• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inheritance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soki

I'm probably not the only one who likes these books, if it wasn't for that almost weeklong stay in the hospital i would have never thought twice about reading these books. Now I absoultely love these books although they are a little skimpy on action and eldest skipped around between characters.

hooded_twilight0

Yeah I love the books, but who else thought that the movie sucked ultra nads? when I saw it with my friends a little girl actually started to cry at the end (like an omg this sucks I'm upset kinda cry not a oh no its over and now I'm sad cry). anyway the books are great I love the story and the plot twists, it makes me curious what will happen next.(why did Murtaugh have to turn evil? he was my favorite) can't wait till the third one.

T

Tyler Durden

I didn't like Eldest at all.

Eragon is good, but not the best.

I don't care if he's only fifteen; he could write better.

Zceith

I think that Eldest was a liitle better written than Eragon, but now he has to stick to that prophecy he made in the first one... I bet he hates himself for putting a limiter on himself like that.

soki

And that's your opinion, one oether reason i didn't like eldest that much is the fact that eragon turned into a complete vegetarian p****

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Eldest dragged on too long. Eragon was admittedly far better. Hopefully Book III redeems the series.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Eragon was the best but ya the 2nd was too long and kept bringing eveything back up and its like we've heard it already. but the 3rd needs to hurry up and come out

soki

You do realize how long it takes to actually write a book, edit it multiple times, begin printing copies and scheduling a realease date.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
i think pendragon is good but not better.to me they're both tied.

i like eldest better cuz it goes farther into the story and every.eragon was just introduing everything.

its been a while since the second one came out.the third one better have rumors that its comin out soon.lol

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
You do realize how long it takes to actually write a book, edit it multiple times, begin printing copies and scheduling a realease date.

Just battling writer's block is the hardest part for me. Unless I can get it under control, my asperations of becoming a writer are going to be a major flop. Eragon was good, the movie was horrible, and I haven't read Eldest yet; but I do hope it's not as bad as you people say it is.

~ Dream

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Why does everyone compare the movies to the books. Worst thing anyone could do is compare it to the original. I saw the movie before I read it and I though it was the best dragon movie since Dragonheart. Saphira was equally as good as Draco, though Sean Connery can never be surpassed as the voice of Draco. The story was a quick hasty at times but never the less entertaining. The effects and the action wasn't all that bad. Jeremy Irons certainly did pull up the acting all in all it was great.

Now, I've recently bought Eragon and Eldest. Right now I'm halfway through Eragon. Pageturner up to this point. Sometimes rushed IMO, but never the less a great book. Intresting characters to boot.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I'm not saying that it was a total flop; I put off watching the movie until I had read the book, otherwise I think I would have enjoyed it more. I'm the same way about the Harry Potter movies; they're no where near as good as the books. But it's just who I am; if I really enjoy a book, then I am going to be critical about how they do the movie takes on said books.

What really dissapointed me about the movie of Eragon is that it was only an hour and a half long, so they took alot out of it. They could have let it be a little longer; the Harry Potter movies are around two and a half to three hours each and there's still alot of stuff missing from them! I'm just saying, that if they had let the movie be a little longer, then it could have been even better; though to be fair, it was a good movie in it's own rights. It's the same thing with KH2; I really feel that there could have been alot more in the plot if they had just done another disk. But that's a completly different subject.

rikubaka67

Awards
I agree with Eternal Dream. With Lord of the Rings, the movies were about 3 hours long, and each book was shorter than the Inheritance books, and they still left out a lot. If I were them, I'd have made the movie longer. I wonder how much Christopher Paolini was involved with the making of the movie?

does anyone know anything about the release date of the third book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back