• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Info about KHIII's "home" ..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
from kh-2.net

According to an interview with Square Enix's senior VP Michihiro Sasaki, Square-Enix just might not put the successor to Kingdom Hearts on a Sony console. This is pure speculation at the moment, but it would seem Square-Enix doesn't have full confidence in the PS3 as they did for the PS2 and are now thinking about putting some of their main franchises on a system that's not made by Sony.

As of right now, they don't know which console the next Kingdom Hearts installment will be on, but it's pretty much up in the air whether or not the next KH title will be on PS3 or on the Wii. The 360 can almost be considered out of the question, but if you feel like it, now might be a good time to make some bets on where the next KH title will land a few years from now. Note that the next Dragon Quest game (DQ IX) has yet to receive a specific console either, so perhaps the Wii will be getting way more from Square-Enix than they did on the Gamecube. Link below.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3875&Itemid=2

UPDATE: In today's wall street journal in the marketplace section, the front page article, "Problems for Playstation 3 could bring other sony setbacks," the senior vp of SE Sasaki is quoted as saying that they have devoted 2 SE titles to each next gen console and they are still undecided on which console will get the KH franchise, most likely between Wii or ps3.

It should be noted that he said SE isn't likely to favor any consoles this coming generation, due in part to sony's woes, hence the 2 SE titles for each of the next gen consoles.

In addition, the article suggests a rather rocky picture for ps3s future. And also, for the Wii fans out there, the article is very pro-wii and even goes onto say that wii will, essentially, prove all the early skeptics wrong. Many 'industry experts' are cited to understate their point (ps3 trouble ahead, wii60 on the rise).

(updated by SieferMaster)

info from Kh-2.net

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Interesting...

At least most people won't have to empty out 600 dollars from there pockets for the next KH. I wouldn't mind the Wii. Maybe it would be better.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Ha, and you all said I was crazy! You all said 'Squenix lurvez soneh!1!1!11 Wii iz sux n squeenix noez dey iz suk', well who's laughing now, muahahaha! >=D

KH3 would own on the Nintendo Wii

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
I would prefer PS3 though.. :( FFXIII and FFVsXIII will be on it too..the graphics and the features of KHIII on PS3 would be amazing.... nothing is decided yet...
At least if PS3 wont get KHIII ,wii will, not 360.

Relik

Oh well, not like it matters anyway since i'll be buying both anyway. Why would it shock people if KH jumped to another platform? Both companies (Sqaure and Enix) got their starts thanks to Nintendo, so if anything it'll be like a home coming for them.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Id buy both, but Im very... disappointed if it goes to Wii nonetheless.

Reason? the controller. Sure its fun to use, but think about it!! After 10 battles... you're not gonna want to continue... Going crazy with your arms... tiring...

Nope, gimme a PS3 version. Graphics are finally breath taking this way, controls are perfect (dont say they arent, you know they are) and you can also make a little bit use of tilt sensor, hahaha.

Last but not least, Sony totally stole the show at TGS. I doubt the PS3 would do "bad" this next generation.

BlaZinbritt11588

NO. definetley not......keep it on sony products AT LEAST..... i had no intention of buying the "wii", or anything else nintendo related.....dont get me wrong, i got mad love for nintendo, but for the kh series? naa.

onyxrhapsody87

I'm one of the few that think KH wouldn't look all that great in high def... I think the style used in the PS2 suites it well... This is good news to me because I'm going to college and all I can afford is a Wii... I'm hoping square enix supports the wii more than they did with the gamecube...

demonick

Texas. Plus those other, 49, lesser states.
I don't know. The only thing that worries me about this possibility is the Wii controller.

Now, if nintendo offers an optional controller— the standard type of controller you see right now— then I don't think I'd have an issue with it.

Personally, I'd love to see KH make the jump all the way to Nintendo. ANd it's not like KH hasn't been on Nintendo before— Chain of Memories? S-E obviously has some confidence into Nintendo.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I wouldn't mind if KHIII came to the Wii. Then I wouldn't have to bankrupt myself $600 poorer.
I was going to buy the Wii in the first place. I'm more into fun. Not $600 graphics.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
@demonick: Some? Lol, they are great partners. Although Sony has a better relationship with S-E.

I dont see it happening. Spinoff, yes, but KH3? Nah.

AxelRoxas

It would be cool if it came to Wii, but it wouldn't be very fun..

The whole KH feeling would kinda go away if they don't make a alternate controller or something.. =P

Ooo, what if they made a multilayer mode were you fight with Wii controllers! XD

Link up, (2 Wii's, 2 screens) and fight eachother XDXDXDXD
That would be fun... but it'll still take the KH feeling away ><

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Id buy both, but Im very... disappointed if it goes to Wii nonetheless.

Reason? the controller. Sure its fun to use, but think about it!! After 10 battles... you're not gonna want to continue... Going crazy with your arms... tiring...

Nope, gimme a PS3 version. Graphics are finally breath taking this way, controls are perfect (dont say they arent, you know they are) and you can also make a little bit use of tilt sensor, hahaha.

Last but not least, Sony totally stole the show at TGS. I doubt the PS3 would do "bad" this next generation.

For once, New2Ya, I kinda sorta, agree with you. :blink: Why Wii?! Dont get me wrong, Wii is a good console and will sell well, but, why Wii?! If SE wanted it to sell good, they should put it on 360 and maybe PS3. Your arm is going to get pretty damn tired after swinging that thing around like New2Ya said. Crap. The only next gen system im going to have is 360, and maybe down the road a PS3. And one of the main reason for wanting a PS3 is R&C 5 and KH 3. This is very bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back