• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Input Lag on PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, I tried the demo on both my Switch and PS4 and I found there is a significant amount of input lag on the PS4 compared to the Switch.

Have you guys experienced this as well?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I thought maybe I was just doing to slow or timing was off, but there were moments in the demo where I swore I hit the notes on time but still got hit. I only have PS4, and don't have the Switch so I can't compare. But I also had some issues with gliding. Sometimes I won't stay in the air when jumping even though I'm holding circle. I don't know if that is a issue or just my bad timing. if the Switch doesn't have these problems then I hope Square is alerted to this and patch the final game before release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought maybe I was just doing to slow or timing was off, but there were moments in the demo where I swore I hit the notes on time but still got hit. I only have PS4, and don't have the Switch so I can't compare. But I also had some issues with gliding. Sometimes I won't stay in the air when jumping even though I'm holding circle. I don't know if that is a issue or just my bad timing. if the Switch doesn't have these problems then I hope Square is alerted to this and patch the final game before release.

I experienced the same thing where I would press the button but it wouldn’t read the input at all. It’s really frustrating.

Yeah, this isn’t a problem at all on the Switch when you go wired or handheld. I think the lag comes in when you play wireless. Switch is not too great but it is still responsive compared to the PS4 which just doesn’t even acknowledge certain inputs at all sometimes.

I agree. I’m hoping this is just a demo issue.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hmm, next time I play I'll try playing with the wire on, so use to wireless controller lol. Hopefully this won't be a problem for the actual game.

Henryp

Awards
I got a lot of problems with the imput even menuing. I think the demo is not well optimized, sometimes X or O just doesnt respond when menuing and going back to title screen. I dont know if that happened to anyone else. It is not the controller as it works perfectly outside of the game.

In my own experience, R1 es way more responsive than X, although that could be controller in this case.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I tried messing around with the input lag in the Config menu and while I managed to make it play a bit better, it is still really...not good. I might need to play around with the settings more to see if I can get it exactly right.

I got a lot of problems with the imput even menuing. I think the demo is not well optimized, sometimes X or O just doesnt respond when menuing and going back to title screen. I dont know if that happened to anyone else. It is not the controller as it works perfectly outside of the game.

In my own experience, R1 es way more responsive than X, although that could be controller in this case.

No, I had the same experience. R1 responded more frequently than X. Even on the Switch version I experienced it once or twice but not nearly as much as I did with the PS4.

2 quid is good

Awards
I did see a noticeable lag but blamed it on my own playstyle, and started pressing prompts earlier than I would do which kinda rectified the problem. But so many people are talking about it that I'm more inclined to believe the lag was the issue rather than me

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'll have to try the R1 button tomorrow and see if that's better then X. Again, I hope they fix this for the real game in November. I really love the look and style of the game, and I would hate for it to be held back by this lag issue. The game's still playable, (at least on Beginner) but hard to do perfect runs if you have a issue like this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Something constantly fails for me when I have to push all three buttons. Poor Goofy is always being knocked back.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, this isn’t a problem at all on the Switch when you go wired or handheld. I think the lag comes in when you play wireless. Switch is not too great but it is still responsive compared to the PS4 which just doesn’t even acknowledge certain inputs at all sometimes.
So that's why I can only hit flying enemies in handheld.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I haven't had any issues so far. I'm usually pretty keen to notice missed inputs or lag (especially in a rhythm game) but it's been solid for me.

Could be a number of things causing that issue. Display lag (rectified with the timing config), or a problem with the controller.
It could even be user error you aren't recognizing (not to say you're just bad at the game or anything)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't had any issues so far. I'm usually pretty keen to notice missed inputs or lag (especially in a rhythm game) but it's been solid for me.

Could be a number of things causing that issue. Display lag (rectified with the timing config), or a problem with the controller.
It could even be user error you aren't recognizing (not to say you're just bad at the game or anything)

No, because I do great on the Switch. My TV is also set to cut out input lag when I play multiplayer games. I’ve never had this problem in any other game, and I don’t have this issue in other rhythm games either. I know when I suck and will readily admit it (P4D on PS4 and Ice Cream Beat in BBSFM) but this isn’t one of those times especially when I can get A+++ on my Switch on a song easy but flub it on PS4 and only get a B.

A lot of people are talking about this on Twitter too so I know it isn’t just me playing bad. One person used one of those 3rd party controller hack devices on their PS4 and used a DS3 instead which gave them better input time, so I think this is specifically an issue with PS4 DS4s in wireless mode.

I do need to mess around with the display lag settings more but something is off...

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
A lot of people are talking about this on Twitter too so I know it isn’t just me playing bad. One person used one of those 3rd party controller hack devices on their PS4 and used a DS3 instead which gave them better input time, so I think this is specifically an issue with PS4 DS4s in wireless mode.
That's strange then that I'm not experiencing any issues.
I wonder if console model makes a difference, or maybe launch DS4s vs later batches

Cumguardian69

Awards
Thank you so much for making this thread. I thought I was going crazy. failing many button prompts that I know I got at least first tier excellent if not rainbow excellent on. failed like 5 full chain proud mode WoD1 attempts because PS4 says NO for no reason.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I thought I was the only once who noticed it. On my Switch, it feels more accurate but on PS4, I've missed notes I shouldn't be. Weird...

NoWay

Awards
I had the same problem on my PS4 Pro. I’m
gonna try the Switch version next. If the gameplay experience feels better I will consider buying the Switch version instead of the PS4 version.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm gonna give it another shot with a wired ps4 controller and see if that offsets anything, otherwise I'll have to do my pre prompt presses for all time xD

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh oh. This doesn't sound good. Hopefully, the testers will catch it before release.

Back