• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Input Lag on PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The benefits of releasing a demo a month before release is so they can hear about stuff like this and tweak it, so we should be good if they're listening to feedback. Although it IS sorta funny how it's the PS4 version that has issues and not the Switch version, the one where most people thought it wouldn't run as well. 😂

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
it's interesting because yesterday on the subreddit almost all the complaints about input lag i saw were about the switch version.

personally i haven't experienced any input lag on either switch or ps4 so idk

NoWay

Awards
Ok, in the PS4 version I only managed to get a C or D rating at best. Now on my first try in the switch version I did an A+ in Hand in Hand and an A in Wave of Darkness.
The game feels more fluid than the PS4 version.

AegisXIII

Awards
Ok, in the PS4 version I only managed to get a C or D rating at best. Now on my first try in the switch version I did an A+ in Hand in Hand and an A in Wave of Darkness.
The game feels more fluid than the PS4 version.
And now try to play it in streaming with the ps app on your smartphone. :LOL:

NoWay

Awards
I tried the PS4 version again and my results were much better. Maybe I was just really bad last time.😅

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I played the demo again. Does anyone have issues with gliding? Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I just went through The Rustling Forest twice and gliding is really inconsistent. Once I glided through all the notes no problem, second time I couldn't even get a glide going, yet I was doing the same thing as last time. I was not wireless doing this either.

For me it seems the lag is when enemies or objects are so close together. I legit hit the triangle button to Thunder aerial enemies but it didn't register on one run but did on another. The demo is still a lot of fun but I'll keep saying this, I hope they fix it. Scoring high is tough when fighting the lag.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
idk Spocks works great on my machine. i have never experienced a single error in any kingdom hearts game so frankly-- I think people are making all of them up. My experience reigns supreme

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
how dare you are you saying I need to get good?

not only am I saying that, but honestly? you're sowing seeds of doubt in the gamers of KHinsider about the quality of this game.

I think you need to take some time away from this site and figure some stuff out before you ever do something like this again.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I still have instances where button prompts fail for no explicit reason (I play Performer Proud Mode exclusively), PS4 Pro Wired DS4 Controller on a 1ms response time ASUS monitor, so idk for sure. I know part of it is user error, but at the same time I have yet to see any pro rhythm players upload Wave of Darkness 1 PPM Full Chain or any All Rainbow Excellent videos so maybe there is some truth to this input lag mystery?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
not only am I saying that, but honestly? you're sowing seeds of doubt in the gamers of KHinsider about the quality of this game.

I think you need to take some time away from this site and figure some stuff out before you ever do something like this again.

giphy.gif

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Still experimenting. The Rustling Forest seems to have the worst glide for me. Hand in hand, Wave of Darkness 1, and Wonderland's aren't 100% reliable either but I seem to be able to glide easier in those songs opposed to The Rustling Forest glide sections.

I've also been watching the screens more. There is input lag for sure on my end. I'm running a PS4 Slim so maybe it's not as powerful as say a PS4 Pro, but I just watched hitting at the right time and nothing happened. This can happen in any of the songs. It's not that frequent but makes scoring higher then a B near impossible. I've only scored a A+ once and nearly all the button inputs went in, can't replicate it though.

the red monster

Awards
I've also been watching the screens more. There is input lag for sure on my end. I'm running a PS4 Slim so maybe it's not as powerful as say a PS4 Pro,
Ah i don't think so. the game is nowhere near heavy enough to have difference between the consoles, other than resolution.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Something constantly fails for me when I have to push all three buttons. Poor Goofy is always being knocked back.
Same. But I don’t think it’s input lag. It’s probably when you press a button half a second slower than the others. At least, that’s what I think.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've been messing with the input on the main menu, sometimes it's good sometimes it's not. I haven't found the right combination where the input is perfect though. I did discover if you go on the - side and enemies are bunched together and you are attacking while also needing to jump, Sora will not jump, take all the damage and when all the enemies are cleared every button you push will cause Sora to jump randomly for a few seconds before returning to normal. This happens on Wave of Darkness 1's final stretch and can really screw you over. Doesn't seem to ever happen on the + input side so I at least know which direction I should go.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Attached ds4 to micro usb and can consistently A+ WoD1 Performer Proud (the final stretch isn't in tune with the music, which leads to bad inputs). Input lag still exists but isn't anywhere near as zevere over bt comms

Ashton69

Awards
There are many variables in play, but in my experience the Switch and its games have had way more input delay than PS4. Thankfully you can go into the config and adjust the timing of the music to account for lag.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Just played it and it's amazingly good. Especially for fans. I do not feel input lag, rather inputs not being taken into account, especially triangle attacks.
I feel you. I feel like I can do Wave of Darkness if the inputs go in. Have you had in trouble with Gliding? It's my greatest enemy in the demo.

Last edited:

Cumguardian69

Awards
One tip I have is for you to alternate attack between X/R1/L1. While this input mystery is definitely real, we have to remember that PS4 has digital triggers, not analog. They are either pressed or not pressed, there is no half. So it could be that you have "pressed" the button but fatigue has you not press it all the way, but the PS4 does not distinguish between not pressed and half pressed.

I A+++'d WoD Proud Performer this morning, literally 3 off from a full chain I was kicking myself

Back