• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Re: Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

Stampy was fine aesthetically (because aesthetic is going to be based on either opinion anyway);

CAzCdqT.png

Me4kn0u.png

technically I could see this version taking up more memory due to the sidebar + back to top arrow (which both should be on the right, or there should be an option to have it either on the left or right, at least).

It's utilizing resources that are already present, so it doesn't take "more memory." The back to top button is using a jQuery script that doesn't take effect until the page has loaded, so that also does not affect load time.

Stampy didn't have too much white next to a too hot blue that looked like someone didn't take a look at basic color theory. The blue should be darker to counter the white's ultra-brightness (which the white should be toned down a few shades), as in, the current scheme is impossible to directly look at because its burning into my corneas.

Uh, no. Stampy had more white next to blue than this theme does. See below:

HIzsljq.png

Ikxqa4U.png

And the blue/white color combination is fine. Having a darker blue would increase the contrast between the two colors, which would hurt your eyes even more.

Although I agree staring at white late at night is annoying, so I'm changing the white to the off grey that's on the main site.

Showing the five most recent posts every five minutes in the extended sidebar is redundant seeing as when the average user isn't going to use that to go back to a thread except maybe one time a week, if that.

Did you conduct a study on this? Where is the evidence?

It's much more simpler to just go back to User CP Subscribed Threads, or just click on the New Post up top to show them all, instead of just five.

The point isn't to see all of them, it's to see the five most recent in the past five minutes. Also it's not simpler, you have to go through a series of steps to do so whereas with the sidebar it's potentially one click away.

Why not just use the extended sidebar for main site updates or tweets? It would help to coagulate the site and forum better.

I did say that I'm working on expanding this in the future. For now I just have a default module that seems relevant.

Didn't you temp. bring back CC because one user likes using a darker skin?

I like the theme a lot. i am using it right now at home and intend to use it for home, but there should also be an option for people who don't want to advertise they are visiting a KH forum.

Hmm I wasn't expecting anyone to miss it that much because of the problems but I can understand why you'd want it. I'll turn it back on until I get the new dark skin up and running.

OK I know there's been more posts since I started working on this so now I'm going to have to edit it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Can't expect people to read on a forum.

I'm also allowed to express my opinions, even if someone doesn't like or agree with them, jeels.

EDIT: thanks for being nice about it at least jaxx :3

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm also allowed to express my opinions, even if someone doesn't like or agree with them, jeels.

EDIT: thanks for being nice about it at least jaxx :3

I completely appreciate your opinion. But what I was talking about had nothing to do with opinions.

This is extremely ironic because my post was about reading what others say.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Good job with the themes Jaxx!

Do you think you can make the notifications turn red when there's notifications present?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Yup, that is one of the current tasks I'm working on now. I'll be posting updates to changes I've made based on everyones feedback in this thread.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

Visitor Messages are unreadable on Forest Gump without requiring highlighting lol.

Edit: On the same skin, there is also a mere slight variation between Platinum members and Regulars user color.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

Don't make the notifications red.

no.

Visitor Messages are unreadable on Forest Gump without requiring highlighting lol.

Unfortunately that I can't change. It's a user set option that overrides any styles I try to apply to it. You'll have to change the settings yourself on the customize profile widget located on your user profile page.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Idk how much can be done about it, but it didn't start happening until after the change. I noticed it last night, but it didn't seem like much of an issue to me before seeing it happen with a staff-sized avatar lol.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Idk how much can be done about it, but it didn't start happening until after the change. I noticed it last night, but it didn't seem like much of an issue to me before seeing it happen with a staff-sized avatar lol.

Interesting, I'll keep tabs on this too. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for pointing that out, I must have skipped over it. Looking forward to CC's replacement though.

I've temporarily restored CC until the new replacement comes in.

***UPDATE***

The featured stories section from the main site has now been added to the forum homepage.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This happened once, and then I refreshed and it was fine but there might be something?????
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
That was my fault. I had some conflicting styles that I forgot to take out, shouldn't happen again.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is really sleek and modern *u* You really outdid yourself this time! And the featured content is a spectacular addition~

If there's anything negative I have to say it's in the footer? It feels very cluttered. The overlain KH3D images are very nice though!

Edit: Also not sure if it's an issue on my part, but the footer disappeared on me in Fluid o____O

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
This is really sleek and modern *u* You really outdid yourself this time! And the featured content is a spectacular addition~

If there's anything negative I have to say it's in the footer? It feels very cluttered. The overlain KH3D images are very nice though!

Edit: Also not sure if it's an issue on my part, but the footer disappeared on me in Fluid o____O

That was also my fault with conflicting styles ._. shouldn't happen again.

As for the footer I took a screen shot of a version without the character art, I'll need some opinions on this before I move forward with replacing it:

imgur: the simple image sharer

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
thanks for making my dreams come true

[video=youtube;1R9hwGOObqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R9hwGOObqs[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

TestTestTestSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler

Edit: Seems like the second spoiler-tag (the one with the "s" at the end) is still visible instead of being blacked out.

Back