• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inception

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED TO SEEEEEEEEEE THIS BECAUSE OF ELLEN PAGE

also looks like a great concept in general

fyeah dream bending

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
This is an amazing film. First movie I've seen where one of my friends said, "I have to see that at least two more times." And I completely agree, I'm seeing this again soon. This is why Chris Nolan is my favorite (recent) writer/director.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
This is an amazing film. First movie I've seen where one of my friends said, "I have to see that at least two more times." And I completely agree, I'm seeing this again soon. This is why Chris Nolan is my favorite (recent) writer/director.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Very much agreed. Absolutely blown-away. This may be my favorite movie. :D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So this movie is nothing short of the greatest film I have ever seen.
I'm a very cynical movie person and I often sit in films with my checklist of things that go wrong, but the movie passed clear and true.
I saw it for the second time today and already crave watching it again.

Also, about the ending
The only time the totem doesn't stop spinning is when they're in a dream of Mal's. Meaning, if the totem continues spinning, the entire movie is a part of Mal's dream.

Last edited:

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I'm glad so man people enjoy this movie. Hopefully there will be a surge of good, well made, original movies now. And I have to say, I love the score for this movie. I might buy it some time this week.

I've considered buying scores before, but I really need this one.

edit:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Depending on how Nolan truly ended it (the way he believes it ends), he could make another one that's just as good, but I very much doubt he will.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
The pacing has got to be the most perfect pacing Nolan has ever nailed.
Acting was right on the dime; all the logic of the world made sense; plot twists were never nonsensical or made the previous truths irrelevant; writing was perfect; chemistry between Mal and (Todd?) was inspirational and tangible; the movie builds itself up without ever collapsing upon itself; the tension in the ending is so strong yet it never snaps and just builds upon its complexity in a way that doesn't ask for unnatural investment of your attention; the movie develops itself through less exposition, and more from visual clues than I'd expect from a world based around logic fabricated from dreams; Leonardo di Caprio delivers his most talented performance yet; the musical score by Hans Zimmer is perfect and engaging.

Christopher Nolan has made the best 2 and a half hour roller coaster ride I've ever had the privilege of watching. I've NEVER seen a movie twice in theaters, and rarely do I even buy or rent a movie after I've already seen it. This blu-ray is on my fcuking pre-order notification list on Amazon.

I saw this movie after watching The Last Airbender a few weeks back, and going from that to this is like going from giving fellatio to a mangy goat, to having sex with three Jessica Albas.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I agree with everything you said, Dogenzaka. I really do plan on seeing this at least another two times. And I think Cobb's first name is Dom.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Also, about the ending
The only time the totem doesn't stop spinning is when they're in a dream of Mal's. Meaning, if the totem continues spinning, the entire movie is a part of Mal's dream.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As far as totems though, I do wish they had a little more importance. Also, what little gimmick did Page's character's have?

That and a few other questions aside, that was a phenomenal movie, which I need to see at least once more.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

As far as totems though, I do wish they had a little more importance. Also, what little gimmick did Page's character's have?

That and a few other questions aside, that was a phenomenal movie, which I need to see at least once more.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm pre-ordering that fcuking movie, and if I can, I'll go see it again. Best. Movie. Ever. X3 <3333333

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That doesn't really make sense. I saw her knock it over, but I didn't understand the importance of that. The only real purpose her totem had was to show that she paid attention to what Arthur told her by not letting Cobb's hold it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyways...the movie was really good and well thought out....almost perfect pacing. I liked how the actors portrayed their characters very well....and the ambiguous ending was great. I also like how the beginning was the end of the movie....it kind of sets up the whole thing. Really well done.

Sempied

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What?
The totem idea with Cobbs was that from the his totem that he got from Mal that when it continues to spin indefinetly he's dreaming, however when it begins to stop/wobble he's in reality. If you noticed at the end the totem begins to wobble, and you hear a small thud sound indicating that it's reality.

However this "Reality" could just be another limbo. If you noticed that his children didn't age at all. (We have no idea how long Cobbs has been on the run, but it's highly likely it's been awhile from the phone call he made that his son does not sound like a toddler, that and they were wearing practically the exact same clothes as he envisioned them from his dream.)

As well where he goes to save Saito that we only see the implication of Saito picking up the gun implying that he woke up. However we see nothing on how Cobbs got back, we only see him waking up on the plane on a so called success.

Throwing that to the side this film was probably on the best original films i've seen in a very long time. From the amazing acting to Nolans perfect interpretation of planting his own Inception into our brains for the ending this film is probably one of the best films i've seen to date.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I might be over-exaggerating just a smidge when I say that this movie gobbles The Matrix up, vomits it out with disgust, then forces James Bond to slurp it up through a straw.

All of the acting was phenominal, as were the writing, score, and visual effects. I've never felt that the price for a Blu-Ray movie was worth it until I saw this movie; I am definitely purchasing this on Blu-Ray when it's released. Christopher Nolan has reached a new level in my eyes.

The ultimate outcome of the ending hinges on whether Limbo is something that can be directly awoken from or not. If so, then Cobbs was able to be reunited with his children, just as he believed. However, if that isn't the case, then he must still be in Limbo, because he would have then awoken inside one of the other dream layers. I'd like to believe that he actually woke up, but I still have a reasonable doubt about whether he did or not....

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
A slightly challenging movie, took me a bit to piece it together in my mind. When I first walked out of the theater I was just like "meh. confusing. idk." But some time after coming home I realized that I actually really liked the plot. Also, the acting and visuals were great. I didn't know Michael Caine was to be in it, so I was pleasantly surprised - though I would've loved to see a bigger role.

Please don't make a sequel.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I adored this movie, and I really want to see it again. The acting, the plot, the music, and the visuals were all superb. Ellen Page is adorable.
Thought it was funny that DiCaprio had a crazy wife inside his head in this movie and in Shutter Island.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
What?
The totem idea with Cobbs was that from the his totem that he got from Mal that when it continues to spin indefinetly he's dreaming, however when it begins to stop/wobble he's in reality. If you noticed at the end the totem begins to wobble, and you hear a small thud sound indicating that it's reality.

However this "Reality" could just be another limbo. If you noticed that his children didn't age at all. (We have no idea how long Cobbs has been on the run, but it's highly likely it's been awhile from the phone call he made that his son does not sound like a toddler, that and they were wearing practically the exact same clothes as he envisioned them from his dream.)

As well where he goes to save Saito that we only see the implication of Saito picking up the gun implying that he woke up. However we see nothing on how Cobbs got back, we only see him waking up on the plane on a so called success.

Throwing that to the side this film was probably on the best original films i've seen in a very long time. From the amazing acting to Nolans perfect interpretation of planting his own Inception into our brains for the ending this film is probably one of the best films i've seen to date.

That didn't really answer anything lol

Please don't make a sequel.

Seconded.

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Ariadne

For the people like me who aren't mythology buffs and thought Ariadne was just another weird name. Fitting, isn't it?

I thought that name seemed Greek for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back