• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inspiration

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Some people are lucky enough to find inspiration in everything they come across; others find it entirely in themselves and they're even luckier; but far too many of us simply can't find am inspiration that matches our burning desire to create, and we end up not creating anything at all. This is a thread to help members of this community in a creative block, and prophylaxis for those of us who aren't.

So, creative people -- musicians, writers, artists, photographers, dancers, and everyone in between -- what inspires you?

metrifyx

I pretty much always have inspiration, but what gets me even more inspired is music. As long as there's music playing I've got this inexorable energy, and hundreds of ideas just start swarming around in my head. I can't explain why, but I can't listen to music without coming up with something. I'm not really inspired by lyrics, though; sometimes, but not unfailingly like music itself. It's actually kind of strenuous, having so many ideas but not nearly enough time to see all of them through.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Music is what usually gets me inspired. The lyrics or even just the beat of the music gets me into this state where I can come up with lots of ideas based on the music. Also reading other people's writing and looking at their art can give me lots of ideas and gets me to work harder. Getting inspired by events in my life sometimes happens too.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Music, pictures, movies,and people usually inspire me. Usually listening to a certain song about something gets me inspired to do something similar of what the song was talking about. Also looking at pictures inspires me and I get a rush of ideas and things to do.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Music is what usually inspires me. If that doesn't work, I like going out for a walk and really paying attention to everything that's going on around me. Especially birds, just watching and listening to them at different times of the day can really bring different kinds of emotions and thoughts. Night time is also really great, since there are so many different things to observe like the night sky, all of the different insect sounds, fireflies, people still playing outside, and the dumb mosquitoes, too I guess.

Ace.

Banned
Every thing in life, I guess. I've gotten inspiration from conversations, pictures, books and articles. I even once made a character based off of someone I saw walking down a street :smile:

Sparks

gone
The places I go to. Last week I went on a camping trip to Grand Teton National Park, and I was so inspired just by the landscape. I was so happy that I brought my laptop with me. Also, where I live is pretty remote, so at night if I can't sleep, I just go out and watch the stars. I can see so many. I am insprired from my emotions also. If I write something about scenery that day, and someone that I knew became deathly ill, it would be alot more depressed writing, symbolizing pain. If I'm enjoying something, then I'm definetly going to be writing more cheerful things with a more silly mood.
958451-Leeks_Marina_Jackson_Lake-Grand_Teton_National_Park.jpg

amazing <3

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
When I'm slicing this one fella's jugular I get inspired and build a treehouse and then I want to build an even bigger tree and the same with the house and golly gee my house burned down so now let's go burn down another orphanage. :3

And then there's the annoying NPC to give you just enough reason to go on a murderous rampage. Don't worry, I'll donate two million gold to the temple and we'll be square, despite all my atrocities. Money really solves everything, sad as that statement is.

After all that, I begin to scribble. Usually listen to certain songs if RPish.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Although many people are inspired by music, I'm more visual. Concept art really gets my creativity flowing, both for the characters and landscapes I write about; and when I play the piano, imagining an image that captures the essence of the piece (e.g. the White Materia falling for Aerith's Theme) helps me out the emotion in it.

For those interested, CoolVibe - Digital Art, Wallpapers, Inspiration is a great site for art of most persuasions, and concept ships if you're more sci-fi inclined.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
basically, music and pictures but im one of those people who cant find inspiration as easily as others. i listen to songs and i still cant do stuff. it's aggravating, especially on tight schedules.

For those interested, CoolVibe - Digital Art, Wallpapers, Inspiration is a great site for art of most persuasions, and concept ships if you're more sci-fi inclined.
now that's awesome. others' works also inspire me. sometimes i try to copy their piece but deviate as much as i can to create a sense of originality.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There is a universe inside everyone. I just take a good look inside and let the vastness of the human identity inspire me.

Kinda cheesy and weird, but it's true.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
If music inspires other artists, than what inspires musicians?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I also get inspired by watching people interact. So much more is revealed in the subtext and tones of a conversation than the ideas themselves. You learn about power levels, about personalities, about interests, priorities, goals, and fears. You also learn about the private world of each conversationalist and the relationship that forms when those worlds collide.

Or maybe I'm just a creep.

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#
My inspirations come from music (especially instrumental music), the stories I read, my dreams, the occasional and short conversations (which theme is mostly about life and love) that I have with my dad and my friends, and when I reflect on certain memories or scenes that I've seen or experienced or when I play out a scenario which could have happened instead of what had actually happened.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's concepts and fiction that get my creative juices flowing - thinking about how I'd act, what I'd change, what little things could make this world so much better or worse, and what is it that has led to all of this? Provide me with any deep-enough setting, and my creative juices can get flowing thinking of possibilities for it, which have come to affect my own imaginative process. A game like The World Ends With You is probably the most ideal example for me in terms of a piece of fiction that really got me thinking about the presented world.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
My emotions inspire me to write most of my lyrics. If I feel very strongly about something, I write about it. Sometimes I get ideas when listening to other artists. But sometimes it's the smallest thing really that inspires me. Like when I'm having a conversation with a friend and they say something crazy, or when I'm watching an anime and there's a line that jumps out at me, I'll take that idea and expand on it. Sometimes the expression on a person's face gives me inspiration as well, if there's something interesting about it. And then sometimes I'll just look at something, and a completely unrelated thought will come to mind, and I'll use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back