• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In your opinion, did ReMind fix the game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
It's common knowledge that KH3 was controversial. It had great moment and also more criticized moments.
So I want to know: if you were to discover Kh3 today with ReMind included, would your opinion of the game be different than one year ago?

I can start:

For me the game is much better right now. All the initial questions related to the dark seeker saga have been answered. The only remaining questions are here to bootstrap the next saga and I am fine with that.
I still don't know how I feel about the redundancy of the keyblade graveyard section though. Yes, it serves the story to do it once again, but it also alter negatively the initial visit in the main game. Now when we will play it, we will feel like cutscenes are missing. It's a bold move and it makes sense storywise, but I feel like it doesn't serve the pacing of the endgame revelations.

Your turn.

darknessofheart

Awards
I wouldn't say it fixed the base game's problems, but I'm still extremely satisfied with the game now. I enjoyed the DLC immensely and much more than a large portion of the game.

Beyond that, the premium menu has allowed me to enjoy the combat so much more, especially in earlier sections where abilities are limited. Also, knowing that it's leading to an ending I now enjoy has further supplemented my experience with the entire game. I myself did not have a problem with Xehanort's original death but I enjoyed his destruction in the DLC so much more. The additional scenes and bosses were all great and provided some much needed context.

I've said this before, but I'm now at a point where I enjoy the game so much that other opinions do not sway me, whereas I had to convince myself the base game was everything I waited for. While there are plenty of valid complaints with the DLC, they don't override the genuine enjoyment I had with it and so many great moments.

I finally have the KH3 experience I always wanted. Yes, it should not have taken another year and more money, but my experience with the DLC made me forget all my negative feelings.

So, while it did not fix the game objectively, it fixed it for me and I couldn't be happier about that fact.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
In my opinion, and partly due to the free update it greatly improved gameplay but the story suffered from the same bad writing and weird pace as the base game. Overall I liked the DLC but it wasn't excellent.

This will be an unpopular opinion but I absolutely hate the data greeting feature. It doesn't add any value to the game, it's only worth to ilustrate fanfics, which I'm not fond of either. They could have worked to bring more actual content instead of wasting resorces on that, or at least sell it separately lowering the price of the important DLC so I don't have to pay for a glorified photo mode.

Still, I don't regret buying ReMind, and that's what matters.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
All the initial questions related to the dark seeker saga have been answered.
Mmmm... Saying that ALL the questions from the Dark Seeker Saga (pre-KH3) were answered isn't quite accurate. Not going to list them all here of course, but there were a LOT of things in the series that we never got a proper resolution on.

Anyway, in regards to my own thoughts, I'll just keep it short:

It definitely didn't fix the quality or coherency of the storytelling, if anything it just made it worse.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gameplay wise, I'd say it was a definite improvement, at least in regards to Sora's gameplay. All the other additional characters were fun, if a bit underwhelming (with relatively short experiences for what they are).

Data Greeting and the Premium Menu are definitely more fun to mess around with than the side stuff in the base game too.

AegisXIII

Awards
You said an interesting word: tiresome. I would say messy. And that's sad because it's only due to the fact that some scenes are not in the good order in my opinion. Taken independently, the new scenes are really really great. It's not a lack of content. It's a lack of pacing.
I felt here that the DLC format dictates the narration. It should be the opposite.

Noivern

Awards
Huh, I guess.. ?

I like the new interactions, and how they confirmed a bunch of hunchs we had regarding how things actually happened, but it's all a quick fix to the mess that was the end of the original game, which made the whole ordeal more tolerable but it didn't fix the main problems I had with the game:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall I think Re:Mind was a great addition to KH3 and alongside the update it did make the game feel more complete, but I'm not sure if I would call it a fix.. We had one year between the base game release and the DLC, so between me getting used to what we got and having low expectations for 3, I think I ended up enjoying what we got. But I think if I was a longtime fan who experieced both at once for the first time in 2020 I might still have disliked the "complete" game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Lol no. For them to fix the game for me they'll pretty much have to remake the whole thing. Remind only helped a bit when it came to endgame/postgame and gameplay additions.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You said an interesting word: tiresome. I would say messy. And that's sad because it's only due to the fact that some scenes are not in the good order in my opinion. Taken independently, the new scenes are really really great. It's not a lack of content. It's a lack of pacing.
I felt here that the DLC format dictates the narration. It should be the opposite.

I think that's more or less the crux of the KH series' problems as a whole. Besides having creative ideas to set up a narrative Nomura is really good at writing and directing single independent scenes, but when it comes to connecting them properly into a flowing scenario and flesh out both the dialogue and characters themselves he falls flat.

It's especially blatant in KH 3 because he did indeed most of the writing by himself without much input from other writers.

The need to be always "surprising" and sometimes throwing consistency of the own lore out of the window for it is also only increasing those problems.
More often than not people appreciate following through with a foreshadowed subplot more than constantly subverting things just for the sake of doing it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
No. You can’t fix a house if the foundation is falling apart. IMO the story was never salvageable, you would have to rewrite KH3 AND previous entries for me to think that Kingdom Hearts 3 was better.
Gameplay wise I found vanilla 3 super fun, this DLC is a joy to play but the story is just a nightmare for me.

Nanelle

For me, yes. Overall, yes.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

pssst

If you’re talking about the base game, I think it was fixed. The update made the combat a lot easier to control.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I don't think it fixed KH3. The story problems that where there before still remain. Though in some places it did make things a bit more palatable and it was a fun experience.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't think KH3 needed to be fixed at all. I think the DLC enhanced the game -- both gameplay wise and story-wise. I also think that the DLC did something that no other KH game actually did and that's set-up the sequel game properly. KH1 and KH2 ended with vague "concept" teasers of the next game. I'm all for the stuff we got in KH3 and ReMIND that actually builds a somewhat clear idea of what's coming up/what to expect. They didn't give us enough to spoil it, but they gave us enough to be excited and very curious about it.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I don't think it needed to be fixed, so no. It improved the game which is a given though.

I didn't think KH3 needed to be fixed at all. I think the DLC enhanced the game -- both gameplay wise and story-wise. I also think that the DLC did something that no other KH game actually did and that's set-up the sequel game properly. KH1 and KH2 ended with vague "concept" teasers of the next game. I'm all for the stuff we got in KH3 and ReMIND that actually builds a somewhat clear idea of what's coming up/what to expect. They didn't give us enough to spoil it, but they gave us enough to be excited and very curious about it.

Facts to both posts. I'm in the same camp. And I'm glad that overall, the fanbase feels this way as well. ReMind delivered on what it promised to deliver. Even in the Ultimania, Nomura said he was going to have to explain certain things in the Keyblade Graveyard and show certain things that happened. Most of the stuff we saw in trailers were in the Keyblade Graveyard, so it's not a surprise to me at all that a lot of what we experienced in the DLC was there.

You can't make everyone happy, it is what it is, but I'm really happy with what we got. Especially with the Limit Cut bosses, Data Greeting and Premium Menu goodies. It's my favorite game in the series now. KH2FM might teeter in and out of that spot just due to nostalgia and what it brought to the table, but man, KH3RM is one hell of a package now.

Just like how people fell in love with KH2FM years after the fact, I think with what KH3RM brought, it'll be the same experience. There's people who disliked KH2FM's story back then and still do now, so I don't think KH3RM's gonna be any different in that sense, but I do think that as a whole experience now, KH3RM will be seen in a really great light. And that's what I've believed from the beginning.

One last point I'll touch on... Pricing might be a thing now, but six months from now, I don't think people are gonna care. What they'll remember is what the DLC brought as a whole. Just like FFXV, people hated the Season Pass episodic format thing, but look how much people overlooked that now. Now you can buy the Royal Edition, and while it was a big upset at the time... Nobody cares anymore. KH3's the first fully-fleshed out game in the HD generation that's internet-ready, so Final Mix practices being implemented into DLC has some growing pains for many. But now that we're finally moving on, I think great things are on the horizon.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
The main game still suffers in the story department, namely that nothing happened until after the Disney worlds were done. Once we got to that point it was almost truly the climax of 20 years of games we’d been praying for. So I’m satisfied with KH3’s imperfect story.

That said, the DLC’s main appeal for me was playing as the other characters during the Keyblade war. In hindsight though, the only one that truly mattered was Kairi Vs Master Xehanort. Riku had already been playable, so had Aqua, and Mickey’s new attacks were admittedly cool but nothing special. Roxas was cool but the arena felt too small and Saix is still too much of a cakewalk. Playable Scala was really cool, as was the Guardians Vs Replicas fight and Mickey’s last stand.

Limit Cut is astonishingly misguided and I was horrified to learn I had to beat all 13 battles to beat the episode, let alone make my way to the secret boss. I definitely wanted challenge like everyone else but I would’ve preferred that there not be prerequisite to finishing the secret stuff, let alone this much. I wish we could’ve had the option for party members or something.

It’s not bad, the new content is cool, but there were several points I was turning my brain off and waiting for the next fight. Kairi got some well earned love at last, though.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
in my opinion, yes!!! I've had more fun playing KH3 now than any other KH game, thanks to ReMind. To more casual players who don't understand mechanics, the adjustments made in 1.09 and ReMind's boss design might be easy to overlook, but the level of intricate balance is actually staggering for Osaka team. This team made BBS and DDD. They made KH3. Balance and scaling was a complete unknown to them. Base KH3 STILL has horrid scaling issues when you play with EXP Zero.

But in ReMind/Limit Cut, you can play at Level 1 and still deal decent damage, with all the same fun and risk of playing at Level 1 in past games. I know a lot of you are grumpy that Limit Cut is so hard, but honestly, the prevailing sentiment should be a positive one-- These bosses are VERY well designed, fair, and rewarding. If the team only hears complaints, we could be right back to lazy, random boss fights that can break out of your combo at random and hard punish you for trying to learn. It is nothing short of a miracle that we got 14 incredibly intricate bosses in KH3RM, and I'm not ready to go back to mediocrity.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
in my opinion, yes!!! I've had more fun playing KH3 now than any other KH game, thanks to ReMind. To more casual players who don't understand mechanics, the adjustments made in 1.09 and ReMind's boss design might be easy to overlook, but the level of intricate balance is actually staggering for Osaka team. This team made BBS and DDD. They made KH3. Balance and scaling was a complete unknown to them. Base KH3 STILL has horrid scaling issues when you play with EXP Zero.

But in ReMind/Limit Cut, you can play at Level 1 and still deal decent damage, with all the same fun and risk of playing at Level 1 in past games. I know a lot of you are grumpy that Limit Cut is so hard, but honestly, the prevailing sentiment should be a positive one-- These bosses are VERY well designed, fair, and rewarding. If the team only hears complaints, we could be right back to lazy, random boss fights that can break out of your combo at random and hard punish you for trying to learn. It is nothing short of a miracle that we got 14 incredibly intricate bosses in KH3RM, and I'm not ready to go back to mediocrity.
I mean I was screaming in agony and crying all my tears facing the data battles, but it really woke me up to the fighting system in KH3 and how interesting and deep it is. I remember when I took on the data battles in KH2 and Lingering Will, I held off on them for a while because I was intimidated, but then I went in and Reflect/Final Form basically took care of them all. No real strategy needed. Even though I wanted to see the secret video after the data battles, I thoroughly enjoyed going through them and it felt like a real accomplishment to beat them.

Back