• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

I disabled stampy because this new skin was meant to be an improvement of it. The new skin fixes a lot of the issues we had with stampy, both technical and aesthetic wise.
I preferred using stampy at school. Makes me feel less embarrassed to be on a kh site.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

I preferred using stampy at school. Makes me feel less embarrassed to be on a kh site.

Here's a fun idea: Don't log on at school! *U*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Here's a fun idea: Don't log on at school! *U*
hahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa no

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

okay then it's a personal issue and you shouldn't be so self conscious about it!
I'm not the only one though.

I like this forum skin, but I'd much rather use it at home and use stampy when out and about.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

I'm not the only one though.

I like this forum skin, but I'd much rather use it at home and use stampy when out and about.

If there is a legitimate/non-personal reason as to why stampy should stay available then I'll consider keeping it. I can't hold back the evolution of a forum skin because someone enjoys looking at the outdated version.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Also yes there is a new posts page but having a new posts section in the sidebar keeps things simple. Plus it only list the five most recent post every five minutes, not an entire page worth.

I disabled stampy because this new skin was meant to be an improvement of it. The new skin fixes a lot of the issues we had with stampy, both technical and aesthetic wise.

Stampy was fine aesthetically (because aesthetic is going to be based on either opinion anyway); technically I could see this version taking up more memory due to the sidebar + back to top arrow (which both should be on the right, or there should be an option to have it either on the left or right, at least). Stampy didn't have too much white next to a too hot blue that looked like someone didn't take a look at basic color theory. The blue should be darker to counter the white's ultra-brightness (which the white should be toned down a few shades), as in, the current scheme is impossible to directly look at because its burning into my corneas.

Showing the five most recent posts every five minutes in the extended sidebar is redundant seeing as when the average user isn't going to use that to go back to a thread except maybe one time a week, if that. It's much more simpler to just go back to User CP Subscribed Threads, or just click on the New Post up top to show them all, instead of just five.

Why not just use the extended sidebar for main site updates or tweets? It would help to coagulate the site and forum better.

EDIT: why don't notifications pop up in magical red for emphasis and so the user can see them

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If there is a legitimate/non-personal reason as to why stampy should stay available then I'll consider keeping it. I can't hold back the evolution of a forum skin because someone enjoys looking at the outdated version.
Didn't you temp. bring back CC because one user likes using a darker skin?

I like the theme a lot. i am using it right now at home and intend to use it for home, but there should also be an option for people who don't want to advertise they are visiting a KH forum.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Temporarily, yeah.
Good. I'm gonna use it so I don't feel awkward when out in public. I would use mobile, but I can't access the CP in there.

Sorry Jaxx, I love the new skin and all, but I'd much prefer stampy when out and about.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
technically I could see this version taking up more memory due to the sidebar + back to top arrow

You really don't know how these things work do you.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have to agree that Kingdom Hearts is a true guilty pleasure. It's much easier while browsing these forums at school or somewhere public, that instead of having people judging you behind you for liking something "childish like Kingdom Hearts", they can just think you're browsing any other forum and leave you alone.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to agree that Kingdom Hearts is a true guilty pleasure. It's much easier while browsing these forums at school or somewhere public, that instead of having people judging you behind you for liking something "childish like Kingdom Hearts", they can just think you're browsing any other forum and leave you alone.

We still have two more skins coming. Patience friend.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We still have two more skins coming. Patience friend.
So, even though one of those coming is a dark skin, the older one was added again temporarily for a person, whereas another person would prefer to use stampy but can't, not even temporarily?

I'm just trying to understand the situation here.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
What is the point of temporarily allowing Stampy when its replacement is already here?

CC is back temporarily because its replacement has not been released.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm just trying to understand the situation here.

I can appreciate that.

The difference is there are still alternate skins that are "discretion" proof to choose from. Before, clown college was the only dark skin, so it wouldn't be fair for it to disappear until the new dark skin was up.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Using CC after the new skin made me realize how messed up it actually is. I can't even see jcks post because of the huge-ass avatar.

So, new skin it is. And looking forward to the updated version of the darker themes.

Back