• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Internet on 98 being faster than on laptop. HELP WANTED. x.x

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Just recently, I got a new laptop with Windows Vista. For a while the internet was going just as fast as it does on my Windows 98 computer. However, recently my internet on the Vista has been severely lagging. I recently checked with the 98 to see if it was perhaps a service issue, but it turns out that my internet is still quite fast on the old computer.

That said, is there a problem with my computer? Firefox on 98 and Firefox on Vista seem to be moving at vastly different speeds.

Could anyone tell me what the problem is? And, if possible, is there a way to fix this?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Vista uses a lot of graphical processes, if your Laptop isn't...well...good, then just having Vista on it will eat up a lot of processes and your computer in general may be slow =\ Firefox also happens to be the most processor heavy browser there is, example:

n6vuv5.png

.:Mega:.

Awards
Hm, that makes sense, although I just find it strange, since last week firefox AND IE were running as fast as they do on my 98, and now they've fallen to a near-dialup speed.

That said, is there a way to cut down on the processes and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back