my brother is an ENFP (an introverted-extrovert), so while my parents pushed me to do things, they never pushed me into making friends and always encouraged alone time. So it was always weird seeing parents freaking out about their kids not having a lot of friends or trying to make them socialize.
I think video game forums tend to attract a lot of introverts. Especially if it's one of those smaller fandoms based on a more "niche" franchise like this one.

My mom used to try and push me to make friends and whatnot, but eventually she realized that I didn't really need a lot of socialization and I was just fine with the few friends that I had.
I've witnessed parents being way over-concerned about their child's social life myself. In fact, it was my best friend's mom who did this, way back in elementary school. I kinda got dragged into her little plan to get her kid "in" with one of the groups of girls in our grade... Hell, part of it was getting the goddamn principle to recommend that we try to "branch out."

Honestly, looking back, I have a feeling that my friend's mom was pushing the "get in on the group" thing for herself just as much as for her kid. You know how when kids have friends, their moms are friends and stuff... my friend's mom probably wanted that, rather than to be stuck with just my mom because her kid didn't want to make any other friends. Uh, by the way, forcing stuff like that doesn't seem to build lasting friendships.

AuroraX

Awards
I think video game forums tend to attract a lot of introverts. Especially if it's one of those smaller fandoms based on a more "niche" franchise like this one.

My mom used to try and push me to make friends and whatnot, but eventually she realized that I didn't really need a lot of socialization and I was just fine with the few friends that I had.
I've witnessed parents being way over-concerned about their child's social life myself. In fact, it was my best friend's mom who did this, way back in elementary school. I kinda got dragged into her little plan to get her kid "in" with one of the groups of girls in our grade... Hell, part of it was getting the goddamn principle to recommend that we try to "branch out."

Honestly, looking back, I have a feeling that my friend's mom was pushing the "get in on the group" thing for herself just as much as for her kid. You know how when kids have friends, their moms are friends and stuff... my friend's mom probably wanted that, rather than to be stuck with just my mom because her kid didn't want to make any other friends. Uh, by the way, forcing stuff like that doesn't seem to build lasting friendships.

Yikes, my mum was soo far from that. XD At the most she would just say things like "I think you and so-so would be good friends, you should talk to them more" or "Trust me, she's weird like you and she loves Disney. Just talk to her." She's never cared about getting into a group or anything like that. I was homeschooled/home educated, and so I used to know a lot of Christian Homeschool families with 5-15 kids+ (no joke). Yes, there were a lot of Duggar like families and my parents would kind of get along with them, but nothing too deep. My family has always liked just being alone to a point. And yeah, whenever I've been forced into friendships by other people, they never turn out well. I once had a friend would have me talk to all the guys that liked her but she didn't like back. >.< A few times they would end up liking me as well and it made life so awkward and weird haha.

Back