• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► inFamous: The Beginning of Tyranny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm really, really curious what powers Daniel has. What he was doing to fight off Hank and the others was amazing. :O I'd love to see this turned into a video game or anime was the biggest impression it left me after, reading these two new chapters. I hope Daniel is alright, and will recover soon. Molly is amusing and such a trouble maker for Paul. I feel bad for Paul being humiliated by her on the bus, but she sure is smart. I have a feeling it will take a lot to get rid of her, and Zeke is quite a decent and kind man; if I'm to judge his character.

The only thing I'd like to mention: In chapter three, right in the first paragraph you misspelled 'soldier' into 'solider'. You might want to edit that later, Roxie. ;3 Otherwise, fantastic updates, and I can't wait to see more.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I'm really, really curious what powers Daniel has. What he was doing to fight off Hank and the others was amazing. :O I'd love to see this turned into a video game or anime was the biggest impression it left me after, reading these two new chapters. I hope Daniel is alright, and will recover soon. Molly is amusing and such a trouble maker for Paul. I feel bad for Paul being humiliated by her on the bus, but she sure is smart. I have a feeling it will take a lot to get rid of her, and Zeke is quite a decent and kind man; if I'm to judge his character.

The only thing I'd like to mention: In chapter three, right in the first paragraph you misspelled 'soldier' into 'solider'. You might want to edit that later, Roxie. ;3 Otherwise, fantastic updates, and I can't wait to see more.

As you know, Daniel's natural power is to absorb the powers of other Conduits along with Telepathic Perception (receiving information from memories like he did with Hank). I'm sure you know the first power Daniel already has from Hank. ;)

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if that already happened. xD I thank you for attributing my story for a video game/anime. :)

Daniel will wake up in the end of Week Two: Molly and that's the fun part begins. :D And as for Molly, I can't help but feel little giddy around her. She's becoming my instant favorite and that's because of her lines. xD

About Zeke, you're right, but you'll probably change your mind when he says his (in)famous line straight from Infamous 2. x)

Week Two is on the works, but I think I'm going to try to short it down if I can.

Roxie1563

Awards
All right, you guys! It's time for Week Two: Molly which I forgot to tell you that Chapter Four was split into two weeks, but I didn't think of it to tell you until now, lol.. My bad! ^_^

Anyway... enjoy Molly's adventure!

~Week Two: Molly~

After dealing with the 'boss', Molly took one quick glance at the still sleeping Daniel to be sure he's okay and still breathing. Satisfied, she reached for her backpack to get her MP3 out, unwrapping the ear-buds and installing them into her ears then turned it on to her favorite song that would make people look at her twice which was "Shoot to Thrill". While listening to the song, she looked out the window to see a poster about some video-game called "Journey of Hearts" with the titular hero, Sky, in his action pose wielding his iconic weapon that takes the shape of an house-key, Light-blade. Smirking at the thought that anyone would play that game, Molly jumped slightly at the motion of the bus finally moving closer to the station where the D.U.P. has taken place and sighed quietly as to what to do once they reached inside the city of Archville.

As they got close to the gates, Molly was able to see why the D.U.P. soldiers looked so serious; Apparently there's some rumors flying around that there are some Bio-terrorists in the city and they were brought by the mayor to handle it. Molly knew better not to trust any government officials that lies to the public as her parents was working in shady groups and excited that her Conduit kind were fighting back for their right to exist. Suppressing herself not to grin, she watched as one of the Pawn Soldier asked the man, Zeke, for I.D.s and to where they are going.

Zeke gave his I.D.s and told him that "I'm taking these students back to school and also to enjoy the three B's in Archville, which is beer, boobs and of course, mechanical bulls," with an smile on his face. The soldier did not smile and gave back Zeke's license and told them to proceed, but not without a warning to keep an eye out for those Bio-terrorists saying "If you see any kind of unusual activities, you are required, by law, to report it. Failure to do so will sent you to federal prison. Understood?" Zeke just shrugged his shoulder and drove on into the city.

Once inside the city limits, Zeke, with the help of Paul who gave out directions to reach their school, Archville High, was able to get there with no problems. As they pulled up to the school parking lot, Molly's eyes were darting back and forth from looking around the school where Paul, Daniel, and the rest of the students must be going to. As the students got their stuff out of the racks and going their own ways to their cars, Molly got up and stretched to give her muscles some relief while checking on Daniel and putting her MP3 back inside her backpack.

It was at this time did Molly looked up to see Paul looking down at her, his hands and arms crossing each other. Snorting, she moved out and back to let Paul take his best friend up by the arm and walking down the stairs to his Ford truck. Molly quickly grabbed her purse, backpack and Daniel's luggage, grunting and fast walking to the truck.

"Wait up, you big lug!" Molly hollered at Paul which he stopped and turned to her, causing her to nearly stumbling down to the ground. With an scowl on his face, Paul, ignoring the comment, took Daniel's suitcase off of Molly's left hand and turned again to walk, mumbling that "I should've left her with the D.U.P when I had the chance.. Now I'm stuck with her. This is Daniel's problem now," as they reached the truck.

Hearing that, Molly silently sticked out her tongue at Paul while walking behind him. As Paul got his key out and using the button to unlock the four-door truck, Molly put her backpack in the back and getting inside the front seat as Paul put the sleeping Daniel in the back seat and putting his own and Daniel's luggage in the back trunk then getting inside the driver's seat, starting it up to get it up and running.

Once the engine was warmed up, Paul drove out of the parking lot and onto the road toward his cabin which would take 20 minutes. Knowing it would be a while, Paul proceeded to ask Molly a bunch of questions starting with one: "What the hell happened to Daniel, Molly?"

With a serious look on her face, she turned to Paul and told him the same thing that she told Daniel the first time they met was that "you're an Conduit: a human being with powers since birth, all right? Now, I don't know how it came to be; It just did."

"I know you're a Conduit too, Paul and that's because I'm one too. I have this power to find other Conduits based on how powerful their gifts are. Your powers are great, but Daniel is.. how do I put this in words you'll understand without hurting your lovely brain, unique" Molly said in her usual tone she did with Daniel. "See, Daniel has the power to absorb other Conduit's powers and that is one incredible power to have and why is he so unique is because it's so rare to have that power. Not only is it rare, but he's the most powerful Conduit in this Earth ever and his power is unlimited to the point that it will take at least, in theory, one lethal wound to the brain to pretty much stop him for good.." Molly paused to let that settle so Paul can get all that, but not without saying this: "Course, it's only a theory.. One I'm not going to prove."

Paul was quiet for the first five minutes to absorb this newly information from this girl, but he had to know why Daniel was still asleep so he asked that exactly to her. Molly replied, saying "Well, remember that Smoke Conduit back in New Marias? Daniel must had his first experience using his new-found powers to absorb the power of that Conduit which must had caused him to be full of fatigue quickly since considering it's his first time and he hasn't woken up meaning he's probably re-experiencing the motions right now and won't wake up until it's over."

As for the next 15 minutes, Molly continued to explain as much as she can regarding everything that is Conduit-related, but stressed this to Paul: "When you heard that soldier calling us 'Bio-terrorists', it's not true; That's just to make people scared of us because of what we can do and to use it to justify their methods which aren't pretty at all."

"I mean, come on! We Conduits are trying to live in peace, but they treat us like we're shit or whatnot," said Molly as she turned to check on Daniel, commenting on the fact that what happens next is entirely up to Daniel and the other Conduits in town and everywhere.

They finally arrived at Paul's cabin which wasn't much to show, but useful for everything. As Molly and Paul got out of the truck, Paul went ahead to open the door while Molly grabbed her stuff and walked inside. She looked around to see the living room for the center, the kitchen in the far left of the cabin while the far right contains the three bedrooms which one belongs to Paul and 2 bathrooms.

As Molly continued to look around, she turned to see Paul carrying Daniel inside, taking him to one of the bedroom and putting him down on the bed very carefully. Deciding to get herself feeling good, Molly walked to the one bathroom where Daniel's bed was and proceed to take one long hot shower while Paul called one of the School Council to let them know they're back and to explain everything that has happened to them minus Daniel's 'condition' as Paul referred it. Once done, he cooked supper for him and the little brat when Molly came out in her PJ's, they ate in silent for there wasn't nothing to talk about except that Zeke had called Paul to say that "I'm in a hotel right now and let me tell you, Archville is one popular place to be, that's for sure!" in his enjoyable voice.

After finishing eating their supper, Molly asked Paul if he has a T.V. and Paul nodded his head, pointing to the remote on the counter stand. Molly walked to the stand, picking up the remote and sat on the nearby couch, turning it on to the news. As the news drone on and on about national news, she suddenly felt the familiar surge of power which meant there was a Conduit in the open in Archville. She closed her eyes and focused on the Conduit who was using her powers to take down some D.U.P soldiers, but she was ignoring the fight as she was only focusing on the girl's powers which was Neon-based and was little surprised how powerful that girl was, but could sense that she must had used it for some time. Just as it suddenly appeared to her, it disappeared rather fast for her before she could pinpoint which district the Neon Conduit was in.

Sighting in frustation, Molly opened her eyes to watch the news but only to stare in the eyes of Paul who was kind of curious/uneasy. Not sure how to respond to that, she quickly punched him in the face. The pain was painful, but not for Paul.

"Ow..! Dammit, Molly!" Paul cursed in Russian as he rubbed his face and nose.

"You shouldn't have done that, you oaf!" screamed Molly as she tended to her hand, but silently she was satisfied to get some small justice for muttering about her. Scowling, Paul went to bed, still rubbing his face.

Still stinging from that punch, Molly turned the TV off and walked to bed but not before checking on Daniel, who was still asleep. She allowed herself to show a small smile on her face, seeing how cute Daniel looked when he's asleep. Chuckling in silent, she walked to her room and laid down on the bed, deciding that tomorrow she will go exploring the city and see if she can find that Neon Conduit.

-------

Molly woke up early morning and got up to get herself ready for the brand new day. Once finished taking another shower and eating her breafast, she went outside wearing her favorite pair of jeans, her shirt resembling of her favorite movie, "Harry Potter" and her beat-up shoes that she got from her parents. She walked herself straight to Archville which took her 30 minutes, but enjoyed the outdoors as much as she could with a smile on her face.

Once inside the city limits, she was amazed to see tall skyscrapers and so many things including the famous Arch that served the sign post to passing cars. But that amazement soon turned into somber as she saw the hallmark of the D.U.P.'s hold over the city. Molly saw people walking around in fear for any kind of attack either from the D.U.P. or 'Bio-terrorist' which she hated that word with a passion.

Shaking her head, Molly continued to walk around looking around her new surroundings, not realizing that she was about to run into trouble. As she walked around and turning to the corner, there was another checking station of the D.U.P completed with Pawn Soldiers who were making people check for the CDNA with some kind of bioscanning machine. For what seemed to be eternal, Molly waited to get to the next part of the city when she sensed the same power before last night!

Darting her eyes to see where the Neon Conduit was, she was startled to see an purple/pinkish streak of Neon which led her to look ahead to see the Neon Conduit already fighting the Pawn Soldiers with her Neon powers which contains using beams, rockets, anything this girl could imagine and moving ratherly fast using her Neon Speed.

Wanting to help out, Molly tapped into her power and proceeded to lift one soldier up in the air and throwing him to this strange box which also blew up due to the grenede the soldier was attempting to throw at the Neon Conduit, opening the small front door that held the energy source to power up the D.U.P's hold of the Marketown District. Curious, Molly trotted up to it and slowly touched it, but it didn't seem to hurt her so she took it out and was surprised to see it was a Blast Core that was said to power up to a specific Conduit's abilities.

Discovering of the D.U.P.'s source of 'fuel', Molly was getting very suspctious about the D.U.P. being here beside rounding up superpowered humans and decided to hide the Core inside her pant pocket when she looked up to see the Neon Conduit powering herself up and detonting herself to Neon particles, killing all of the soldiers except for the civilians and Molly.

Shocked to see the Neon Conduit seemly killing herself, she was greeted to see the particles reassembling itself to an human being which was turned into solid. Before Molly could talk to her, the Neon Conduit ran away with her Neon Speed, leaving Molly speechless and smiling at what she just witnessed. "Hot damn... Now, that's what I'm talking about, girl!" she thought to herself, smile on her face.

Looking around her environment, she suddenly realized that if she lingers here, she's going to get caught. Running away as fast as she could to get out of the city limits, Molly couldn't stop thinking about what she saw and found. It was at this time she began to wonder maybe, maybe it was time to find out what the D.U.P is up to by starting talking to Paul and of course, Daniel.

Finally back to the cabin, Molly opened the front door and was met up by an pissed-off Paul, who had the TV on and the news were showing everything that happened hours earlier.

"Err.. Hey, Paul.." stuttered Molly as she tried to explain her actions. "I take it you saw everything?"

Paul just stared at her and stated that he did. "Look here, I'm the boss; I make the rules. The only reason I didn't tell you was because I didn't have the chance to do so and one of them was to tell me where you were going!" screeced Paul as he rose up from the chair he was sitting while Molly slowly walked back to the wall.

"Hey, take it easy, Paul. I wasn't doing much; Just kind of.. helped. Heh." Molly laughed weakly.

Paul narrowed his eyes at her and started to get her to understand the conquences of her actions which prompted Molly to do the same about him saying, "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have any damn clue as to what happened to your friend! Duh!!"

As they were arguing, they couldn't have realized that their friend was starting to wake up and their adventure was just the beginning that would change Archville and set for what would be the downfall of the D.U.P. seven years later.

###

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So this is a pretty interesting take on the lore of Infamous. I like the characters, and I like the way you are handling the conduits and their powers.

As others have stated, there are spelling and grammar issues here and there, but it's nothing too serious. I'm able to read along quite easily and follow the story, and that's mainly what matters.

I'm really excited to see Daniel gain more powers as the journey goes on. I'm also a bit curious if you're going to implement Infamous' good and bad decision making, like Daniel having to decide between a heroic choice or an evil choice and contemplating how things could've changed. Oh the possibilities!

Roxie1563

Awards
So this is a pretty interesting take on the lore of Infamous. I like the characters, and I like the way you are handling the conduits and their powers.

As others have stated, there are spelling and grammar issues here and there, but it's nothing too serious. I'm able to read along quite easily and follow the story, and that's mainly what matters.

I'm really excited to see Daniel gain more powers as the journey goes on. I'm also a bit curious if you're going to implement Infamous' good and bad decision making, like Daniel having to decide between a heroic choice or an evil choice and contemplating how things could've changed. Oh the possibilities!

Lol, thank you, Max! :3 Just curious as to who is your favorite characters so far in this story.

It's hard to keep an eye on the grammars when you're typing the chapters out, but once I paste it on here, I can correct it. :)

As to the Karma choices, I originally wanted to do the evil path, but it wouldn't match the plot. And since SP said the Hero paths are canon, I decided to go ahead and go with the flow. :) Now mind you, this is pre- Second Son but gives you the insight as to how things really changed over the years. Plus, the epilogue way later on will give an small glimpse for the future of Conduits and also, the characters of Tyranny will meet the Second Son characters that will give you the electric feels. :D

Max

Staff member
Awards
Lol, thank you, Max! :3 Just curious as to who is your favorite characters so far in this story.

It's hard to keep an eye on the grammars when you're typing the chapters out, but once I paste it on here, I can correct it. :)

As to the Karma choices, I originally wanted to do the evil path, but it wouldn't match the plot. And since SP said the Hero paths are canon, I decided to go ahead and go with the flow. :) Now mind you, this is pre- Second Son but gives you the insight as to how things really changed over the years. Plus, the epilogue way later on will give an small glimpse for the future of Conduits and also, the characters of Tyranny will meet the Second Son characters that will give you the electric feels. :D

Hmm, my favorite character so far is probably Daniel. It's great that he was able to take on the pressure of becoming a leader in this situation for his other classmates, and his power to absorb powers is pretty cool. But what I am really interested in seeing more of with him is how he sees the memories of others. The part in the story that sticks out to me the most so far was when he saw all of Hank's memories, it was very sad and had to have some kind of effect on Daniel. I'm just intrigued to read as he continues to gain power and see those flashes of memories (that almost tell small little stories all on their own).

And okay, I understand with the Karma then since you're going for canon. It will still be cool then to see how you connect the series overall, so I will look forward to it!

Roxie1563

Awards
Hmm, my favorite character so far is probably Daniel. It's great that he was able to take on the pressure of becoming a leader in this situation for his other classmates, and his power to absorb powers is pretty cool. But what I am really interested in seeing more of with him is how he sees the memories of others. The part in the story that sticks out to me the most so far was when he saw all of Hank's memories, it was very sad and had to have some kind of effect on Daniel. I'm just intrigued to read as he continues to gain power and see those flashes of memories (that almost tell small little stories all on their own).

And okay, I understand with the Karma then since you're going for canon. It will still be cool then to see how you connect the series overall, so I will look forward to it!

Yeah, I had to show how his powers work and you saw how tired he got quickly after that. But in the upcoming chapters ahead, he'll be able to absorb easily without falling asleep either in a non-combat or combat situation.

Hah, thanks! :) Enjoy the ride once I get Chapter Five up and running.. I hope either tonight or later. xD

Max

Staff member
Awards
Hah, thanks! :) Enjoy the ride once I get Chapter Five up and running.. I hope either tonight or later. xD

Well I'll be looking forward to reading it whenever you have it done :)

Roxie1563

Awards
Time for Chapter Five and we get to have a cool battle while looking to as who the villain is. :O

~Chapter Five~

With an groan, Daniel slowly opened his eyes to see some wooden ceiling, wondering where he was as he was getting up from the bed. He yawned and looked around the environment he was being in and saw that he must be in a cabin, but not just a cabin; He was in Paul's cabin, which meant to Daniel that they must be back home in Archville.

As he got up, he could hear voices coming from the living room and went to check it out. Once he reached the living room, he was surprised to see a chair flying across the room, the chair crashing to the ground broken into pieces. Daniel turned his head to the right and saw Molly running past him, wondering what was that about; He soon received his answer in the form of a metal-skinned giant, which he quickly recognized as Paul.

"Paul..?" Daniel asked, wondering what on earth was going on, but suddenly felt himself flying out of the living room, hitting the wall which also broke taking himself and the pieces of wood outside, from the powerful backhand of the metal giant as it roared in anger. He landed on the ground, his head swimming in pain, but it passed away quickly as he got up painfully.

As soon Daniel got up, Molly was at his side, trying to pull something out of her pant pocket while using her powers to slow down the angry metal giant that is Paul. "Molly, what's going on with Paul and why does he have metal skin and why is he so pissed?" questioned Daniel as Molly managed to get the item out and put it in Daniel's hand, but before answering his questions.

"His powers just manifested and apparently his anger must had triggered it, causing him to have metal skin which seems to protect him since throwing rocks with my powers isn't affecting him!" Molly said as she summoned a Force Field to an attempt to hold Paul, who was pounding away as hard as he can to reach the enemies he sees in his mind.

Concentrating hard as she can, Molly spoke to Daniel, saying " As to why he's pissed.... Well, it was largely my fault. I kind of didn't tell him where I was going and that was going to the city, where I, again, kind of helped out with an Conduit, taking down some D.U.P. soldiers," she smiled a thin smile weakly, but quickly focused on holding the Field as long as she can.

"Oh, as to wondering what that is in your hand, it's a Blast Core meant to power up the abilities of an Conduit. All you have to do is just to squeeze it hard and... Well, I never had to use it before, so something happens, apparently." Molly winked at him then with a grunt, moved her hands to make the Force Field to a ball and lifted it up in the air high in the air and brought it down straight to the earth, which caused the ball to shatter into million pieces. Yet it didn't affect the giant, only merely slowed its movement as it rise up to its feet and started running toward Molly.

Gasping, Daniel pushed her out of the way which caused him to take the full blow of the giant's fist as it was driven toward his face. He was knocked a few feet away, but got up quickly by using his smoke dash and taking Molly's advice, squeezed the Blast Core. He felt himself floating in the air while also feeling the energy of the Core go inside him, causing him to see visions of his smoke powers that he recently acquired from that Smoke Conduit, Hank.

The visions he saw showed him his new abilities which consisted of Quick Drain Smoke, Double Smoke Dash (both ground and air), Car Smoke Boost, Smoke Vent Dash (which allows him to heal himself and let him launch even more higher air time), Smoke Shot (using sulfur and knockout head shots), Cinder Blast (an version of the Smoke Shot, only powerful), Sulfur Bomb (allows the fumes to last for a moment while increasing the radius), Cinder Missiles (Rockets that can be used five times to greatly causes some damage), Smoke Thrusters (lets him glide momentously from his hands), and finally, the Smoke Karma Bomb: The Smoke Orbital Drop (allows him to dispatch a large number of enemies at once). Soon after seeing the visions, Daniel landed on his feet, his hands emitting of smoke, telling him that he just had become powerful enough to face his friend.

"All right then, Paul.." Daniel muttered to himself as he clenches his fists, "Let's rumble."

With an roar, Paul jumped high, his fists behind his head, in an attempt to smash Daniel into ribbons which he missed due to Daniel using his Double Smoke Dash to safely get away from harm a few meters away. As his fists reached the ground, Daniel fired off two Cinder Blasts from his hands to the metal-skinned giant Paul, causing him to stagger, but recovered long enough to emit one angry growl coming deep from his throat, his eyes narrowing at Daniel.

Gripping the ground with his fingers and growling, Paul lifted the ground up and above his head, threw it at Daniel. Gasping, Daniel, using his hands, fired off two Cinder Missiles that was traveling fast then combined into one which hit the flying ball of grass, rock and dirt, causing it to explode into pieces. It didn't slow the giant because he was running at full power to demolish this dangerous enemy that threatened him.

Daniel backed up all the way but was halted by Paul's truck. Looking back and forth, Daniel smoke-dashed up to the top of the truck and with an shout, using his feet emitting of smoke, jumped high into the air and over Paul's head, causing the giant to stumble in an feeble attempt to slow his movement. Daniel turned around while in the air and fired multiple Smoke Shots at the giant before using his arms to Smoke Thrust to land safely. As soon as he landed on the ground, Paul was already shaking the shots off and ran at him again.

Gritting his teeth, Daniel threw three Sulfur Bombs at Paul, which caused him to stop completely long enough for Daniel to smoke-dash at his best friend at close range, using his chain that was wrapped up around his wrist, attacking him four times and finishing up with an melee finisher by wrapping the chain around his right hand and hitting the giant in the face, causing Paul to kneel down to the ground, emitting an painful howl coming from his throat and panting from spending too much energy trying to smash this terrible enemy.

Seeing his chance to put down the giant and to power up for his final attack, Daniel looked around the woods and was able to see a piece of wood on fire. Using his smoke-dash, he was able to reach the fire and by instinct, using his hands to absorb the smoke coming off it, effectively making him feel all new and clean. With that, he dashed back to the giant and to gain some time, once again, delivered some couple hits with his chain at Paul and proceed to power up using his smoke power to summon his Karma Bomb: The Smoke Orbital Drop.

Daniel felt himself giving off large swirling plumes of smoke around his arms and lower body. With enough power within himself, he launched up into the sky, transforming into three balls of smoke and ashes that were swirling around the sky. As the balls reached a very specific altitude, they rematerialized right back into Daniel, which caused him to back-flip in the air while smiling, heading back down to earth, using his Smoke Thrusters to speed up his descent.

--------

Molly watched the scene in front of her as she saw her new friends fighting each other. She couldn't help but feel guilty about starting this thing. "Oh, why did this have to happen? If only I had told Paul where I was going, this whole mess could have been avoided." Molly thought to herself as the friends battled each other.

She was elated to see Daniel using his 'up-gradable' powers by squeezing that Blast Core she found hours earlier. But that excitement was short-lived as she quickly recognized the power-up that Daniel used to launch himself up into the air. Gasping, Molly tumbled into the ground, but quickly got up and ran into what was left of the cabin and with all her might, summoned up one huge sphere of Force Field around the cabin, prepared for the explosive crash she would hear a few moment later.

--------

Rapidly moving too fast down to the earth, Daniel felt himself hitting the ground, the impact making an massive explosion and causing him to reduce into ash. His ashes, coming off from the crash, came together in a tornado-like fashion, causing Daniel to once again re-materializing into a normal human being. He chuckled at this as he looked around his surroundings; what was left of the battle ground has been completely destroyed. All except for the Force Field Molly must had to use to keep herself and the cabin safe from his Karma Bomb, Daniel assumed. And what of the giant, Paul, Daniel's best friend?

Running to the spot of damage, Daniel was able to see that Paul, from the damage it must had done to his skin, reverted back to normal, lying on his back, unconscious but alive. Slowly making his way down to Paul, Daniel was able to reach him and pulled him up by the arm and trotted up the ground. It took some few minutes, but he, with Paul in tow, finally reached the cabin (as the field was down due to Molly releasing it as soon as the air lifted), put Paul down in his room.

Coming out of there, Daniel took a very deep breath and looked at Molly whom was looking back at Daniel, wondering how to start a conversation. It was Molly who broke the ice. "That... was... freaking... AWESOME!!" exulted Molly as she jumped up and down from witnessing Daniel's Karma Bomb, smile on her face that soon turned into laughter. Daniel smiled at this for a bit but quickly got into business. "Molly... You got some serious explaining to do and whatever you do, please don't leave anything out, got it?" told Daniel as he sat down on the couch.

Nodding her head, Molly agreed while taking her seat next to Daniel on the couch as well, but wanted to say this: "Um, do you think someone heard or saw what just happened?" Molly asked that to Daniel.

Daniel shrugged his shoulders at that, but inside his mind, he was wondering about it as well.

--------

In Archville, at the D.U.P.' Headquarters, there sat the leader of the Archville D.U.P. in her chair, the woman wearing the lab coat which is both black and yellow as to tribute to the D.U.P. everywhere in the world. The woman has been watching the Bio-terrorists' battle yet she ignored the giant as she was focusing on the boy whose was able to cause major damage. " How interesting... I knew the father said many things about him, but he never implied how powerful the son was, yet this is what I'm seeing now." The woman thought to herself as she turned off the TV with the remote, getting up from her seat.

The light above her showed her name plate which was shown to be Jennifer Augustine, the twin sister of Brooke Augustine whom also is with the D.U.P. in charge at Seattle, WA. She walked out of her office, down the stairs to the elevator. The door opened with a ding and she walked in, turning to open a secret panel and pressed the button which leads down to the lower basement that was being used for lab needs. As the elevator made it way down to the required floor, Director Augustine thought to herself back to the day she met her team of scientists, dedicating themselves to get rid of Conduits but was quickly changed to Bio-Terrorists the moment they heard about the destruction of Empire City and the death of the Beast created by the DARPA.

There was enough people who wanted to see the end of Conduits, but few actually went ahead and planned for it by using what was left of the R.F.I and creating an army of robots dedicating to ending the threat of Bio-Terrorists and an massive Behemoth as its leader, dubbing the project: Operation Beast.

The brain behind the project beside Director Augustine was Richard Miles and the rest of the team, but they had no way of knowing they would be killing their future children born naturally with the CDNA. But the director didn't care and don't care even to this day..

As the elevator reached the floor and opening the door, Jennifer stepped out and started walking down the stairs, looking around to see the scientists working at hard which pleased her to no end as she wanted to quickly end this problem with ease. Once off the stairs, she asked one of the scientist to determine how far will it be ready for release.

"Not too far, Madam... Of course, everything requires perfection, so to speak." said the scientist. Glad to hear it, Director Augustine stood in front of a giant screen that showed cameras everywhere in Archville as she smiled a secret smile on her face.

###

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I like Zeke's three B's. I found it really amusing upon hearing him say that to a soldier doing his job.

I'm really impressed with the fight. Daniel sure does know how to hold his own with ease, and seems to be enjoying himself at the same time. Which is excellent, because I thought he'd question everything and sulk. I wonder if Molly has that kind of influence over him, since she has a carefree attitude about her, and has a way of sticking like glue to Daniel's side. Also, I'm curious how long it'll be before Neon Girl ends up roped into trouble with Daniel, Molly and Paul? And gosh, what a villainous lady, who doesn't care whatsoever about other peoples children. It'd be ironic if her twin sister ends up with the gene later as a sick twist of fate. I don't know why I said that, but its what popped into my head. Definitely worth the read, and can't wait to see more, Roxie! :D

Roxie1563

Awards
I like Zeke's three B's. I found it really amusing upon hearing him say that to a soldier doing his job.

I'm really impressed with the fight. Daniel sure does know how to hold his own with ease, and seems to be enjoying himself at the same time. Which is excellent, because I thought he'd question everything and sulk. I wonder if Molly has that kind of influence over him, since she has a carefree attitude about her, and has a way of sticking like glue to Daniel's side. Also, I'm curious how long it'll be before Neon Girl ends up roped into trouble with Daniel, Molly and Paul? And gosh, what a villainous lady, who doesn't care whatsoever about other peoples children. It'd be ironic if her twin sister ends up with the gene later as a sick twist of fate. I don't know why I said that, but its what popped into my head. Definitely worth the read, and can't wait to see more, Roxie! :D

Lol, Zeke does have his moments. ;D

Since Daniel is now a Conduit and able to use his powers for the first time since facing Hank, he realizes he'll have to step it up when facing someone of his own equal.

Lol, Molly does really have a carefree attitude and it really rubs off to Daniel, who is more of a brooding character but is slowly changing to being a little happier.

As for Neon Girl, actually she is going to be the few reasons for Daniel, Molly, and Paul to track down; See, she knows something that is related to the Director of D.U.P. of Archville.

Jennifer Augustine is very, very cold and sadistic.. She's a sociopath, but you have no idea how far beside killing off Conduits or 'Bio-Terrorists' as she would like to call them. In fact, it's going to be one dangerous battle once Daniel meets her at some point before the final battle. As to the ironic fate, it actually happened, but Jennifer doesn't know that.

Roxie1563

Awards
Okay, it's time for Chapter Six and let me tell you, this is going to be some crazy stuff!! :O

~Chapter Six~

Daniel's eyes were wide open from hearing Molly's recounting the events that occurred after he stopped the Smoke Conduit, Hank. Molly told him about meeting Zeke and leaving New Marias, arriving to Archville only to be stopped by a roadblock manned by the D.U.P., and the recent events including going to the city and helping out the Neon Conduit and of course, minutes ago, the fierce battle between best friends.

"I think that pretty much is everything that has happened so far, Daniel," Molly said as she crossed her legs. "But the thing is, I think I'm way more worried about the D.U.P. being here.. After all, I'm curious as to how they got their hands on the Blast Cores that is now powering up their own technology."

Sighing and rubbing his face, Daniel shifted his weight around and lent back, trying to take all the new information in to his brain. As he began to get some handle on everything, the phone started ringing. Daniel got up quickly and trotted up to the phone that was hanging on the wall in the kitchen and picked it up. It was the School Council.

"Is Mr. Vladamir there? I have some news for him," the voice resembling of that as of a woman. Daniel responded by stating his name and telling her that Paul would be by later on. "I see.. Well, I may inform you as well that to some reluctance of the board members and due to forces beyond our control, we have come to an agreement that starting immediately that you, Daniel Miles and Paul Vladamir, are expelled from Archville High and you won't be able to graduate. I'm sorry," the woman said and hung up.

His mouth dropping and shock on his face, Daniel hanged up the phone and turned to Molly, who was curious. "Who was that, Daniel?" asked Molly as Daniel slowly walked back to the couch and sat down. Still reeling from the unexpected news, Daniel shook his head and told Molly what happened, which made Molly upset, but couldn't do anything but say sorry to him. "What will you do now, now that you can't graduate..?" asked Molly, her face full of worry.

"I don't know, but I do know that Paul is going to be pissed.. And I have to be the one to tell him," Daniel said, anger in his voice but quickly changed to a quiet tone. To keep his mind off from this news, he looked at the gaping hole and decided it would be better to start building. He asked Molly if she wanted to help, which she replied with a smile on her face and nodding her head.

Daniel chuckled at this while getting up from the couch and helping Molly up from the couch as well, the both of them heading outside to look at the damages and wondering to either use the supplies from the back side of the cabin or head into the city to get some new boards.

--------

At the D.U.P. HQ, Jennifer, sitting in her chair and looking over the file of a Bio-terrorist calling herself "The White Rabbit" whom was captured the first week of the D.U.P's rising to power. "Hm, interesting facts of this White Rabbit. Apparently, this one has the power of Paper Manipulation and is considered extremely dangerous.. Good. This is the perfect one to test the boy's powers." She thought to herself while waiting for the Bio-terrorist to arrive to her office for a 'unique' offer.

While reading the files and papers, she looked at her computer to check the activity in the city and is quickly angry to see the Neon Conduit at it again. She only could watch in anger as the small group of D.U.P. soldiers being defeated by the Neon Conduit, whom she looked at the camera and gave a kiss to it, knowing she is being watched but didn't care, proceeding to take care of the one soldier who is quickly defeated.

Rising up and yelling in anger, she quickly regained her senses and sat down on her chair as the door to her office opened, the Bio-terrorist being led by two Pawn Soldiers in suppression cuffs (which covers the hands as to prevent using powers) and was forcibly by the soldiers to sit down on a chair.

The director nodded her head to tell the soldiers to stand behind and that she and the prisoner will be just fine. "After all, Rabbit, we're fine... Aren't we?" asked Jennifer to the Rabbit, which she slightly nodded by her head, eyes down to the floor. "Good. Now, I have been going through your files and I'm surprised to see that you know my sister, but that doesn't matter because as of now, you work for me," she stated with a smile on her face. "See, I know all about your parents and I know of your special powers to use paper as a weapon to silent your enemies as you did to my soldiers the day we heard of you."

The Rabbit raised her head to hear the mention of her parents and ignored her smile, but quickly looked up as the director told her that " I know that you desire freedom from the prison that is called Cudan Cay, but to have that freedom, I'm willing to give you one offer." Curious to hear about this 'offer', she gave Jennifer her undivided attention as she proceed to hear out Director Augustine' words.

Smiling, Jennifer goes on to say that this offer is only good for some time, but warns her that if she backs out, life in Cudan Cay will become more harder than usual: " You think you're safe inside your cell? Think again, because if you refuse, I will let the guards have some fun with you... and if you do manage to report it, I will ignore it," said Jennifer coldly as she rose up from her chair then made her way around the table and sat down on the corner of her table. She bent down and used her hand to lift the girl's face to force her to look up.

Gulping at this, Rabbit nodded her head to say, "Okay, Okay, I'll do it!" Director Augustine let go of her hand and went on to say more. "Now, my offer is that you're my hired assassin and I want you to kill these targets, including him," Jennifer said as she grabbed the hit list on her desk and showing it to the White Rabbit. "Once that is done, you will have my word that your freedom is given, of course."

To show her proof of words, Jennifer silently unlocked the Rabbit's suppression cuffs and took it off, knowing what would happen as she planned it from the start. The Rabbit, shock on her face then quickly smiled at this, quickly stood and turned around, her hands freed, proceed to summon papers that was laying around the Director's table and used it to kill the guards, whom quickly fell to their deaths.

The White Rabbit created an mask in the shape of a rabbit to cover her face and taking a long look at her new uncertain friend then proceed to escape the office through the open window, flying away using her paper wings, heading for her new targets starting with Martha Miles, former congresswoman for Archville Senate.

Jennifer Augustine watched all this happen with an sadistic grin on her face, went to the window and closed it then walked to her chair and sat down while picking up the phone, calling for Morgue to come on and pick up the bodies. "Now the fun really begins.. I do hope the boy is ready for the most horrible scene he'll see once he arrives home," she thought to herself while sipping her coffee.

-------

Huffing and puffing, Daniel hammered some nails to the newly built wall to fix the gigantic hole that was caused by Paul's backhand yesterday while looking to check on Molly. He was shocked to see the boards moving by itself and fixing the wall, but it was actually Molly using her powers to make it easier on herself.

Molly grinned at Daniel while using her left hand to lift several nails up in the air and pushing them against the wall, saying "I thought it would be easier to do this way than yours, which apparently it is.. and beside, you take forever!"

Daniel rolled his eyes at her and turned to raise the hammer, but slowed to the realization that maybe it's better to let Molly do this to save time. Sighing to himself, he walked backward and lifted his finger to Molly, pointing her to the boards and nails, which she laughed and proceeded to use her powers to quickly get the hole fixed that took less time than normal workers did.

"Ta-Da!!!" Molly laughed as she got up from the fold-chair and skipping to Daniel, who admired her work with a low whistle. "Not bad, kiddo... Not bad!" said Daniel as they put up their supplies back in the shed and walked around to go inside. It was at this time, a red truck pulled up, lights on then off, seeing it was nearly dark. The engine was turned off and a man came out from the left door then closed it and walked toward Daniel and Molly.

Whooping, Molly ran up to the man, whom she recognized as Zeke, the driver who brought her, Daniel, Paul and the schoolmates home. "Hiya, Zeke! What brings you here?" she asked as Zeke picked her up, giving her a hug. Daniel made his way to Zeke and they both shook hand while Zeke dropped Molly to her feet.

"Ah, you must be Daniel.. Glad to see that you're up and around. And to answer your question, Molly, I'm here to talk to you three," Zeke said while looking around for Paul. Clearing his throat, Daniel told Zeke that Paul's sleeping and won't be up for some time and asked him as to how did he find out where Paul lived, which Zeke responded to this: "Oh, Paul told me where he lived in case anything happened and boy, did something really happen!"

Curious about this, Daniel gestured to the door, leading Molly and Zeke inside the cabin. Once inside, he went onto the kitchen to cook some pizza for supper while Molly and Zeke sat on the same couch that he and she sat hours earlier and started talking about their days. It took 20 minutes for the pizza to be ready and when it did, he took it out and let it simmer for a while.

Daniel sliced it to give some equal footing for whenever Paul woke up, Zeke, Molly and himself. Once done, the three of them got their slice of pizza and sat on their respective chairs, eating. Daniel was surprised to hear footsteps behind him and turned to see Paul standing in the kitchen. Smiling, he asked Paul how he was feeling, which to Paul replied with a grunt, making his way to the stemming pizza and grabbing a plate, taking 3 slices of pepperoni pizza and taking his seat next to Molly.

Clearing his throat, Zeke put his plate away and reached in his back pocket for something and took it out, showing the item to be an origami dove. "It was brought to me while talking to one of my sources here in Archville about as to why the D.U.P is here and the thing is... I was told by him not to open it as it was meant for a guy named Daniel. I thought of you, so I came here soon as I could," Zeke said to everybody as he handed it over to Daniel, who was confused at this.

Looking at each other from Molly to Zeke and to Paul, Daniel slowly opened the origami dove and it revealed to him, drawings of a manga, and the back of the paper, letter directed to him. It reeks of malice and, to Daniel himself, death. It reads:

Death is just a passing phase. I've danced with demise and, let me tell you, he's a bad dancer (always stepping on my toes). But I've learned to embrace the macabre to navage its twisted depths. Conduits and 'normals' are at a crossroads, and if we don't look both ways, we'll all be run down. All I want- all I've ever wanted- is harmony between our peoples.
Follow my lead and I'll show you the trail of bodies... Seek out the corpses and you'll find the truth decaying within... Starting off with your dear mother, Martha, and your brother, Mike..

Daniel stood up, his legs pushing the chair away, his breathing increasing, his face horrified and seriously pissed off. He ran from the kitchen to the front door and opened it, heading for Paul's truck. As he stepped out, he heard the others' footsteps and turned to see Paul, his keys out and getting inside his truck, Molly and Zeke going to Z's truck. Shaking his head, he got inside Paul's truck and closed the door as Paul backed up and drove away the cabin toward to Daniel's house which was inside the city less than 25 minutes away, tires squealing as did Zeke's truck.

Daniel hoped against hope that his family would be okay, but he knew from the letter that it was futile either way, his eyes starting to stream tears of anger and sadness.

###

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Damn. I seriously hope Daniel makes it in time! The Rabbit seems like an interesting villain, and yet, I feel like this is against her will... unless she really likes killing people. In that case, Jennifer sure does know how to pick them, and start a ton of chaos. Speaking of the woman, Jennifer is an evil woman. For real, your going to let guards have fun with the girl. Geez, I didn't think she could go any lower, and was surprised at this development. I like how the Neon Conduit is making fun of her though. As for Daniel and Molly, they make a good combination. I imagine Molly is actually younger than Daniel. Great chapter, Roxie. I noticed some grammar mistakes, but that's up to you, if you'd like me to point them out or not. ;3

Roxie1563

Awards
Damn. I seriously hope Daniel makes it in time! The Rabbit seems like an interesting villain, and yet, I feel like this is against her will... unless she really likes killing people. In that case, Jennifer sure does know how to pick them, and start a ton of chaos. Speaking of the woman, Jennifer is an evil woman. For real, your going to let guards have fun with the girl. Geez, I didn't think she could go any lower, and was surprised at this development. I like how the Neon Conduit is making fun of her though. As for Daniel and Molly, they make a good combination. I imagine Molly is actually younger than Daniel. Great chapter, Roxie. I noticed some grammar mistakes, but that's up to you, if you'd like me to point them out or not. ;3

The Rabbit is basically just some hired assassin to keep him busy until Operation: Beast is up and running, but she's a real threat either way.

Yeah, I did say she is very sadistic, so she doesn't really care much beside getting rid of Conduit/Bio-terrorists. :/

Lol, they are, aren't they? And sure, I like hearing some critiques. :) Makes me want to better myself.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Roxie1563

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

You know, it does sounds better when you put it in that way. :3

Maybe I should let you be my beta reader or spell proof it..? ;) I mean, it would help if you're up to it.

Roxie1563

Awards
Just some update for readers: I'll try to post something with the next week as to get this going. ^_^

The chapter will deal with what the letter said and the aftermath of it.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Okay, I'm all caught up! And I was a little sad to see your next chapter wasn't already up, I really want to know what will happen when Daniel gets to his family! Are we going to be seeing a big fight with the rabbit? It will be interesting to see indeed...

Roxie1563

Awards
Okay, I'm all caught up! And I was a little sad to see your next chapter wasn't already up, I really want to know what will happen when Daniel gets to his family! Are we going to be seeing a big fight with the rabbit? It will be interesting to see indeed...

I'll try to get the next chapter up, hopefully by the end of the day. :3

It's exactly not a fight per sec, but there will be a chase that leads to the Neon Conduit and the obtaining of new powers. :3

Roxie1563

Awards

~ Chapter Seven~

25 minutes later, Paul pulled up to the Miles' home then parked to the side as Zeke did the same behind him when Daniel opened the side door rather fast and stood in the open, staring at what appeared to be dozens of police cars sitting everywhere and the officers doing their job as well C.S.U.

Fearing the worst, Daniel slowly made his way up to his home, his friends coming up behind him and almost got close to the garage when one of the officers stopped him from going in. "Sir, I'm sorry, but you can't come in; This is an murder scene," the officer woman said to him. Daniel started to say something to the lady when the medical examiner came out through the front door along with the victim inside the body bag that was being carried on a gurney. As the examiner walked to the van, the gurney was pulled down to the ground caused by an crack in the road, the body bag's zipper broke and an arm of a female came out, full of what appeared to be paper cuts all over the arm.

Daniel gasped when he recognized the ring that he gave to his mom for Mother's Day a year ago still on her index finger and he knew. He didn't feel nor register the pain in his knees as he fell down hard, tears coming down on his face. Then he screamed in anguish and grief for he lost his dear mother who always has been there for him and his brother throughout their childhood to teenage years. He sniffed as Molly wrapped her arms around his neck, her head on his; Paul and Zeke's hands on his shoulders in compassion.

"What am I going to do..? Mom's gone and the only living family member I have left is my brother," Daniel thought to himself then suddenly got up to his feet when he realized that he hasn't seen Mike anywhere and started running into the house, swatting away the officer woman while hoping he hasn't been killed. He screamed for his brother once he stepped inside the gristly living room in his house.

"Mike, Mike! Where the hell are you?!" Daniel shouted loudly, despite his voice being hoarse from crying. He reached their bedroom and was glad to see his brother was safe until his eyes strayed down to the cuffs that was on Mike's wrists. "The hell is going on?" he wondered as the police dragged his brother away and outside with Daniel following as well. He turned to one of the arresting officer and demanded that he releases Mike right away or else.

"My brother didn't do this; I know him extremely well and he's no stone cold killer!" Daniel yelled to the officer. "I'm sorry, but as of now, he's the prime suspect," the officer said to the teen, "I know you think your brother didn't do it, but we have proof that says otherwise." The officer left with his partner back to the police headquarter, Mike in tow. Daniel will never forget the face Mike made, for it was full of terror and disbelief as they backed out of the driveway and drove away.

Yelling in frustration, he kicked the mailbox as hard as he could, which caused it to splinter apart from the force of it. It was then he groaned and moaned in sadness and confusion at what is going on around him as he once again fell to his knees, his hands spread apart on the wet concrete, for it started raining in mild succession.

It felt like forever to Daniel, but in reality it was just a few minutes when he finally got up and turned to see Paul, Molly, and Zeke looking at him in sadness. Sighing, he started to walk toward them when he noticed an strange girl wearing what appeared to be an mask of a rabbit on a roof nearby. She waved at him then scampered away, papers floating around. He realized that it was the real killer and growled in anger as he gave chase at the mysterious killer.

Daniel didn't hear his friends shouting for him to come back, but by the time he reached the alleyway, the voices drowned away. Panting, he looked around and found an vent that leads up to the building's roof. Using his smoke powers, he smoke-dashed up the vent straight up to the roof then when he popped out of the vent, he landed on the roof, his feet hitting the solid concrete as he looked around for the mysterious girl that ran away. He got a fleeting glimpse of some paper floating down, not far away and gave chase when he reached the original spot where the girl was.

Daniel looked down the street then turned around to see the masked girl standing not too far from 20 yards away in front of him. Unable to see the true face of the girl, they stared at each other for a bit when the girl spoke to him. "Hello, Daniel," she replied to him while looking at her nails, "I'm sorry about your mother. Truly, I am.. I didn't ask for this, you know?" She pointed out as she set one hand on her hip, the other sweeping her mini-skirt, her masked eyes looking on the teen Conduit.

Daniel chuckled at this, shaking his head at the ridiculous claim. "Right.. I'm supposed to believe you, huh?" He took one long look at her and told her this as he was still upset about his loss. "Well, if you're really sorry about it, why don't you give yourself up to the local police?"

"I don't think so," the mysterious girl spoke to him as she decided to sit down on a nearby chair, crossing her leg on the other, her hand cupping her chin. "At least, not yet.. See, I never ever wanted to kill your family, but I was forced to, no thanks to the director of the Archville D.U.P, Jennifer Augustine. She has hired me to do some contract works," she said in her hush tone as she continued, "In exchange for my freedom and my parents as well."

Daniel's eyebrows furrowed at this and wondered why her mother had to die. What was so dangerous about her mom that this Jennifer had her killed? Unknowing that he spoke his thought out loud, he was surprised to get a response to that.

"Your mother, Martha, used to work for her during her time in the Senate and was at one point refused to put one of her suggestion into law. That suggestion, Daniel, was the means to remove the powers of a Conduit away.." The White Rabbit said quietly while watching for some reaction from him, but not before adding this: " For good."

Daniel's reaction was shock then anger for a full minute then became happy when he realized that Mom must had known he had powers yet didn't tell him for some reason. Pondering on this, he looked around his environment before asking this to the girl: "So.. What now?"

Smiling an thin smile at him, she got up on her feet and slowly walked to him. When she reached him, she put her hand on his face and started stroking him lightly while speaking to him. "Now.. I'm going to keep hurting people that I don't even know for my family's sake," she said as she looked at him, "But you can change that, Daniel."

"How's that?" Daniel asked her as he removed her hand in an gentle manner but holding it.

"Start by helping your brother and the other Conduits around here," The Rabbit said, using her other free hand to gesture to the city. "And ending Augustine's rule over your home." She finished as she took her hand back away from Daniel and walking past him, causing Daniel to turn around as well.

"Wait!" Daniel asked as the Rabbit started to jump down to the ground, but paused to listen. "I need to know your name.. Just so I know if I see you again." The girl, despite the mask, smiled at this and gave her name. "It's Celia.." She got her one knee up then the other on the scaffold and fell down.

Gasping, Daniel ran to the edge of the roof and was laughing quietly when he saw her flying away with the help of her paper powers to make wings. "Cool.." he quietly said to himself.

An hour later, he returned to Paul's cabin and was quickly hugged by Molly when he stepped in through the door.

"You're back!!" Molly screamed as Paul and Zeke looked on from the kitchen, apparently drinking coffee.

Daniel gave her a big grin and rubbed her hair then went into the kitchen, grabbing a soda from the fridge while taking a seat out and took a long drink. After a few minutes gone by, he looked up to the three and told him what he saw and what had happened an hour ago then took another drink from his soda.

It was Paul who popped the question. "So, what's next for you and your brother? I mean, you two can stay here for a while until you get your feet back," he offered, which Daniel responded by nodding his head. Finishing his drink, Daniel outlined his plans for the time being.

"First thing, I got to get my brother out of there then I guess, probably working on a way to find more Conduits if we're going to have some chance of bringing my mother's killer to justice," Daniel spoke to his friends. "After that.. I dunno."

Zeke told Daniel that he'll be talking to his sources about this Jennifer person, saying to him, "If there is anything about her, I'm going to find out and update you, bro."

Smiling and thanking Zeke for his offers of help, Daniel asked Molly to see if she can track down that Neon Conduit she helped out. "I have this feeling we're going to need her for some reason.. And beside, she might know more about Jennifer that could be beneficial to us."

Molly gave him the most beautiful smile and promised she'd try, speaking, "But it's not going to be easy; See, she has the power of Neon, so finding her is going to be some hard work, but nothing that I can't handle!" She finished by pumping her hands up to the air and bringing back to her chest, giving her the most determination look to everybody which brought all of them laughing, despite everything that had happened in so much short time.

Giving out a loud sigh, Daniel pardoned himself and went to his guest room, closing the door while striping down to nothing to take a shower. Once the shower were on, he jumped in and moaned happily at the hot water melting down the sore muscles, taking his time.

Once he felt better, he put on his underwear and short and laid on his bed. It was then he went through his memories of his family from the good and to the worse and turned to his side, closing his eyes, tears streaming in grief.

###

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back