• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introverts unite! (Separatly...in our own rooms, alone...)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Geotrix1

Yeah I enjoy my space and get super drained by large crowds. It's also a mix of worrying/saying the wrong thing and just kinda feeling insignificant in the grand scheme of things when everyone is trying to get their say in. It's why I prefer alone time/smaller gatherings just feels way more focused if that makes sense.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah I enjoy my space and get super drained by large crowds. It's also a mix of worrying/saying the wrong thing and just kinda feeling insignificant in the grand scheme of things when everyone is trying to get their say in. It's why I prefer alone time/smaller gatherings just feels way more focused if that makes sense.

I guess I get that.
Sometimes you say things that are meant in a good way but end up sounding mean or bad. I don't like that, and it rarely happens in small groups with friends.

Geotrix1

I guess I get that.
Sometimes you say things that are meant in a good way but end up sounding mean or bad. I don't like that, and it rarely happens in small groups with friends.

Yeah it's kinda irrational on my end which I'm trying to work on. Thinking of the worst case in new encounters/scenarios instead of just letting conversation happen which is why I fear trying to talk to someone new on a more deep level rather than small talk. It rarely happens with the small group I already know since I've had years to build up these relationships.

Basically I need to get out of my comfort zone, haha.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah it's kinda irrational on my end which I'm trying to work on. Thinking of the worst case in new encounters/scenarios instead of just letting conversation happen which is why I fear trying to talk to someone new on a more deep level rather than small talk. It rarely happens with the small group I already know since I've had years to build up these relationships.

Basically I need to get out of my comfort zone, haha.

I suppose so, but I know it's hard sometimes.
I get more comfortable with warming up when it's partly people I know and partly people I don't. That works kinda well for me, because IF the worst case scenario hits, I still have others to go back to.

Geotrix1

I suppose so, but I know it's hard sometimes.
I get more comfortable with warming up when it's partly people I know and partly people I don't. That works kinda well for me, because IF the worst case scenario hits, I still have others to go back to.

Same here actually, it does help if someone is there who I already know since I can kinda show my personality to the other person through my interactions with my friend which will help my confidence if that makes any sense?

The only time I'm really confident in myself is when I'm out and that's usually under the influence of alcohol which isn't really a good permanent fix for this kind of thing. I don't dislike being introverted, I enjoy my personal space and feel relaxed that way. However, confidence issues is another thing entirely.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Same here actually, it does help if someone is there who I already know since I can kinda show my personality to the other person through my interactions with my friend which will help my confidence if that makes any sense?

The only time I'm really confident in myself is when I'm out and that's usually under the influence of alcohol which isn't really a good permanent fix for this kind of thing. I don't dislike being introverted, I enjoy my personal space and feel relaxed that way. However, confidence issues is another thing entirely.

Hah me too.
I get more open around people after I had some alcohol and it doesn't bother me much. I mean it's okay to me to have some drinks and loosen the mood a little if that helps.
But I also like being alone sometimes, it's not like I detest watching series alone or anything. It's actually cool. :3

Wire

I think what's most fascinating about introversion and extroversion is that they both exist on a spectrum. You can have a slight leaning toward one whilst still being the other, or you could be smack dab in the middle. Each person is on a different point of the spectrum. That is what fascinates me.

ImVentus

Awards
Sometimes I just like to hang around a fewer amount of people instead of a crowd. I have been an introvert in the past but I am still pretty much so but not as much as I used to be, more confident today. My main problem is that whenever I'm around like only a group of 2-4 people I don't really struggle to feel comfortable I mostly have fun and interacts in a discussion. However when I'm around a big company that I don't really feel comfortable with I become shy and in some cases clumsy. I guess I prefer to keep interactions simple and calm. I'm not usually the person who tries to start something to talk about. first I watch and learns then act.

Jochira

Awards
Sometimes I just like to hang around a fewer amount of people instead of a crowd. I have been an introvert in the past but I am still pretty much so but not as much as I used to be, more confident today. My main problem is that whenever I'm around like only a group of 2-4 people I don't really struggle to feel comfortable I mostly have fun and interacts in a discussion. However when I'm around a big company that I don't really feel comfortable with I become shy and in some cases clumsy. I guess I prefer to keep interactions simple and calm. I'm not usually the person who tries to start something to talk about. first I watch and learns then act.
*Simple and Clean

well, that's generally the case for most introverts that have learned how to deal with bigger groups, I still wanna give you a big hug for being 1 of those that actually have the courage to go past their comfort zone owo

ImVentus

Awards
Simple and Clean:smile: I see what you did there. Why thank you:smile: it's not always easy but it never hurts to try:wink:(hugs back). Oh you're from Sweden, cool me too!

Jochira

Awards
Simple and Clean:smile: I see what you did there. Why thank you:smile: it's not always easy but it never hurts to try:wink:(hugs back). Oh you're from Sweden, cool me too!
heh, I used to be silent af, unless I know the ppl quite well... not easy, but I used NärCon as a way to fix that, cuz ppl there share the same interests as me owo

ImVentus

Awards
That's one very good way to go where you can interact easier. I can definitely relate to not being much of a speaker myself. I started recording myself in order to listen to my own voice. Then I started to speak more than I used to when I finally realized that the thoughts in my head were all wrong and there was nothing wrong with my voice it was all just fear.

ImVentus

Awards
You know I'm kind of forcing myself to be more social since Im moving away and starting college this autumn.

Jochira

Awards
yeah, then it's needed owo

I, myself, had to fix it too, for my own future sake (which is now, for work purpose)

ImVentus

Awards
Right :tongue: how silly of me. I'm gonna haft to really have courage the first day on college a day when I will probably be very nervous.

AuroraX

Awards
Hello fellow Introverts...it is I, the lady who hath made this thread. Anyway, wanted to let you all know I'm alive and well, some family problems came up and kept me from getting on the thread. Hope all is well and that I haven't interrupted any conversation going on D:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hello fellow Introverts...it is I, the lady who hath made this thread. Anyway, wanted to let you all know I'm alive and well, some family problems came up and kept me from getting on the thread. Hope all is well and that I haven't interrupted any conversation going on D:

Glad to hear you're doing alright, if you ever want to talk then I'm here.

Back