• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introducing: Triple Triad!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
2czr7ky.png

What is Triple Triad?
Triple Triad is a card game in Final Fantasy VIII, designed by battle designer Hiroyuki Ito. It was not considered an essential part of the game, but more to provide a light relief to the storyline and allow the player to interact with minor characters in a different way. Triple Triad is played on a three-by-three (3x3) square grid of blank spaces, where cards will be placed as the game progresses. The cards depict various characters, monsters, and bosses from the game. The game remains very popular, with many free third-party internet versions currently thriving online.

KHInsider staff have also added a Kingdom Hearts flair to the game, so that fans of Kingdom Hearts can enjoy playing with their favorite monster and character designs!

I don't know how to play
Triple Triad Rules
Additionally, if you go to the Triple Triad hub, you can watch previous matches other people have played to observe what's happening. I personally recommend: Viewing Replay

What's the deal with KHInsider incorporating so many Final Fantasy elements?

• If the Kingdom Hearts series had a similar mini-game that could be easily incorporated into forums, we'd do it. But it doesn't and no one has created one.
  • We think that people were sick of Disney sing-a-longs so we took something from FF instead.
  • The currency in this system is called Munny, the Kingdom Hearts currency. (Read: Munny is funny.)
  • There are Kingdom Hearts cards! Go see for yourself! :D
Okay so how do I get started?
First you need to make some munny so you can buy cards! As time goes by there will be more card packs added. The more expensive the card pack, the higher then chance there is that you will get stronger or more rare cards.

Currently, you receive 5 munny per post and 20 munny per thread.

Once you have yourself some cards, you can either challenge AI who have a variety of difficulties, or challenge other members. During these matches you can set a variety of rules and procedures (such as the option of additional elemental boosts, or the ability to take your opponent's cards if you win).

What's this thread for?

A) To discuss triple triad on KHInsider in general. [Appreciation, bugs, glitches, how much fun you are or are not having, your personal experiences, brag about your cards, link to your match replays, etc]
B) To meet up people to challenge: this thread serves as a meet up thread if you are bored and you want to play a round with a person and not AI. This is highly recommended as you cannot start another battle until you've finished it. We also can't "prune" battles like in the Inferno.

What do I have to look forward to?
  • More cards are on the way!
  • More features from the creators of this system are on the way.
  • We currently have the "tournament" feature turned off, but we will turn it on soon, and we might just have some official tournaments coming up!
  • Thinking about giving awards out to specific players, we haven't decided for what exactly yet.

Credits:
DragonByte Technologies: Created the system.
Edman: He paid monies for this. (HE IS STEALING DONATIONS AND MOVING TO EDMANXICO!)
Shamdeo: Set entire thing up, made cards, etc.
Ken: Suggestions uguu~
Jeels: Monkey business.
Silh: Immoral support.
The entire KHInsider Staff

and~

KHI members! This is for you! :D

[video=youtube;F0m8-wZEuH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0m8-wZEuH8[/video]​

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;F0m8-wZEuH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0m8-wZEuH8[/video]

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
[video=youtube;7djNRwKuuBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djNRwKuuBw[/video]

t-t-t-t-t-time to duel

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I can tell...........

I could never get a hang of the awesome of TT in FF8 though...I almost always lost :l

Then I got better.

Callaghan

Awards
OMG! It's back! Yay! This was my fav thing to do on here xD Now I have to get good again haha.
Will it pretty much work like the old version? Looks like it so far...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Any chance we'll also see munny gained as part of winning in Triple Triad?

Back