• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Incredibles 2 (and Cars 3) Are Happening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I'm hyped as hell, Incredibles has to be one of the top childhood movies a lot of people wanted to see for a real sequel. Cars 3, I could do without it, but after the mature leap Cars 2 took over its predecessor I won't deny my curiosity as to what they'll do next.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
While I don't really care about Cars, I'm STOKED to finally hear that they're making an Incredibles sequel! :D Still one of my personal favorite Pixar films!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I didn't know hell finally froze over?

But hell yes, I am excite. I'm hoping they've gone through some aging though, I want to see an older Jack Jack (not as in adult, just, you know, not a baby)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
well good the film that actually merited a sequel is finally getting one

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is sort of a criticism, mind me, but it seems practical that any firm in the entertainment industry will reconnect back years later (10 for The Incredibles) to shoot for a sequel, spin-off, or prequel. I suppose I understand some of the reasons why, such as fan demand, nostalgia forthcoming, and an open opportunity to develop on the original piece, but I noticed that this is slowly becoming a trend for Pixar. It's true, with success they have seen, why change the formula?

In a future (where we are still alive, and not zombies) could we see the number of sequels, spin-offs, or prequels out number the original movies that were (in hopes) full of original concepts? (That is, if you believe in originality anymore with 7.3 billion people on this planet)
This is something, I personally, would not want to happen.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
FINALLY. I just watched this a few weeks ago, about time this gets some confirmation.
Oh and Cars 3, that's cool I guess. Could live without it

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
pixar is still making original movies. also, their sequels have typically been pretty strong. it's fine, considering this film had a lot of potential for a sequel and fans actually wanted it to happen.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
pixar is still making original movies. also, their sequels have typically been pretty strong. it's fine, considering this film had a lot of potential for a sequel and fans actually wanted it to happen.

All of their sequels have been strong? What about Cars 2?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

i'm ignoring the cars films because

1) i haven't seen them

2) people generally agree the franchise as a whole is bad anyway

but toy story 2 and 3 as well as monsters university were all pretty decent (with MU being the weakest movie of the bunch, but that was kind of expected given it was a prequel)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
The thing is that not only did The Incredibles merit a sequel; it was the one film in the whole Pixar catalogue that was geared for sequels. I'm so excited for this! x3

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I wonder how I2 will be set up. I am definitely stoked for it no matter what though. I just hope to see them all be older instead of being right after the events in the first movie.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I'm semi-upset there are some people who don't agree that this movie has been one of the most deserving of a sequel in my life's memory. I don't see I2 falling flat on its face, I just can't.

I'm guessing some people are just to wary of it because they felt the last few Pixar movies (not to mention Cars 2) weren't... up to Parr. :D

blksabbath74

Yeah, much as I loved Cars, and the shorts Mater's Tall Tales ("Shoot, you oughtta know, you was there!"), Cars 3 was not a good movie. It went in an interesting direction, but just fell so, so short of the original.

Definately pumped about Incredibles 2 though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back