• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Insecurity Issues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
Well, look at this way, it's not another girl problem.

Anyway, I have been having some Insecurity as of late. I just don't have the confidence that I can do anything. I try (Lord knows I do), but I come up on the short end of the stick.

Everytime one of my friends bring up something and I say can't do it, I get that "insecure" word thrown at me. It's not that I have some hidden talent. I'm really not good at anything. That's the insecurity talking, I know. I could throw out a list of examples to what I do at my school that I'm not very good at. Ok, maybe I'm not so good at summing this up, but you guys understand, right?

Does anybody have anyways of ridding myself of insecurity?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Having more confidence within yourself?

Everyone is good at something, so do that to build up your self esteem. Also remember your own capabilities; everyone has a set limit so don't go over board as to what you think you can do.

D

Deleted member 74488

I had this last year; Me and my friends tried some things to help eachother. For example; out of nowhere call your friend something that makes her feel happier and arrange for her to do the same thing for you at least 3 times a day. It helped...

Also, you can read books on these things which trust me, amazing works.

Or come to calculations like;

Horrible At Math; Will wreck future career
Horrible At Math; Someone Famous or A Idol To You.

Hope it helps :D

C

coolfresh1224

just look at your friends u hav friends thus there must be somthin good about ya

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
One thing you can do is sit down and compose a list, make three separate columns and make one for things you are not good at (example: sports, math), make one for things that you are "ok" at (example: Science, drawing), and make one for things that you are really good at (example: writing, Literature); make sure that you are honest with yourself and don't focus on comparing yourself to others abilities in the area or what others have said about he area, afterwords compare the items, you will probably find that you are very good at a lot of things, and don't think of the list as being complete tape it to your wall and add things as you think of them. and be creative, it doesn't have to be something academic, it can be that you are a really loyal person, or that you are truthful, don't limit yourself.

S

Shadow Soldier

Here's a pro-tip:

Practice makes perfect. You won't know you're good at something until you try it. If you fail, go at it again. Not everybody is born to be perfect at everything, except Michael Jordan of course, but that's different.

Rabello

Just turn that shit in to narsism.

"It's not that I can't, it's just that I don't want to."

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Well this might be corny but I heard it helps. Looks at yourself in the mirror and well start smiling. lol you just enjoy yourself and have a good time live the life you want. Oh, and when you look at yourself in the mirror, don't ask yourself: do I look good today? say to yourself (aloud if you have to): I look good today!!!

hope this helps :]

Princess of KH

insecurity - been there, done that, a few years ago.
you need to realize that something is affecting you negatively - something's causing your insecurity. it didn't come out of nowhere. try to determine what that is. once you know, it'll be easier to deal with it.
here's how to combat it:
focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. don't look at yourself & think "i'm bad at _____. why can't i be good at ____. or i wish i looked different", or whatver else comes to your mind. focus on what you are good at, what you like about yourself, and what you like about your appearance.

it doesn't matter what other ppl say. don't think that you need to be the way other ppl tell you to be. don't be them - be yourself. live's SO much funner that way. trust me, i know. don't be embarrrassed about things you may like that aren't popular. be proud of who you are. there's not a single person exactly the same as you on the face of the planet - that's something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back