• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Internet cafe?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jone Marley

My cousin is thinking about opening an internet cafe and he's asking me to help him fund it. Problem is I don't know much about that kind of business as I've rarely been to one, if ever. We'll be visiting some of these shops in our area just to get the feel.
We're listing stuff that we're going to need. Any ideas, suggestions, advice? Do they use credit card machines in internet cafes? What sort of computer specs should we get?

redcrown

Awards
dude, it's 2016, not 2002. Every cafe you go to is already essentially already an internet cafe. People have there own laptops and smartphones that go on the internet for them, they wouldn't choose to use a public computer over that.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I kind of see the same "problem" as redcrown. Is it really worth it in 2016 to open a café specifially for using the Internet? Every café has internet by now - heck, some supermarkets in my area have W-lan. SUPERMARKETS!
So it's really hard to help on this one. It sounds a little outdated to me. :/

Jone Marley

Well, for people who don't have their own laptops or if they wrecked it, they'd look for an internet cafe won't they? And not everyone likes working on their smartphones or tablets. And there are some games that you can play only on desktop. Even in countries as advance as South Korea and Japan, they have internet cafes. In fact, we just scouted the cafes in our area and they make decent profit. From what the owner told us, not all people can afford computers that can handle gaming so they go to internet cafes for that.

Anyway, I saw that they use credit card machines as well. Any ideas which credit card machines are reliable?

D

Deleted member 36435

not consulting a diddlying kingdom hearts forum for business advice would be a good jumping off point

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I agree with Victor on this one, you're looking for advice in the wrong place if you're looking to start a business.

Well, for people who don't have their own laptops or if they wrecked it, they'd look for an internet cafe won't they?

^ It'd be smarter for people to go to a library, which is free and it'd make a lot more sense than an internet cafe. Depending on the area you're looking to fund an internet cafe, I can tell you right now, a small town will not keep your business going. I've seen it done in my own town and it shut down within the year. Honestly, you also got to ask yourself if, you can compete with other places that offer free wifi and how to keep people coming into your internet cafe.

And again, you're looking in the wrong place to be asking about credit card machines. You're better off asking the owner you spoke to about that, since they seem reliable enough to you to go to in the first place. And I've shared my two cents.

I'm not sure there's much else users like us on the forum can share with you than this. Therefore, I'll be shutting this down now, because someone in their thirties shouldn't be asking a forum full of mid twenty and younger people questions such as these. And if you have a problem with it, feel free to contact me via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back