• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Internet Explorer 9

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
So what with the new-spangled amaze-balls adverts for IE9 I thought I'd give it a try. Currently I'm using Chrome which I find much more friendly than Firefox (and much faster, too). Chrome also has the most attractive, clean interface and now I'm on IE while its interface is bare-bones and uncluttered it's really ugly. I know it's a web browser but it shouldn't look so terrible it distracts you from what you're using the browser to do in the first place.

Anyway, so are any of you with IE9 and what are your experiences? What other browsers do you use? How do they fare in comparison to IE9? Is IE9 even worth sticking with?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I uses all 4 Major ones... but honeltly i really only use Chrome and Firefox...

How i Rank them
1. Firefox (for Customization and it fast enough... Though its not necessarily the fastest. In My personal expierence it handles HTML5 and Flash Video better then Chrome)

2. Chrome (Fastest Browser that i have used pluse the intergration with android.... but it seem to be more of a RAM hog than Firefox...)

3. IE - Kinda sluggish, Kinda Ugly, Kinda not worth using......

4. Safari - Safari has alway been meh to me and it still is...

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I use IE, and I'm perfectly happy with it - think it's pretty awesome.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I only use IE, why would I waste money on another browser?

Chrome is free, along with Firefox, and I think Opera.

I use Chrome, and I love it. Some ad-blocking extensions installed, which sit at the top-right of the browser, out of sight. It's amazing and I wouldn't even consider trying another browser.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
If I had to rate the main web browsers in terms of efficiency and overall use, I'd say

Chrome > Opera > Safari > Firefox > IE

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Luckily for me, I can't even use IE since Microsoft no longer supports Macintosh systems. Then there is my family desktop PC, but I hate IE on that since it still manages to freeze even after updates so I just use Chrome.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
We use IE at work and it's just horrendous; IE is so laggy/slow and unattractive. Chrome is my main browser at home and I'm totally satisfied with it.

DropDistance

I mainly use chrome because it's the fastest of the 4. Firefox is a close second, then IE, then Safari. The only thing I can find bad about chrome is that the Flash crashes constantly unless you disable another flash file. IE is just too slow for me

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm running with Firefox because I'm more familiar with how to tweak it for better performance, and it's generally a little more stable than Chrome, which I only really use when visiting some imageboards that Firefox doesn't have a featured add-on for.

Villen

Opera, then Chrome/Chromium if you don't want google peeking at you. IE since forever and Firefox since 2 are really horrendous.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I'm running with Firefox because I'm more familiar with how to tweak it for better performance, and it's generally a little more stable than Chrome, which I only really use when visiting some imageboards that Firefox doesn't have a featured add-on for.

There is no way to tweak Firefox to make it better for your performance than Chrome. Firefox can start taking up to 1 GB+ of RAM based on how much you customize it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
In terms of browsing and loading performance you can. Switch up stuff on about:config and Firefox has consistently been at least as fast as Chrome if not faster in some areas like video loading.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
yeah i prefer firefox too it treats me good like a beautiful delicious pizza

i don't hate chrome or anything but idk i just can't ever seem to stick with it

also (unless this has changed recently) it gets really ram intensive when i open a lot of tabs which is something that i do pretty compulsively and i just can't have that i cAN'T

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Welp, I used IE for years and then my sister introduced me to Firefox. I kinda didn't want to try, already content with IE, but I did. I didn't like it that much.

So, hearing about the greatness of Chrome, I downloaded and was mindblown by the speed. Until I figured out it crashed a ton. IDK if it's just my computer, but especially when Chrome needed to use Adobe Flash (for Youtube, ads I didn't even want to see, etc...) it would freeze and I could never use YT and was afraid to go on pages with ads. I troubleshooted everything, looked up online on how to fix it, made sure everything was updated (Chrome and Flash), but to no avail.

So, I gave up with Chrome and gave Firefox another try. Now it's the browser I've used for the past three years or so. I love it. :D

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
I switched from IE to Firefox a couple years back.

Then eventually I switched to Chrome.

Personally, I seem to have a more enjoyable experience with Chrome. I find it easier to use and doesn't really require much tweaking or add ons other than a couple ad blocks and if you're all up on privacy they have add ons for that too.

tl;dr Chrome is my favorite. I don't like IE at all.

P.S I dunno if I'm lucky, but out off all my time spent browsing, Chrome has crashed the LEAST for me, even in situations where it "should" quite frequently. In fact YT and pages with ads (before I had adblock) never crash when I use Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back