• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Into The Woods - *rips shirt* "AGONY!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;sNVGDZHRJXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNVGDZHRJXM[/video]

“Into the Woods” is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Jack and the Beanstalk (Daniel Huttlestone), and Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy)—all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife (James Corden & Emily Blunt), their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch (Meryl Streep) who has put a curse on them.

Rob Marshall, the talented filmmaker behind the Academy Award®-winning musical “Chicago” and Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” helms the film, which is based on the Tony®-winning original musical by James Lapine, who also penned the screenplay, and legendary composer Stephen Sondheim, who provides the music and lyrics. Produced by Marshall, John DeLuca, “Wicked” producer Marc Platt and Callum McDougall.

Starring Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick and Chris Pine, “Into the Woods” is a humorous and heartfelt musical that follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel—all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.

It will release Christmas Day in the United States. (The trailer above is the Australian one)

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Re: Into The Woods - "I wish..."

I don't know about this. On the one hand, there's been so many classic retellings already--from Fables to Grim to Once Upon A Time--that I don't see how original this can be. On the other, and if I'm understanding this right, this is meshing all the plots together? Interesting. It can turn out bad if this is handled poorly, but for now I'm keeping my eye on this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know about this. On the one hand, there's been so many classic retellings already--from Fables to Grim to Once Upon A Time--that I don't see how original this can be. On the other, and if I'm understanding this right, this is meshing all the plots together? Interesting. It can turn out bad if this is handled poorly, but for now I'm keeping my eye on this.

It's based on a highly acclaimed Broadway musical. That doesn't mean the film can't be bad, but it's a story that has been around for years so there isn't much they can do to screw it up besides having terrible acting or over-doing it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

It's based on a highly acclaimed Broadway musical. That doesn't mean the film can't be bad, but it's a story that has been around for years so there isn't much they can do to screw it up besides having terrible acting or over-doing it.

I HOPE it won't end up being bad because of the names attached to it. But it's good that they're putting a twist on these tales though, because by now everybody knows about them. But since Maleficent, I've learned not to judge movies by their trailers, and Malificent was the first thing that came to mind while I was watching it.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

When I was in high school the drama club put on this play and I actually really liked seeing it. The story works really well. As a movie I see it working even better since more complex sets and CGI will bring it to life even more. The actors all seem to be pretty good, so I can't see them screwing this up at all unless they decided to change up the plot in some major way, which I doubt they'll do. I'm excited for this!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, I don't see any reason to have any doubts about this unless they seriously dropped the ball and there is no way that is happening.

The fact that the man who directed Chicago is directing this film already has be hyped. (Also Chris Pine because god what a handsome man)

nxtgarnett5

I feel like we shouldn't judge based on the trailer, but idk people, I just don't exactly have the best feeling when it comes to this one. I'll probably see it eventually, but I'll go in with low expectations.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Yeah, I don't see any reason to have any doubts about this unless they seriously dropped the ball and there is no way that is happening.

The fact that the man who directed Chicago is directing this film already has be hyped. (Also Chris Pine because god what a handsome man)

After the disappointment that was Maleficent, I just want at least one Disney live-action film to be a critical success. I think the last one I remember was Enchanted or something?

wolfshadow

Into the Woods

So just finished watching this rather surprisingly well written movie. And have to say it was worth the 2 hours.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Into the Woods

So just finished watching this rather surprisingly well written movie. And have to say it was worth the 2 hours.

I mean...I said this before in this thread but there was no way they could have screwed it up since it was a highly-acclaimed broadway musical already.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
This film was seriously boring. It was long winded and just meh.

Honestly the only part I liked was Agony.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
There was a point where it should've ended and I would have thought "Hey, that was pretty neat.", but no, it kept going on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back