• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Internet a Fantasy World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Same with my dad. Not everything on internet is true. I mean there are stuff that are true and then there's other stuff that's false. I know something that's false on the internet but I'm not gonna say it. It's something conflicting that's all I'll say and I believe that but yeah, that's about it about that. To me Internet is like my great escape when I hate the real world. So I do get when somebody says that the internet is like a fantasy world and all. Some places I go to, don't feel like that but otherwise, other places, make me feel that way. It's kind of like an illusion for me but nevertheless, I like it. I guess.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
That's how parents are, very cruel T.T

I say that since most adults aren't in touch with the internet, well at the least early generation Xr's aren't.
Example, I try to get a webcam for my msn chat, my friend showed me what she looked like and I wanted to do the same.
I ask my dad if we can head off to target or any other store to get one, but my mom convinces him to say no.

Once they get home they go off with some short sided rant about the troubles of having one?
What am I 4? Jesus I know the troubles of it and it would only be of use on msn, it's not like I'm giving information to chat rooms to where I am and shit. It's rediculous, it came to the point where I had to sneak one, no not stealing but I had to buy it and other things to convince them I didn't buy one. And when I did get it the webcam was a piece of crap :mad:.

All in all your dad, no, most parents out there don't really trust there kids enough on the web.
Yes there are dangers to the internet but if your responsible enough you'll stay away from it.

And the interenet for the most part IS a fantasy.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
If all of this is a fantasy, then does that mean that all of my friends here are computer generated? I know I'm not.
I know there are dangers, but we are all actual people are we not? I don't see any of you as a fantasy, but as a human being. Am I wrong? If not, then how is the internet a fantasy when we are just using a different means of communication?

Danica Syer

Well not in that sense. There are real people working behind forums and all. But yes, there are people who use alias and etc. There are also people who don't tell you the truth on the internet as well. So it can be an arena of lies as well. Not to mention, I know there are real people on the internet, all around. Like the world, it can be a big place and all. lol.

T

Tyler Durden

The internet is another aspect of life, that the older folks aren't used to.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
It's not a fantasy, but it is certainly removed from reality, and the source of much fabrication.

Generally speaking, older people pay more heed to the stories you hear about internet paedophiles etc due to concern for their children, and thus your dad's statement is likely to be highly exaggerated.

T

tazztig

My dad just got upset with me because I wanted to show him a picture and said that anything on the internet was a fantasy. What do you think about that? IS the internet a fantasy world?

Parts of the internet is fantasy, that is if trying to get through something.>>

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I do not exist.
I am an internet bot made simply for the purpose of confusing you to no end.
oh just go and watch serial experiments lain already..
lol, mindf***
The internet is another aspect of life, that the older folks aren't used to.
truth
It's not a fantasy, but it is certainly removed from reality, and the source of much fabrication.

Generally speaking, older people pay more heed to the stories you hear about internet paedophiles etc due to concern for their children, and thus your dad's statement is likely to be highly exaggerated.
truth

My dad is the same way. He's very skeptical about anything on the internet, and prefers not to use it when possible.
See, if it's in a book, he'll trust it.
But if it's on the internet, then he's wary of its credibility.
I guess some people belonging to the older generations just don't give the internet the benefit of the doubt.

Danica Syer

You can lie on the phone and in a letter too, so does that mean that they are fantasy worlds too? You can also lie in real life, so is that also a fantasy world? You can lie anywhere.

I don't think you were getting with what I was trying to say. I was saying there's false information here and there and it can be everywhere. Not just the internet. -_-

Axel_FODF

i agree that parents dont give their kids enough trust or respect to make their own decisions on right or wrong. We know wat is safe and what isnt now dont we???

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
i agree that parents dont give their kids enough trust or respect to make their own decisions on right or wrong. We know wat is safe and what isnt now dont we???

Honestly, they don't have an effin' clue that we can keep ourselves safe.

Internet is lies.

You're all pedos.

FLEEEEEEEEEE

Yay jailbait wut lol?

Anyhow;

Enchanted Rose said:

I see it from a different point of view. I see the realm that is the internet more realistic then most things in our life. It enables us to move forward with technology and allows living so much more easier. There is always going to be dangers, that's just human nature. But to call it a fantasy world, is quite absurd.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
How can you say it's fantasy if it's right infront of you? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back