• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► inFamous: The Beginning of Tyranny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
*ahem* As some people know that next month is inFamous: Second Son and I'm one to enjoy the series, so I would like to show my appreciation for the series by writing my story out here. Now, I'm not one to ramble around here, so without further introduction that I present you to my story that is called:

inFamous: The Beginning of Tyranny

~Prologue~

Pain.

That was the only thing Mimic felt when he woke up, his body wracking with pain as he slowly got up to view around his surroundings.Which was not much to tell except for cars flipped over, streets utterly destroyed by some powerful monster and the members of his team unconcious. All except for one: Metalio. With a grunt, he was able to get up but not fully erect as he was drained of energy and required more of it, which can be found by a nearby transformer about one block down.

Sighing, Mimic checked on his team members before starting for the transformer only to hear the roar and scream of a blood-thirsty monster, and Metalio not too far away from the transformer. He ran down toward the street and started to turn when he heard the creaking of an building wall coming down on him. He looked up to see the heavy wall falling and managed to jump out of the way at the last second, the wall landing down with a loud crash; he breathed a sigh of relief for a brief moment before turning his head to the left, only to witness the monster known as Behemoth holding his powerhouse member of the team, Metalio, by his throat.

"How in the hell can he do that?!" Mimic thought to himself as Metalio is struggling to break loose from the grip of Behemoth. "How does it come to this? Everything is about to be gone.. Gone, no thanks to THEM. Who has created this very monster! And it's my fault for not realizing the truth before then.." With seeping anger within himself that he never knew he had, Mimic, with what strength he had left, raised his arms and lifted his hands up to the sky and summoned a huge bolt of lightning toward the Behemoth. As his arms and hands came down to his waist, lightning filled the sky and covered the streets of Archville in the shape of a ball and exploded.

As this is happening, Mimic thought to himself: "I wish I had gone back to the beginning when I first discovered my powers and just faced THEM already..." as he was covered in white and blue, his eyes closed from the brightness of the bolt of lightning he brought forth, thinking of the day he first discovered his powers and how it changed everything.

###

I would like to hear some comments on this before I post the first chapter.. :D

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Aside from some grammatical errors, the story itself has me intrigued. It's very fast paced, and I can't wait to see what's next. :3 As I said though, the main problem you have is things like "...when he heard the creaking of AN building wall..." as opposed to "a". But I have seen far worse; at least it's understandable. I can't wait for the next part (which I assume is flashing back to said beginning?). :)

Roxie1563

Awards
Aside from some grammatical errors, the story itself has me intrigued. It's very fast paced, and I can't wait to see what's next. :3 As I said though, the main problem you have is things like "...when he heard the creaking of AN building wall..." as opposed to "a". But I have seen far worse; at least it's understandable. I can't wait for the next part (which I assume is flashing back to said beginning?). :)

Yes, the first chapter will be the beginning of Daniel's birth to his powers for a bit; After that, we'll move on to the next character and that would be Alyssa Jones. :)

I'm glad I got some comments on here.. Now I can process, knowing someone like my story thus far. :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd really like to know more about "THEM". It's really exciting to see some action, especially Metalio struggling in midair. I wonder what the aftermath will be? Since Mimic and Metalio are fighting for their lives. I can't wait to see what the first chapter has in store for us! :D

And I wouldn't sweat the grammar issues all that much, because this isn't expected to be a novel or absolutely flawless. Just write for fun, and have a good time, writing what you like. You can always go back later to fix those minor errors, and there aren't a lot of them. [I feel like people often forget that a lot, when reading a story these days; worrying over grammar too much.]

Roxie1563

Awards
All right, without any futher ado, here's Chapter one of Infamous: The Beginning of Tyranny! :)

~Chapter One~

The bright yellow sun shone warmly upon Daniel's face as he laid on the bench that was used for sun-bathing, but in this case, it was used for taking a nap. With an contending sigh and a smile upon his face, he knew he was in for a good day in New Marsis despite the grief that brought him and his fellow classemates when their only two chaperones (their teacher and the bus driver) died due to the R.F.I blast that took most of those super-powered people called 'Conduits' and the realization they were pretty much trapped in New Marsis with few money reserved for food, hotel and whatever the students brought for gifts as to remember the trip and memories had been made. Not to mention, none of them can drive the massive bus that brought them to New Marsis..

"Hey, Boyscout!" One of the cheer-leading girl screamed at Daniel as he winched and rubbed his ear from being shouted at, knowing his good day had just become bad when the girl, her hands at her waist, arrived to let him know there's a problem. Plus he hated being called 'boyscout' for that title didn't belong to him.

"How can I help you, Dani?" said Daniel, rising to stretch out his muscles that was starting to get asleep while hiding his contempt for calling him that and putting on his shirt to hide his work-out body that got girls' attention whenever he took it off to play some football.

"Yeah, um.. There's a problem with the TV. It keeps flickering in and out and we were watching "Pretty Little Liars" when it messed up.. Would you mind fixing it for us?" Dani asked.

With an silent groan, knowing the fact the TV's not working is due to the fact that this hotel they were staying was on low budget and she is a blonde, meaning it's very hard to explain the rules of hotels and TVs. But since there is no teacher or bus driver to deal with all this crap, it had fallen on him to handle with the adult stuff and that usually meant taking on problems with the classmates..

"Sure, let me see what can I do." said Daniel with a smile on his face as he headed to the girls' room with Dani at his heels. As he arrived to fix the girls' TV, he noticed that the girls were very angry and began to attempt to fix the TV when the power went off. Daniel covered his ears with his hands from the girls screaming loudly and yelling, cursing. He could distinctly tell, judging from the first floor, it had happened on the second floor which belonged to the senior boys, too as he felt their footsteps moving around ratherly fast and stomping above him and the girls.

Glad for the distraction, Daniel was able to get out of the room, closing the door behind him to cover the cursing that kept going on in there. "Finally!! I'm out of that God-forbidden room.." he thought to himself as he headed to the office to check out as to why the power has turned off. While he was walking in deep thought, he didn't realize he was about to bowl someone in his path until he crashed to the person. With an grunt, Daniel nearly lost his balance but was stopped short by the young man grabbing his arm.

"You alright, man?" the young man asked Daniel, letting go of him. As Daniel started to say yes, he realized he bumped to the runner-back football player and foreign exchanged student from Russia for the conclusion of their senior year, Paul Vladamir. Now Paul wasn't your average foreign student; No, he's the heir to the mult-millionaire empire that his father made, Vladamir's Genetic Industries. But for some reason, Paul has refused to be the prince for his company and instead of being there, he's in America to be your typical kid. Not only that, Paul is one of Daniel's best friend since he arrived in America.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, Paul." Daniel said with a smile on his face. "I'm sorry about bumping you.. I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"Ah, it's fine. I came down to check out why the power was off and I'm assuming you're doing the same?"

"Yeah, I am, but it's for the ladies that has been screaming my head off to fix the TV." Daniel rolled his eyes as they both walked to the office.

Laughing at this, Paul just shoulder-punched him knowing it was Dani that got him in this predicament. "Let me guess: Dani called you boyscout, huh? Why can't you just tell her not to call you that?" Quizzed Paul as he opened the door to the office.

Grunting, Daniel merely doesn't reply, but knows he should have instead chose not to due to the fact he's always the nice guy and always helped people out even if they don't need his help at all.

As they both stepped in, they were surprised to see some people in front of them, angry and demanding what should be done to get this fixed, knowing the owner is trying to calm them down. Sighing, Daniel made his way to the front apologizing to the people to reach the owner, an old man in his 50's, agitated at what has transpired. He finally made his way to the front and the owner imminently brought him to the back of his little office, closing the door to the still angry guests.

" I'm terribly sorry about what has happened here," said the owner, sitting down on his chair, gesturing the young teen to do the same. "But I cannot help it; Apparently this has been happening since ever the police turned it off due to the blast not too far from here. And it's not here too; it's spread wide in town."

"Oh, that's right... CNN talked about it the night before." It has been a week since the blast and there has been some power outage across New Marsis and the mayor has been forced to cut down supplies in order to save money and time.. Daniel thought to himself as he listened to the old man. Shaking his head and giving the old man a smile, he assured he will make sure that he will tell the classmates to cool it down as not to cause any problem for him.

"I promise, sir, as long as I'm in charge, I will explain to the students to behave themselves," said Daniel as he looked outside past the man's shoulder to the window. "I know it hasn't been easy for you to keep us occupied until I can find a way to get them home.." he said, his face filled with worry, his voice starting to crack from the pressure he had been forced to take on so suddenly.

Noticing the stress in the teen's voice, the owner quickly told him it is no problem at all and praised him for taking this on so fast but cautioned him not to overdo it. "I know it has been tough on you, but you do not have to shoulder this alone.. After all, you have your friend outside the office to help you out," the old man smiled at him.

Grinning, Daniel nodded his head and they both raised from their chairs, shook hands then the owner opened the door for the teen to leave while the owner dealed with the angry guests. He finally got out of the crowd and motioned Paul to come on and back to outside. Knowing Paul, Daniel knew he'll be wanting to ask questions, but not until they were out of the crowd's earshot. When they stepped out of the door and walking back to their respective rooms, Daniel quickly tugged Paul to go to the corner of the building where the pop machine is so they can talk about what he and the owner talked about in his office. He let the 6'0 football runner-back giant get his brand of soda while he gets ready for the barrage of questions from Paul.

After Paul got his, Daniel proceed to get his soda, which was Dr. Thunder, and opened the can, drinking some of it. Stopping to take a breather, Daniel gave a slight nod as to let Paul know he was now ready.

"So, is he still going to keep us here? If so, how long? And are you ready as hell to get out of this town?" asked Paul while opening his brand of soda, which was the same as Daniel: Dr. Thunder. He didn't meant to be so harsh on the guy, but come on: It should be fairly obvious to the dude that enough is enough.

Expecting that kind of questions, Daniel sighed a knowing sigh and proceed to tell Paul that he agrees with the fact he's ready to go, but they can't due to the same old fact: They can't drive the massive bus. "Paul, as much as I love to leave this place, we can't; I mean, come on! Have you seen the bus?", he said, pointing to the bus that is sitting outside the hotel. "Granted, we could just hop on a plane, but there lies the issue: Money. And we used it up for food and this dump..", sighed Daniel as he motioned Paul to follow him back to the second floor, not wanting to deal with the girls but had to tell them to chill and just do whatever they wanted to do as long as it's quiet.

Grunting in agreement, Paul knew that too, but he was so damn ready to leave. "So, what's the plan then?", asked Paul as nighttime approached. He took a sip of his soda while waiting for Daniel's answer as they went up the stairs.
With a small sigh coming out of him, Daniel laid it out for Paul, knowing he has no idea, but he'll sleep on it. "As far as I'm concerned, man, I have no freaking idea on this.. But I'm open to suggestions and it doesn't involves hitch-hiking, all right?" said Daniel as they reached the top stairs and turned right. They stopped at Daniel's room and stood there while Daniel got his key out to turn his door open. When he did, he saw something from the corner of his eye and turned his head to see one young girl running toward her room, he presumed. She looked disheveled, her clothes out of place, her face filled with either terror or disbelief on something that had happened earlier. He wondered if he should checked on her, but judging from her age from this distance, he once again presumed her parents would handle it. Shrugging, he bade Paul farewell as Paul did the same thing then entered his room.

As he closed his door and locked it, he turned around to look at his surroundings which wasn't much to show; just some photos on the wall above the bed, the sheets covered but not fully due to him sleeping in it last night. The TV was on the table while his stuff was laid out in the top of the table in open space. There was some mini-refrigerator as well, stocked with left-over food he had brought for this trip. The bathroom was around the corner as well.

Feeling fatigue coming upon him, Daniel ate some of his food which was ham and cheese sandwich, took some quick shower before the cold water came over him, and wore only his underwear and white t-shirt then laid down on his bed, contemplating what to do about their situation before drifting to sleep.

###

Looks like Daniel and classmates is having problems getting out of New Marsis...

Xblade13

Awards
Nice Chapter! :) I like how you flashed back to this scene. Your style is pretty descriptive, and I have no trouble understanding the story so far. Which is amazing since I haven't played the Infamous games. xD Can't wait until the next one! :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wonder if, the young disheveled girl will be seen again in the next chapter? I feel bad for Daniel taking on so much, but wonder what caused the accident to begin with. Paul seems like a nice fellow, and the type of guy, you'd have as a vice captain on the football team; only he doesn't work as hard, or come up with enough solutions himself. Probably too early to judge, but just the current impression I have of him. Otherwise, this has been a fantastic read so far, and I've enjoyed reading it. I like your usage of words, and spacing too. C:

Roxie1563

Awards
Thank you both for the comments. <3

@Kat: Yes, you'll see her again, but only for a brief moment. As for Paul, I can see why you think of him, but there is far more to him than meets the eye. ;)

As for the accident that happened to their chaperones, that's revealed in chapter two! C:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Like others have already said, you seem to have a very good sense of the story, and you pace it well enough that it keeps the reader interested. Your description in particular is very good--details like "the 6'0 runner-back" and David (and Paul's) favorite brand of soda flesh out the main characters and make the reader connect to them.

That said, your characterization of minor characters, in particular Dani, seems vague and even a little lazy at points--for example, when you say "she is a blonde, meaning it's very hard to explain the rules of hotels and TVs." If this is just the way Daniel thinks of Dani (whom he already dislikes), then that's fine at this point where we're just meeting her through the protagonist's eyes. If this is how far you have thought out the character however (blond girl = dumb), then that's lazy characterization.

Like Xblade13 said, there are grammatical problems, more in this chapter than the prologue (that makes sense, because it's longer). If you'd like somebody to help clear these up, I'd be glad to help.

Good story so far, keep writing!

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
Thank you for your kind words, Hidden. :3 And yeah, some mistakes were made, but hey, I'm learning. :)

For those who are waiting for chapter 2, I will try to get it up shortly, okay? ^_^

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Thank you for your kind words, Hidden. :3 And yeah, some mistakes were made, but hey, I'm learning. :)

For those who are waiting for chapter 2, I will try to get it up shortly, okay? ^_^

Pretty descriptive, I never heard of the Infamous games before. Are they any fun? It's pretty sad what happened to Daniel and his friends. Anyways, keep going, grammar errors are just a part of life. At least, you're description is pretty head on, I don't know why, but I have trouble with staying focus with descriptions.

Roxie1563

Awards
Pretty descriptive, I never heard of the Infamous games before. Are they any fun? It's pretty sad what happened to Daniel and his friends. Anyways, keep going, grammar errors are just a part of life. At least, you're description is pretty head on, I don't know why, but I have trouble with staying focus with descriptions.

Yes, they're so much fun! :D Basically, you play as a hero who receives super-powers and decides how to use it for either good or bad and the best part that it actually shows the results of it. If you do play it, I would recommend getting the Infamous Collection since it has both games and all DLCs in one disc.

Maybe it is best to type/write it down as you're seeing it in your head.. It seems to work well for me. :)

Roxie1563

Awards
Okay, guys! Sorry it took me so long, but I had to work the kinks out.. Anywho, let the journey continue with our heroes!
~Chapter Two~

There was an continuing knock on the door outside of Daniel's room that he groaned slightly, hoping whoever is out there would go away so he could get some peace and quiet sleep. He hadn't gotten enough sleep last night due to figuring out how to get out of New Marsis and explaining to the Council what happened to their two chaperones, but finally fell asleep. That didn't stop the knocking on the door, which were rapidly forthcoming than usual.

With a small grunt coming out of him, Daniel rose up from his bed while grabbing his pants from the chair that he laid it out and putting it on, making his way to the door. When he snapped the button on his pants and zipping it up, he opened his door to see the morning sun shining brightly and one young lady standing, her eyes looking up at him and her smile wide big on her face. He looked down at her and looked around for her parents, who apparently wasn't norwhere to be, looked back down to the little girl still smiling at him.

"Um, who are you?" asked Daniel as he was streching and yawning, wanting to get started on his day. He was finishing up his yawning when the girl burst in to his room and hopped on the bed, reaching for the remote to the TV which came on to life while dropping her shoes to the ground.

The girl looked at him and with her smile becoming a smirk on her face, which started to annoy Daniel faster than usual, told him that the power came back on while everybody was asleep and ignored his question, prompting him to walk over to the TV, turning it off and standing in front of it, arms wrapped around his chests and hands on his biceps. Once again, he asked the girl her name with decisive force in his voice.

"Who are you and why are you trying to annoy me off?" said Daniel as he tried to get a read on the girl. The girl finally looked at him and told him something he wasn't prepared to hear.

"You're a Conduit, aren't you? I can tell. You're showing it off everywhere and you don't even bother to cover it up, which is considering since the tall guy hid it pretty good, but I knew it anyway.. and the name's Molly." stated Molly as she scooted over to the end of the bed to reach her shoes to put it back on.

"What?" sputtered Daniel as he tried to make sense what was sprouting out of Molly's mouth. "No.. No, that's just ridiculous! Of course I'm not a Conduit.. Beside if I was, I would have been dead along with those who died in the blast."

Molly laughed at this and stated him that only higher Conduits can survive the blast and that included him, his friend and herself. "After all, your teacher and bus driver was Conduits, but they died because they didn't have the same resistance as we higher beings do." said Molly in a matter of fact voice as she tied her shoes.

Daniel squinted his eyes at her, not knowing what to say except for this: "So, if I'm a Conduit and you're one, how can you know who is a Conduit and who's not?" asked Daniel, making his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth, closing the bathroom door, locking it.

Molly took her sweet time, thinking on how to answer that question while not wanting to freak him out anymore further, but hey, he had the right to know he's one of them. "Since you asked so nicely," she said in a voice that only she knew would annoy him, but just enough for him to get the hint while looking around his room. "I have this ability to find Conduits based on if they're active or not and sense what kind of powers they have, powerful or just small version of what the original should be." Molly says as she stood up, hearing the shower water coming on.

"You could think me as a mini-Cerebro, if that makes sense minus the fact I'm a living, breathing person that can actually do it." snickered Molly while waiting for him to come out.

Daniel came out of the bathroom in fresh clothes while grabbing the comb to fix his hair while thinking on what she said and looking at her. "Why do I get the feeling that I have seen her somewhere before...?" he thought and realized that she was the young girl he saw last night! "Huh.. that explains why she was looking at me so intensely. She knew I was a Conduit even before I knew I was and even bothered to tell me so publicly.." sighed Daniel as he put down the comb and putting his wallet in his back pocket of his jeans, cell phone in right pocket, and his room key in the left pocket.

He was still curious and wanted to know more about this, so he asked Molly if she was hungry and if so, what kind of food she wanted to eat. Molly grinned at this and told her she wanted waffles saying, "I know one place that is open this early! We can go anyway and I can tell you want to know more," Molly said as they walked out of the door, allowing Daniel to lock the door to his hotel room.

"But there's a problem.. Those Militia guys are blocking the way in, saying those who want to eat inside are required to have some kind of a pass," said Molly in a sad voice as they went downstairs and walking two streets toward the waffle place which was named commonly as the International House of Pancakes or people would call it, I-Hop.

When they arrived to I-Hop, they were amazed to see two lines filled with people trying to make their way in. One line was going fast while the other was slow due to the Militia who were patting them to see if they had weapons while asking if they were 'Deviants'. Daniel saw that Paul was there and was standing in the second line, started walking toward him while grabbing Molly's hand to stick together. As he reached Paul, Daniel and Molly was stopped by one Militia solider and asked them for their I.D.'s telling them that to order them to get into the secondary line to get tested for the CDNA to see if they're Deviants or not.

As Daniel got his wallet out to pull out his driver's license and Molly doing the same in her purse, he heard an cry coming out of a man and saw that he has been pushed down to the ground, which was no easy feat seeing he was heavy enough and took 4 men to do that. The foursome proceed to beat down on him, punching him, kicking him while spewing out hate and telling others that he has the gene and he's a Deviant.

He tried to reach him to help but was buffed back by the single soldier and attempted to try again when the solider put out a gun on him and pointed it at them, telling them to step back or he'll shoot them. "Get back or I will shoot you in the face point-blank," stated the soldier as he looked at them.

Daniel and Molly looked at each other, deciding what to do, knowing that the man doesn't have much time left..

###

Uh-oh... Things are really getting bad fast!

And secrets are revealing around Daniel and friends..

Xblade13

Awards
That escalated quickly. xD I have one pet peeve, though. As someone who hasn't played Infamous, I don't know what Conduits or Deviants are. :( Even if it's just a short description, it helps.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Molly is eccentric. Do Conduits have to do with electricity? I ask, simply because, it'd explain why their power was out. :] Daniel has the best reactions, and Molly creeps me out a little with her smiles. But gosh, why ever did a bunch of people start attacking the guards for? I like the pace of this story, Roxie. There were grammar issues in some places, but those can be easily fixed, when read a second time.

He tried to reach him to help but was buffed back by the single soldier and attempted to try again when the solider put out a gun on him and pointed it at them, telling them to step back or he'll shoot them.
Just a misspelled word I caught. Simply change it to 'soldier'.

@X-Blade: Deviants means; departing from usual or accepted things, such as standard and sexual behavior. Conduits means; a channel for conveying water, and other fluids. It has more meanings, but I assume this is what Roxie is using it for.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
Molly is eccentric. Do Conduits have to do with electricity? I ask, simply because, it'd explain why their power was out. :] Daniel has the best reactions, and Molly creeps me out a little with her smiles. But gosh, why ever did a bunch of people start attacking the guards for? I like the pace of this story, Roxie. There were grammar issues in some places, but those can be easily fixed, when read a second time.

Just a misspelled word I caught. Simply change it to 'soldier'.

@X-Blade: Deviants means; departing from usual or accepted things, such as standard and sexual behavior. Conduits means; a channel for conveying water, and other fluids. It has more meanings, but I assume this is what Roxie is using it for.

Ah, that's a good question.. Only the original Prime Conduit could channel electricity and that was Cole MacGrath that died in the blast. But there is a new Prime Conduit and you're looking at Daniel due to the fact he can absorb powers, so.

Hahah! I knew it would be perfect for Molly to come in and be all talkative about things that Daniel doesn't know about.. plus, the creepy smiles, I attribute it coming from the DC comic character: Harley Quinn.. :D

Chapter 3 is on the works.. Had a busy week, but it'll be up soon, folks. :]

Roxie1563

Awards
I'm soo sorry about not posting this up! ;A; I have been busy and I had to just play inFamous: Second Son, lol. But now I'm back to our regularly scheduled story. :D

~Chapter Three~

Daniel was trying to think of a way to get out of this situation when he heard the unmistakeable sound of police sirens blaring in the air indicting that the police was on the way to the scene. The soldier, who was holding the gun at Daniel and Molly, swore loudly and turned to tell the boys to hurry up and kill the man. "Hey! Just kill the Deviant before those coppers show up" said the solider as the others kept on beating the man. "We don't have much time; pull the damn trigger on him!"

As this was going on, Molly stared at the man and realized that the man was about to use his power and this is going end badly if they don't do something about it. Turning to Daniel, Molly told him this and pointed out that if they don't stop or at least defuse it before things goes downward, it's going to be bad. "We have to do something now, Daniel!" Molly said in her trying to be calm voice, but it's getting hard.

Gritting his teeth, Daniel grabbed the gun in the soldier's hand and elbowed him in the nose then started to shoot the three other soldiers when the man disappeared in some sort of smoke bomb before appearing behind one of the soldier's back and grabbed his head burning it with what appeared to be smoke mixed with ash. Dropping the body, he dashed in and out in smoke and shooting the other two guards with smoke bolts with his hands. With them out of the way, he smiled with malice but his face darkened when he heard the tires squeal and turned to see the police force getting out of their cars. Seeing the boy and girl, he dashed once again and appeared behind the boy's back, grabbing him from behind and his arm around the boy's neck while pushing the girl away from him.

Daniel gasped as he felt the arm of this man around his neck, realizing that he was an hostage to this Conduit. "Oh, why me? At least he didn't take Molly.. That would have been really worse," thought Daniel as the cops pulled their guns out, attempting to calm the man down. One of the police officers tried to an attempt to calm the man down, but was instantly shot down by one of the Conduit's smoke bolt. That was the opening Daniel needed as he grabbed the man's arm, but as he did so, he felt his head filling with memories.. But it wasn't his; No, it was the man's memories! He saw small memories of the man named Hank as a child, Hank as a teen pulling out an gun at a small-time store, and Hank as an adult in prison before falling down to the ground. As his eyes closed, the last thing he saw was seeing Hank escaping away from the police, heading toward the fast food place.

A few minutes later, Daniel woke with a gasp. His head felt like it was in an vise, but it passed quickly. He struggled to get up, but he was so weak from doing something to himself and that guy, Hank. As he got up, he looked around and saw police cars burned in cripes and bodies everywhere, except for Molly whose was missing along with Paul. "My God! What the hell happened while I was out?!" Daniel thought to himself and while thinking to himself and worrying about Molly and Paul, he smelled smoke coming out of I-Hop. He gasped to see fire everywhere inside I-Hop and tries to get moving, only to dash in smoke-like form before stopping once. He tried to keep it under control, but he couldn't due to him hyperventilating and once again, he dashes for a while before slapping himself in the face to get himself under control.

"Come on, Daniel; get it together.. There are people inside that need help!" Thought Daniel as he finally manages to get it under control. He ran to the back of the building and somehow by instinct, used his new-found power to dash into the air-vent and went straight to the roof, free-falling down through the glass window and landed on his knee without trouble, though the room is full of smoke and the walls on fire. Coughing, he makes his way to the door and tries to dash through only to be pushed back by the heat of the flames. Grunting in pain, he saw that the woods has blocked the way and realized that the only way to get through this was to break it. As he quickly looks around the room, he noticed a chain lying on the table and grabbed it while wrapping it around his right wrist. With an shout, he lashed the chain at the wood and it broke in half.

Grinning at this, he proceed to break all the woods in his way while calling out for Molly, Paul and the other people. He was able to find some people trapped in one of the rooms and got them out to the very room he was in and send them away. With them safe and out of the burning restaurant, he pushed ahead and finally reached the front doors that leads into the seats where people ate and opened it to see Molly behind Paul, who was trying to fight off Hank only to be pushed back. Daniel ran to them and stood tall, facing Hank, who appeared to be in shock over seeing the guy that was supposed to be dead from touching him.

Gripping his chain, Daniel dashed toward Hank while using his chain to grab his neck and brought him down to the ground then delivered one powerful kick to the gut which caused the Smoke Conduit to fly back and landing quite some distance, but not before disappearing in his smoke form and firing off some smoke bolts at the young man. Daniel was able to dash twice to miss two bolts but got hit by the third bolt and instantly Hank was right in front of him, punching him in the face as hard as he could; he felt satisfied by this, but he screamed in pain as Daniel knocked him back with his chain three times before wrapping his chain around his wrist and punching him in the chest hard, just long enough for him to scream at Paul and Molly to get out through the door.

Paul grabbed Molly by the waist and ran toward the door, using his shoulder to break through the door, confused at what's going on but knows that Daniel got this.

With a sigh of relief coming out of him, Daniel smiles to himself, glad that those two are all right, but snaps back to attention to Hank. They traded punches and kicks to each other, trying to weaken the other; But Hank was winning due to his experiences with his powers, but Daniel has one thing he doesn't and that's grit. Knowing that the place is about to collapse and they need to get out of Dodge, Daniel dashes as fast as he can, using his chain to cause some max damage to Hank, but Hank sees this coming, shot several bolts at Daniel and dashes away toward the door to freedom.

Grunting in pain from those bolts, Daniel shook it off and ran after Hank, reappearing in his solid form. With whatever energy he had left, Daniel dashed as fast as he could and manages to get them out of the building and right to the ground, grabbing both arms of Hank which caused Daniel to absorb his full power and once again seeing his memories in full shape that shows him what and who Hank was. In those memories, he saw Hank as an child who was subjected to child abuse in the form of his father who was drunk night after night, beating him. Next came the teenage Hank, hardened by his abusive childhood, heading into one of the stores in an mall and stealing whatever he could, but one day he got caught by the store owner; Not wanting to get caught, Hank pulled out his gun out of his pant pocket and shot the owner in the chest two times. He escaped but got caught by the police two days later when his girlfriend reported him in to the coppers. While in prison, his powers manifested and with them broke out of prison. Finally, 10 years later as an adult and in full mastery of his powers, Hank went onto become one of the dangerous Conduit alive and still is, even after the New Marias Blast.

With that, Daniel got up and feeling faint made his way to Paul and Molly whose faces were full of horror and worry. As he walked slowly, he couldn't help but feel sorry for Hank, but it was Hank's fault for becoming the person he was. He almost made it to them, but fell down to the ground; As his eye closed for a second time, he almost didn't notice another person beside Paul and Molly and wondered who it was.

With an sigh, Daniel entered into a deep sleep as he felt someone holding him up by their arms.

###

Last edited:

Noel

Awards
Is Daniel going to be okay?

Man Hank seems to feel like he has had a rough life. Child abuse, only to be carved uve' a shell that he shouldn't been. :/

Roxie1563

Awards
Is Daniel going to be okay?

Man Hank seems to feel like he has had a rough life. Child abuse, only to be carved uve' a shell that he shouldn't been. :/

Daniel is going to be out for a while. So, by the time he wakes, alot of crap has been happening. That's the time to get to know more about Paul and Molly. :3

Yeah, you haven't seen anything yet with the other characters.. They have some backgrounds that will be linked right back to their parents and their future enemies.

Roxie1563

Awards
All right, guys! It's time for Chapter Four of inFamous: The Beginning of Tyranny!! :D

~Chapter 4~

~Week One: Paul~

"Daniel!!" yelled Paul as he ran to his best friend's body and picking him up, taking one arm around his neck while the man took the other arm around his neck as well. They walked away from the burning building that was formerly known as I-Hop and headed for the hotel with the young girl Molly in tow. It was during the journey back to the hotel did the man introduced himself as Zeke Dunbar and Paul did the same.

"Ahh.. You're the guy that hung out with the Electric Man. Cole MacGrath, wasn't it?" asked Paul to Zeke as they walked along the street to the beat-up hotel.

Zeke nodded his head and commented on the fact he knows about Paul's family and their company, Vladamir's Genetic Industries. "I'm not big on people trying to change the world for the best, but in your case, your family is doing a great service to the world and its citizens," he replies to Paul and also tells him that he's here for the job that the senior runner-back football player had posted on the internet the night before.

"You need someone to drive the bus home back to Archville, I'm your man. Money is of no issue.. and it sounds like from your ad that your, ah, situation is bad," said Zeke as Paul nodded his head to every word Zeke said, but he was in deep thought as how to explain this to Daniel once he woke up from whatever it was that happened to him.

It was nearly noon when the threesome reached the hotel and walked up the stairs to the room where Daniel stayed. Paul had to reach the left side of Daniel's pant pocket to get the key out and unlocked the door, kicking it in the process and both Zeke and Paul slowly and carefully set the sleepy Daniel down on the bed.

Releasing a big deep sigh coming from Paul, he turned to Zeke and thanked him for his help while Molly sat by Daniel's side on a chair that was set next to the bed, staring. It was at this time one of the cheerleaders, Dani, came in and asked Paul what the hell happened to poor Daniel. He explained to her that he was simply tired with an not-so-convincing smile. That just made Dani go downstairs to her room and came back with medical supplies.

She checked his vitals and concluded that he was simply exhausted and required rest for the night, if not for the week or so. With that, Dani walked back down the stairs to her room.

Paul blanched at this news. " A week?! This means I'm in charge for the duration of this fiasco... Ugh, I'm not one to be in charge; that's usually left to Daniel to handle this stuff." Paul thought to himself about this. He decided to go talk to Zeke and see if he's ready to take him and the classmates back home to Archville. He also noticed that the girl named Molly was still there beside Daniel's side and wondered how she met Daniel and why was she so interested in him, but that's for another time as seeing his business to do is getting himself and everybody home.

With that, Paul walked outside while closing the door halfway and lent on the fence that Zeke was lenting as well. Clearing his throat, Paul told him that his friend was going to be all right but he'll be out for a while. "You know, Zeke... I may not know you well enough, but you're pretty much my only hope of getting us back to Archville. And now that you have seen the bus, you sure you still want to do this?" asked Paul in his uncertain voice.

Glad to know of his new friend's friend condition, he let it slip that he is still going to take them home, but would rather do it soon than later. "After all, that fire back there is sure bound to bring some attention to you three and uh, I have nothing else to do now that Cole's dead." said Zeke, thinking about his dead friend.

Thinking about what Zeke said, Paul gave his sympathy to Zeke and told him that while he agrees, he'd rather wait until tomorrow.

"After all, Zeke, you just met me and everybody and it's still noon anyway. Best to get our rest while we can, huh, man?" Paul told him, laughing as does Zeke. That laughter lasted for a minute when the news from Daniel's TV came on. Paul and Zeke looked at each other and went inside only to be greeted with the news that was given by CNN, saying that while the police are starting their investigation on to what happened to their fellow officers and the burning I-Hop, they have gained some insight that it was caused by an Bio-terrorist/Conduit named Hank and that at least two eyewitness reporting that two men and one young lady ran away from the scene and wishes they would come in for questionings as the news came to an end.

Sighing, Paul turns to Zeke and tells him to get the bus started while he gets everybody up and packing their stuff and load it up on the racks inside the bus. He also hands over the keys to Zeke who quickly went downstairs and straight to the bus.

Paul ran to the senior boys' room and told them to pack up then ran down the stairs to the senior girls' room and told them to do the same. He also pointed out to them as soon they get their stuff up, they are to hand over their room keys to him so he'll take them straight to the hotel owner. "Remember guys, be sure to double check for your stuff; Once we're out of here, we're gone."

He asked Zeke if the bus is good to go. Zeke responded by one-indexing salute to Paul. Encouraged by this, he went upstairs to Daniel's room and with some help from Molly, packed what was left of Daniel's suitcase and lunged it back to the bus. As Paul went back to Daniel's room to pick up his friend, he was greeted by his classmates who gave all their keys to him and changed his course and headed to the hotel office.

As Paul opened the door and entered the office, he was greeted by the owner and handed over all the keys to him explaining that he was able to get a driver for the bus and they were leaving. "Sir, thank you for having us for a bit and I hope you have a good day." The owner smiled at this and bade Paul and his classmates goodbye.

With that, Paul went back to his room and packed his suitcase which was thrown down to one of the member of the football team who put it up on the rack. He headed to Daniel's room and was surprised to see the girl has disappeared, but shrugged his shoulders and with an grunt coming out of him, picked up his sleeping friend and walked outside while closing the door behind him. He went down the stairs and right up the steps on the bus, putting his friend on the left seat which was being used for a bed, not knowing that he had one stowaway inside the bus.

Nodding his head to Zeke who proceed to drive out of the hotel and on the road straight to Archville, but stopped at the local gas station to fuel up. Once the bus was gassed up, Zeke drove for a bit and was able to get onto the highway that lead them to the border of Arkansas/Louisiana. It took them at least 5 hours to reach the border which Paul paid for the toll road and another 2 hours, they reached Rock City, Arkansas.

Once they reached Rock City in Arkansas, Paul was able to call ahead to the hotel they were supposed to use for the night and was surprised to hear that they didn't have to pay for everything, seeing that it was their dead teacher that covered everything from food to lodging for their hotel, Holiday Inn. Happy to hear that, Paul told Zeke to go ahead and park which Zeke happily did.

Once Paul got all the students' rooms in order and let them put their stuff up, he went ahead and order pizza for them. It was nearly dark when their pizza arrive and this time, Zeke paid for it. Munching on his pepperoni pizza, Paul and Zeke started talking about their plan for when they arrived in Archville. Zeke told him that as long as he's their driver, he's not going anywhere until then. "After all," Zeke said as he was munching down his pizza, "I have this feeling this isn't over with your amigo just yet, considering what happened back there and I would be willing to help you out. In fact, I got some sources of mine I might put to use to find out what happened after we left."

Paul smiled at this and told him that as long as nothing else bad happen, he's cool with it. " I'm going to bed now, Zeke.. You should do the same." Paul said as he walked to his room, opening his door with his key, not knowing that the stowaway was next door. As he closed the door, Paul went to the bathroom and stripped down and took a shower. Once he was done with his shower, Paul walked to his bed, turned his light off and drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Paul, Zeke and the rest of the classmate, along with the still sleeping Daniel and the one stowaway, were on the road once again. It took them 3 hours to reach the Arkansas/Missouri border. As the fourth hour came, Paul was woken up by the slowing of the bus. He got up from his seat and stretched, rubbing his eyes asking Zeke if everything all right. Zeke didn't respond.

"Zeke?" asked Paul as he made his way to the front and discovered, to his horror and shock which must have been the same as Zeke, the road ahead was full of traffic due to the fact there was an roadblock, manned by the newly funded government department known as the D.U.P (Department of Unified Protection) set a few days later after the New Marias Blast.

"Bro, what are we doing to do? I mean, look at that!" said Zeke as he pointed to the APC vehicle that was sitting on a hill. Paul looked to where Zeke pointed and gasped. Pondering on what to do, Paul turned to go back to his seat and was surprised to see Molly sitting next to Daniel.

"Molly?!" said Paul in his shocked voice. "How did you get inside here?" asked Paul and Molly replied saying, "I sneaked inside the bus while you weren't looking... I couldn't leave Daniel behind, knowing he probably wants some answer to what happened to him and I care about him deeply."

Groaning and shaking his head, Paul didn't need another problem and walked up to Molly and grabbed her arm, pulling her to the front door. Molly struggled to get away, but he was too strong. Paul told her that even she cared for Daniel, she doesn't belong on the bus. " You should have stayed home with your parents, who I think are worried of you." He said as he opened the door by using the handle and proceed to push her out of the door to outside. But before he could do it, Molly screamed loud which caused Paul to pull her inside.

Smiling, Molly simply told him that if he touched her one more time, she'll scream again, but it would be a cry of rape. "After all, I do hear that boys your age doesn't do well in prison.." smiled Molly and snickered at the senior's annoying face while looking at her nails and winked at the girls behind Paul, who were also trying to cover their own snickering.

Full of fume, but with a sigh and defeat in his voice, Paul bent down to Molly's face and told her he'll let her be because he didn't want to risk it and seeing that she seems to know what's going on with Daniel, but stated this to her: " You know you're one little psychopath, don't you?"

"Thank you for the compliment, Paul.. You're an nice man, after all." Molly smiled and went back to sit beside the sleeping Daniel.

Irritated in this change of events around him, Paul went back to Zeke, who was trying so hard to cover his laughter from seeing Paul and Molly's actions. Paul gave Zeke an hard look and that quickly shut up Zeke's laughter. With a deep sigh, he pondered on what to do next.

###

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back