• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

interview with nomura about KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kh3

heres the interview with nomura talking about kh3.. read if you havent SEEN it .. SO DONT BE A FAG

In the last scene in the ending, they received a letter from the king. I'm quite curious to what's written in it.
I was troubled for a very long time on whether I should show the letter's contents or not, and in the end I decided to let people speculate it themselves. You can guess what's in the letter by looking at those three's facial expressions: Sora looking at it blankly, Riku smirking and Kairi looking slightly worried. If it was just a "Hello, it's been awhile", they would be smiling instead so at least it's hinted it is not that kind of simple letter. Actually, it was planned to have a little more scene to it and by watching it you could tell what's in the letter. I might be able to show that scene when I get the chance to.

After the ending, there's a secret movie this time, too. What exactly is the movie trying to tell?
I actually have a solid idea on what the movie's setting will be in my head. In the previous game's secret movie, I wasn't even sure if I would be making a sequel or not, so some parts of it were quite vague. But this time I already have an idea my head where I think "This is it."

Did that scene happen in the future or in the past?
I would at least say it's an episode in the past, but.... Hmm, how should I say this? It's in the past but you can also think it's in the future, something like that.

Who are the 3 armoured people?
Those 3 are completely new people who haven't shown up at all. In fact, I've already thought of their names. Back when I was making that movie, I only had their settings but now I've even drawn their faces to give myself a clearer image of them.

The king, Sora and Riku's keyblades were there, too.
It's to show that those three armoured people aren't them but that doesn't mean they don't have connections. The words "Keyblade War" that showed up in the middle were to implicate that there were fights between Keyblades. Most of the puzzles in the first KH have been solved in KHII but there are many things about the Keyblade that haven't been revealed yet. A line from the previous game's Ansem Report #8 appeared in the movie but that is to say "It means this but it's not explained yet."

Does that mean you already have a plot for KHIII?
Hmm... I have an idea but it can't be helped because my team are planning to work on our next different title. So we're not working on KHIII now and we're not planning to work on it for some time, too. I have a plot in my head but I'm not sure if it'll be released to the world or just stay in there.

Well then, is there a possibility for a Final Mix version to be released like the previous game's?
Actually, I wasn't planning for KHII to have a Final Mix. In beginning of the project, I wanted to have the English voices inserted, too, but the disc space was almost full and the recording of the English voices got delayed so that plan couldn't be realized. Compared to FF, there's a high demand for the English version of "Kingdom Hearts". I assume it's because there are many fans who came in through KH:FM so it felt quite weird to play KHII in Japanese when they played the previous game in English. Thanks to KH:FM selling very well, many fans think the English voices are meant for "Kingdom Hearts" so right now I'm in the middle of wondering what to do about Final Mix.

Seems like many gamers are hoping there will be many extras besides the English voices if Final Mix is ever released.
If I were to make it, I'll have to answer to that demand and I shouldn't put it at the same level as the previous game's. But more things have been done for KHII compared to the first KH so I'm troubled on how to make the 'tuning' for Final Mix. We still have to think how to solve the disc space problem, too.

Since it's you after all, Nomura-san, you probably already started thinking of some plans for Final Mix, right?
In fact, I've prepared a very big trump card for it but I can't say what it is yet. It's something to look forward to if I'm able to make it. (laugh) Besides that, I regret not putting the mushroom Heartless in KHII. In the beginning of the project, I had new ideas that I wanted to use for the mushroom Heartless but it was too grand that it would take a lot of time to make so it got cut out. And the result is that not even one mushroom got inserted. A staff kept saying "Something's missing. Something's missing. Oh yeah, there's no mushroom!" (laugh) If we can make a Final Mix, I would like to add the mushrooms in.

By the way, you seem to be working on the international version now; are you adding anything extra in that?
Nope, not much. We're making the North American version in 3 months so localizing(translating) it is pretty much the only thing we can do. After that there's the European version, so if I were to work on Final Mix, it'll have to be after that.

If that really happens, then that means the different title you're planning to work on will be slightly delayed to be worked on.
Well, there are ways to go around it. I already started thinking on that title's plot and character by myself. That title is hidden inside FFVII:AC in a surprising manner, by the way. (laugh)

K

kh3

k i just said dont be a fag by saying its old i said read for the ppl that havent read it ..

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
kh3 freakin cut it out with the kh3 threads....damn it's getting really annoying...we get it that you are pumped about kh3..but you dont have to come out with 27 threads every two minutes about it....cause it's not gonna be out for a while....we'll get all the news during e3 in 5 days

K

kh3

actuallyt its more like every 15 mins and like 2 a day but nt though

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
SoraXOblivion said:
kh3 freakin cut it out with the kh3 threads....damn it's getting really annoying...we get it that you are pumped about kh3..but you dont have to come out with 27 threads every two minutes about it....cause it's not gonna be out for a while....we'll get all the news during e3 in 5 days
Couldnt have said it better myself.....well I could have just in a nicer way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back