• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting things in the manga and novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I have a soft spot for scenes like this... I found one that I consider to almost be more depressing.
(Please delete this post immediately if the lack of permission is offensive, lycorismoon29)

tumblr_mjxwxecn0F1r4y9ujo2_250.jpg
This thread is open to anyone who wants to point out particular parts of the manga that they found enjoyable or interesting. You need not ask permission to post here!

the one thing i didn't like about the com manga was how much more light-hearted it was. given how dark com actually was it didn't really fit.
I haven't read the CoM manga, but Zephyr showed me one scene with Namine wrapped in thorns which was really creepy. I can't for the life of me find a scan though.

Zul

Awards
Yeah, there's less censorship in the Manga as well, Xion out of the tube-thing and all. It just has more of...everything in it, it has more intense serious moments, and more comical moments.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This thread is open to anyone who wants to point out particular parts of the manga that they found enjoyable or interesting. You need not ask permission to post here!

I haven't read the CoM manga, but Zephyr showed me one scene with Namine wrapped in thorns which was really creepy. I can't for the life of me find a scan though.

Was it this one?

khmanga4.khcom04.jpg

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, there's less censorship in the Manga as well, Xion in the tube-thing and all. It just has more of...everything in it, it has more intense serious moments, and more comical moments.
Having viewed the linked page, I didnt even see a reason to call it censorship.

Zul

Awards
Having viewed the linked page, I didnt even see a reason to call it censorship.
I'm saying I feel Disney wouldn't allow that in the KH games. They even had Xigbar not combine his guns because of sniper attacks that happened around the time KH2 was released. So yes, I'd still say the manga is less "censored", or at least tame, than the games. Also I wasn't referring to the linked page in particular.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^that was more because the game was rated teen.

Anyway i was just saying my pov. I know disney wouldnt necessarily agree. I just find some things absurd. The lighting far subdues the need in my eyes, but anyway im not complaining.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Less censorship is right!
Disney would NEVER let them by like this in the games!

I...don't get how that is less censorship? OH. The "shit" thing. That's just one way to translate "くそ" (kuso) which can be translated as "damn" or "diddly" but the scanalation translator went with "shit". Thinking we'll see "damn" in the Yen Press version.

Cursing isn't a problem for Disney. Cursing is a problem for ESRB and CERO and PEGI and whatever Aussieland uses. ESRB and CERO are probably one of the two strictest rating systems.

Of course Disney has a family-friendly image to uphold, but they have plenty of films where there was cursing, suggestive behavior and violence. That is not the problem when it comes to censorship in the game series. The problem is keeping the game within the rating they wish the game to be to reach the target audience, and when the ESRB or CERO ask for something changed or removed from a game, it is either the developers choice to do so or let the rating board up the rating which can sometimes hurt sales.

Anyways.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Anybody thinks it is weird that Axel managed to convince Captain Hook to get rid of his treasure? Or, even Axel talking Captain Hook in general? I mean, in the game, he pretty much tried to blow Roxas and Axel out of the sky, because he thought they were Heartless.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Would have brought the original plot and the Disney worlds closer together.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yep, and we get to see a little of comedy between Axel and Roxas before they head back. Axel really sees Roxas as a little brother, right? Anybody think the manga is better than the game?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yep, and we get to see a little of comedy between Axel and Roxas before they head back. Axel really sees Roxas as a little brother, right? Anybody think the manga is better than the game?

With Days? Definitely, without a doubt, better than the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Did Axel just imply that Hook and Smee are gay for each other?

Back