• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interest check: Dune RP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argenteus

Anyone here read Frank Herbert's Dune series? And want to RP on it?
I figure there are mainly three ways we could do this:

I. Takes place at the end of Chapterhouse: Dune and reimagines the events after it as an alternative to Brian Herbert's sequels.

II. Takes place at the end of Sandworms of Dune, the second of Brian Herbert's two sequels. He left plenty to imagine the future, but not everyone who's read the Dune series read or, if they did, liked Brian's sequels. Personally, though Frank's were far better IMO, I thought Brian's sequels were at least OK.

III. Something out in The Scattering. This leaves the most up to our imaginations, but also would have far fewer familiar elements.

So who's in? I'll put the thread in the cannon RPs section if I find some interest.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'd love to do something Dune-based, but I doubt that many people here have read even the first book, let alone beyond it. People who've never read or appreciated Dune won't be drawn to it as a canon roleplay, so it might be a better idea to do something in the spirit of Dune, but as an original roleplay.

Argenteus

I guess your right. I was hoping more people had read the series. Out of curiosity and in case more people are interested, which of the 3 ideas would you be more inclined to RP along?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
All of these rely on knowledge of books I haven't read. My experience with Dune only goes as far as the first novel, and I know that Wikipedia summaries and synopses wouldn't do the ideas at play justice for the books you'd be spring-boarding off of.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
If anything it would be simpler to work off in the spirit of the original Dune, because that is more than likely to have been read by most here, etc, as opposed to the sequel novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back