• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting things in the manga and novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hmmm, might be because Sign got hers from Imgur and I got mine straight from the site. I'll imgur it in a second.

mOs0wKJ.jpg

ywOQz11.jpg

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I am such a softie. UGH! I literally teared up when I read these pages.

rydgeadaysbf1_zpsfd7c8d7f.jpg

rydgeadaysbf2_zpsf4f8de9a.jpg

Look at the expression in their eyes! (Bless you, Shiro Amano.) Can you feel it? Can you see their hearts growing? ;A;

burned.toast

"Deep inside that castle in the world that never was, Zexion was heading for a small room. From ahead of him, a lone man’s footsteps rang out as he dashed noisily down the stairs.

“Zexion! Zexion!”

The man–Vexen, was calling out to Zexion.

“What is the matter? Please don’t be so noisy,” Zexion answered coldly.

Zexion didn’t really like this man, who was at times loud and exaggerated.

Liking and hating are emotions we lost when we became nobodies, but memories from our time as humans remain. Yes, since I was a human I’ve hated this man. But, because of his research, there is also reason for respect."
From the novels.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
Does anyone know why the Manga for I and II completely skip over Port Royal and Halloween Town?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Does anyone know why the Manga for I and II completely skip over Port Royal and Halloween Town?

The entire manga series tends to skip whole worlds, but I think they just do that to "trim the fat". Since KH is a video game series then a lot of the areas/worlds you visit tend to be mostly for gameplay purposes. KH2 in particular didn't integrate the Disney worlds all that well into the story so a lot of them you can completely remove without consequence. The manga also somewhat just does its own thing, introducing new concepts, as well as omitting stuff.

Basically, it's just to make the story run smother because it's a completely different medium with a completely different pacing.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
The entire manga series tends to skip whole worlds, but I think they just do that to "trim the fat". Since KH is a video game series then a lot of the areas/worlds you visit tend to be mostly for gameplay purposes. KH2 in particular didn't integrate the Disney worlds all that well into the story so a lot of them you can completely remove without consequence. The manga also somewhat just does its own thing, introducing new concepts, as well as omitting stuff.

Basically, it's just to make the story run smother because it's a completely different medium with a completely different pacing.

Hmmmm.... Well. It just seemed rather unfair in 1 that every world beside Halloween Town got at least a Little story, including Mainly Optional/Unimportant Olympus Coliseum and Monstro, yet HT got nothing.

Port Royal was my favorite KH2 world, so that annoyed me as well.

Thanks.

blksabbath74

Well said...

So now that I (I mean, my daughter, ahem) owns all the currently published Kingdom Hearts Novels (and have 358/2 v3 preordered, withn the awesome Axel cover) does anyone have any information on forthcoming manga fron Yen Press?

I'd really like BBS and DDD in Manga format...

Hmmmm.... Well. It just seemed rather unfair in 1 that every world beside Halloween Town got at least a Little story, including Mainly Optional/Unimportant Olympus Coliseum and Monstro, yet HT got nothing.

Thanks.

I agree it sucks they weren't included.

You can pick up a used copy of the Nightmare Before Christmas Manga on Amazon for one penny (plus $3.99 shipping).
Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas (Manga): Tim Burton: 9780786838493: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Awards
Well said...

So now that I (I mean, my daughter, ahem) owns all the currently published Kingdom Hearts Novels (and have 358/2 v3 preordered, withn the awesome Axel cover) does anyone have any information on forthcoming manga fron Yen Press?

Thanks~

I don't keep up with the information on the manga in depth, but the KH2 manga isn't complete and I think it'll be finished soon? Last I checked, the last volume to come out in Japan featured some of the latter worlds in KH2. I wouldn't expect BbS and 3D anytime soon though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Amano also has to work under a tight schedule to get this stuff out. He's really good at compacting the game's story while maintaining the integrity of it AND making it enjoyable and funny. Even so, I doubt he ever really sleeps because he's stuck drawing. People fail to understand the struggles of a mangaka who get very little free time.

We don't even have a good estimate of when the KH2 manga will end. We're close, but until then we'll have to wait and see. It is assumed he'd make them, but he's also started a new series so who knows.

Ruran

Awards

Thanks.

There were only two worlds left out of the first series: Halloween Town and Deep Jungle. There are legal issues that probably prevented Deep Jungle from being included, but Halloween Town not being there does seem strange.

*shrugs*

We were never given a reason for it but perhaps they faced legal issues as well. Or time constraints. The chapters are published in a monthly magazine so they have to come out in a timely manner. Looking through my old Tokyo Pop versions of the manga, I noticed that as the books progress they cram more and more worlds in, but they get increasingly shorter. imo, I think they were just pressed for time and had to cut something. Why HT, idk.

You're welcome~

blksabbath74

Thanks~

I don't keep up with the information on the manga in depth, but the KH2 manga isn't complete and I think it'll be finished soon? Last I checked, the last volume to come out in Japan featured some of the latter worlds in KH2. I wouldn't expect BbS and 3D anytime soon though.

You'd think it would make good marketing sense to crank out the final KH2 volume, as well as BBS and DDD before KH3 comes out.

Also, while I'm enjoying 358/2 more than the game, I'm not really sure how or why they settled on basing a manga on that before they'd do BBS, which is a truel prequel, or DDD, which at least acts as a bridge in the same way that CoM bridged KH1 and KH2.

Those both seem much more important to the story.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
You'd think it would make good marketing sense to crank out the final KH2 volume, as well as BBS and DDD before KH3 comes out.
It can only be drawn so quickly.

Also, while I'm enjoying 358/2 more than the game, I'm not really sure how or why they settled on basing a manga on that before they'd do BBS, which is a truel prequel, or DDD, which at least acts as a bridge in the same way that CoM bridged KH1 and KH2.

Days came out before BBS and DDD did. The Days manga started after the games release and once it finished, Amano went back to finish KH2. We're all hoping that BBS and DDD are next.

Ruran

Awards

As Spoke pointed out, the life of a manga ka is hard. Amano can only do so much, especially with a series that isn't finished.

Amano puts out the series as the games come out. Days came out before BbS so he started the Days manga first. He already postponed the KH2 manga for a really long time to do Days, I reckon because it chronologically came first.

Edit: ninja'd

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That was one of the things I didn't really understand anyways. Why didn't Amano finish KH2 first and then started with Days?

I think it is without question that KH 2 was released first and holds more importance storywise than Days.

Back