• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Insomnia

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

WHY CAN'T I SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

So, for the past few days I can't fall to sleep until like 1:00am. I'm usually asleep by 10 but now I'm not even tired.

any tips or tricks?

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Depends on how you normally fall asleep. T.V. on or off. That or just burn out your energy by doing something pretty much pointless (circling the house lol)

Watch a bad movie, that usually knocks'em dead.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I have the same problem. This is usually induced by KHI though...

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
wow so many people I know are having this problem it's kind of scary. I would suggest taking some nightquil or one of those sleep pill and you you're not a big fan of medicine do it the old school way and count sheep!

Hope this helps. I strongly suggest a sleeping pill or something.

D

Deleted member 36435

I am unable to take medicines that put me to sleep due to a pre-existing medical condition.

but, I usually just go to bed. I just go lay down and I'll fall asleep. :/

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I have a really fucked up sleeping schedule, but music and other mind clearing activities help get me to sleep more quickly. I'm not the kind of guy that can just walk into bed and sleep.

D

Deleted member 36435

I attempted my mind relaxing activities.
Listened to some tunes. Made a quick and easy signature. Blew some heads off in TF2. Read a bit.
D:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I would type my suggestions but that would be a pain as im on my psp. For now l'd say check that other recent thread about the same prob. I forgot whose thread it is. I think CFs.

S

Shadow Soldier

Hmm.. trouble sleeping... a quick heel to the temple might work. A bat to the back of the head... or my personal favorite, a bullet to the brain.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Shows how shoddy my brain is right now.

Okay, well, try something more comedy-based.

I really don't have anything else except jacking off but that's the worst way to get a dependency.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Ctrl+V from what I wrote in Candy Fair's thread:

Well maybe you do need professional help but in the meantime, I can offer some home remedies that may help you a little.

You may want to drink some hot/warm drinks before you sleep such as teas (without caffeine of course). Chamomile is good and helps relax. A little nutmeg doesn't hurt either. You could try drinking some warm milk with nutmeg.

You may also want to look into natural supplements such as Melatonin.

Try being active as much as possible during the day. Exercise a little at least once a day if possible.

Some breathing methods may help also, you might want to do some research on that.

Also you may want to cut out eating anything heavy especially closer to the time you sleep.

Hopefully those tips may help. There are a few other things I can't think of right now, but I'll come back later if I can think of them.

Oh, I thought I should mention, that if it is a pattern where you can't sleep and you lay in bed a long time and can't sleep, it is sometimes recommended that you get out of bed after 20 mins of not sleeping and do something. This way your brain doesn't see a pattern of "oh the bed and laying down is to stay awake". If you stay in bed and cant sleep and do that constantly, your brain will think that it is normal, and it will be harder for you to sleep. So it's suggested that maybe 20 mins you can't sleep and you have been in bed, get up and get active with something, such as reading, standing, or just walking around for a little and then try again.

Note: insomnia is a very very common thing. To add to that, there are very common and useful remedies.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
khi needs to sort out their sleeping problems. as far as i know, most people i know in real life gets to sleep without any bother.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I have a really fucked up sleeping schedule, but music and other mind clearing activities help get me to sleep more quickly. I'm not the kind of guy that can just walk into bed and sleep.

Pretty much this, this is what I did to combat my insomnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back