• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introverts unite! (Separatly...in our own rooms, alone...)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AuroraX

Awards
I can hold a conversation if the other person carries it. I can't initiate worth a damn. It gets a lot easier with people I'm close to, but it's still exhausting.
It took a solid three weeks for me to say a word to any of my coworkers when I first started. Good times.
Sometimes it's actually pretty great, since when I finally do say something it's usually a pun that's so terrible it earns me friends.

I rarely ever initiate conversation. I'll only typically do it if someone has introduced me to said person or if the person seems shy. I know for shy people it's really hard at times to initiate conversations, so I try to make an effort for them. I tend to pop in on the discussions or kind of like, make a terrible pun and then make friends.

Oathkeyper97

So I totally had no idea that this thread existed, but I'm glad I know now! Introversion ftw! I found out I was an INTJ when we all took the test during high school. Good times.

Also, I just finished my first year of college last month. I started the year with a room all to myself by chance. I eventually got a roommate, but I totally could have chosen to not have one for the whole year if I wanted. So yeah, big mistake. It was rough, but I got by with a good GPA and got into the honor roll.

Oh, and there is a lot in this thread that resonates with me. Feels good. :)

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ Well, I'm glad you did good in your first year in College. Congrats on an Honar Roll! I'm usually an Honar Roll student. :) There's a lot of things we all have in common on the thread, so you're welcome anytime here! This thread does give a good feeling. :3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Guys I win. I am so introvert/shy, I can't even go to McDonald's myself and order something.

Chuuya

Awards
^ That describes me 100%!!!!! I always need someone to tell what my order is. I'm very shy especially when I have to ask anyone a question. xD

AuroraX

Awards
Guys I win. I am so introvert/shy, I can't even go to McDonald's myself and order something.

That was pretty much me up till recently. I feel for ya O.O

So I totally had no idea that this thread existed, but I'm glad I know now! Introversion ftw! I found out I was an INTJ when we all took the test during high school. Good times.

Also, I just finished my first year of college last month. I started the year with a room all to myself by chance. I eventually got a roommate, but I totally could have chosen to not have one for the whole year if I wanted. So yeah, big mistake. It was rough, but I got by with a good GPA and got into the honor roll.

Oh, and there is a lot in this thread that resonates with me. Feels good. :)

There's only one person in the entire world I would actually have as a roommate, but she's a fellow introvert so I know she'd leave me alone. :p Glad you were able to do well in your first year! I had a lot of "friends" during my last year of high school and I wish I could have gone back and redone it. :/ I mean I did pretty good since I graduated at 16, but I knew if I didn't have so many people in my life drawing my attention away, I could have done better.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I was avoiding this thread for the longest time. It's because I knew I might be introverted, but I didn't really have a good mentality nor energy to find out. I was right. I am more introverted, but by only a small margin. My personality type is INFJ.

16Personalities said:
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

Yes. You read that right. I am considered to be part of the 1%.

Chuuya

Awards
Fellow introverts, let's make a club (even though this already seems like one)!

AuroraX

Awards
This is a club we just don't tell anyone it is because people might want to join and hey, we don't want too many people hanging around. ;P

Laeril

Awards
^This exactly. Social interaction can be so draining, after all.

Though to be honest, I have been more willing to at least try to break out of my introvert shell by going to various events with other Mormon singles in the 18-31 range in the past several weeks. I don't want to be single forever, after all. Hopefully future husband will be understanding of my introverted-ness.

Chuuya

Awards
Guys, for the very first time, I actually ordered my meal at a restaurant lol. I was super quiet though, but the waitress heard me. xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aww, sweet.
I don't really like ordering stuff at those fresh food counters. First of all, I can't ever decide, and second, I JUST FEEL WEIRD GIVING THIS PERSON INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT TO DO.

Chuuya

Awards
Same with me at Subway. xD

Gamingdevotee

To be honest I am a little nervous posting this XD

I am not super introverted but I am very much one to keep to myself and not show my emotions easily. I tend to live in my head sometimes and I am very prone to feeling awkward and worrying about it. That is probably my biggest flaw over-thinking things XD.

Glad to see others in similar boats. And great job Howler! it takes a lot of courage to speak up and be heard. So even if you were quiet you still managed it :)

Chuuya

Awards
Thanks! It's okay to post, and it's completely normal to feel like that way. I feel awkward a lot in many situations too. Yes, I'm super shy and super quiet around people I don't know very well. xD

Gamingdevotee

Thanks! It's okay to post, and it's completely normal to feel like that way. I feel awkward a lot in many situations too. Yes, I'm super shy and super quiet around people I don't know very well. xD

Oh I get that totally. Being a bit quiet when around somebody you don't know is pretty normal too XD.

Well I guess shyness is very normal, so I think the best thing to do is not worry too much about it and just let things go how they are lol

Chuuya

Awards
Yeah, people think I'm adorable when I'm shy cause I literally hide behind someone which makes me even more shy lol. xD

Jochira

Awards
I forgot which type I was (yes, my memory sucks <w<), but i'm a natural introvert myself. I enjoy being with others, but if it gets too crowded or too many speaking at once, my battery quickly runs out. I do, of cuz, enjoy socializing with others, but it just feels like a pain, unless they feel comfy for me. Also, it's for this reason i'm more likely to play solo (or with randoms, if online), rather than with friends, unless asked. (yah, i'm not good at taking the initative, when doing or wanting to do stuffs with others or simply chat, unless I feel comfy enough to chat with them at ease)

or as I once said, some months ago... "The less, the merrier"

Back