• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In what order do you like KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivious Light

In descending order from your favorite to least what is yours?
Mine is:
KH II
Re:coded
Days
KH I
CoM

Haven't played BbS yet but from what i hear it is probably going to go right in front of Re: coded for me :D

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Chain of Memories - It and BbS are the only games in the series that seem to follow a specific theme for the entire game. I like that.
Kingdom Hearts II - Despite its many failings, I liked KH2 a fair bit. I was never really able to get into KH1, so KH2 beats it for me.
Kingdom Hearts I - The battle system was a real put-off for me. The camera was hard to manage, and shortcuts were far less useful than in KH2.
358/2 Days - Not terrible, but the lack of exploration, the rehashed worlds, and the simplified battle system were a let-down.

I expect that if I had played BbS, it would probably top the list, and Re:coded would probably be between the main games.

xMikelaw19

KH1- Still, in my eyes,the best game in the series. Had the kh charm, wasnt full of plot holes, and while there were camera issues, thats just how games were back then.

BBS - Brought back the fun factor of kh1 with new characters and really did a good job of adding to te story and making it interesting again.

KH2 - While kh2 had many flaws, i still enjoyed it quite a bit. The story was very complex but it made it that much fun to figure out. My biggest issue is there still making side games to understand the kh2 plot holes.

COM - Fun game for a gba title,stuck to its theme and did a good job of setting the pieces for what would be the kh2 story.

DAYS - Days didnt do much for me.It had a few cool moments, but i really didnt care for xion at all. While many people found her part of the story sad, i really didnt care about her. Decent game but we could of did without it.

RECoded - Didnt get it yet so verdict is out.

αsiя

space coke
KH1 - Had a lot of charm that really didn't take itself serious. It relied on Disney and Final Fantasy to be what it is. The game is outdated but to me it's still the best in the series.

KH:BbS - Although the story is a complete mess by this time and I seriously don't give two shits about the characters (except maybe Sora), the gameplay is very fun is the only reason I kept on playing (oh and because of the Disney too.)

KH2 - Although not a bad game it still has it's flaws. When KH2 first came out I was still a little fanboy but I have to admit that I got disappointed over the direction the series was heading. Back then I had no problems with the gameplay and I even found the no challenge in the game to be what I wanted, but when I play it now I can't seem to enjoy because of how easy it is.

Days - Shit story, boring characters, slow ass pacing, meh gameplay. The only thing going for me was the level system panel. This is the first KH game where I pushed myself to finish it because I was a fan of the series.

I haven't played Re:coded and I never finished CoM so I can't judge them.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I still find the first game to be the best of the series. The gameplay felt flawless and balanced. It incorporated a lot of strategy compared to other games. It had things like finding Dalmatians, Trinity Marks, etc. that kept you going back. The optional bosses are pretty tough compared to most of the other games. Birth by Sleep is the only one that came close to having strong optional bosses. The cutscenes were wonderfully voice acted. I really love Birth by Sleep but it gets unbalanced very easily making future bosses extremely easy and it's not as lengthy as the first game but that's to be expected from a PSP game. I felt like Kingdom Hearts II was lacking things like space to Dodge Roll, elemental weaknesses not strongly incorporated, less strategy, etc. but it was still a fun game nevertheless. Re:Chain of Memories was definitely fun and my only complaint was the sloppy world designs. For 358/2 Days, I'm not really a fan of mission based games and it gets very irritating and feels very unrewarding. Re:coded is a bit self explanatory. The storyline isn't the best in my opinion but the gameplay is alright.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded

xMikelaw19

i agree with the post above. Kh1 felt like a true rpg and incorpated strategy and just simple little things like climbing ladders or swimming. Its the little things that seperate it.

ChrisP

KH2 -Best of the series in my opinion. Gameplay was great, story was great aside from a few flaws.
KH1 -I never really got into this game as much as KH2. Had a few flaws here and there which made it not as good as KH2 imo. I still love this game though.
BBS -Unique fighting and awesome story. Main flaw is that it was for the PSP, which wasn't as enjoyable as PS2.
Re:Coded -Extremely unique game, the changes to each world is really fun. Battle system is improved and great.
358/Days -Gameplay was boring after a while...Way to repetitive. I enjoyed the story a lot though which is why I listed it in front of CoM
CoM -Hated the card system, although the story was pretty good.

rascus213

bbs
kh2
kh1
Re:com
sorry but kh1 was frustrating to play through, didnt have as good voice acting, didnt really like alot of the character designs i do however wish more things like trinities and more explorable worlds had been added to kh2
bbs is my favorite though, best battle system, and while it was short, and i would have liked a little more interaction between tav im honestly more interested in them than sora now, it brought me back into the kh universe and blank points got me excited for whats ahead in sora's future

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
KH1 > BBS > CoM > KH2 > Days

didn't and probably won't play Re:Coded. Doesn't interest me anymore.

terraisawesome12

Days- For obvious reasons
BBS- More fun than the others, plus Terra...but Sora's role ruined it for me. And other things.
CoM- Hate the card system, like the storyline.
KH1- Good, but not my favorite.
KH2- My least favorite of them all.

I don't think I'll play Re Coded, I want another game where Sora isn't the main character.

KHHacker6595

KH1, I've made threads about it and said it before. Kingdom Hearts 1 had structure, all the worlds blended into one another, the game had excellent platforming, a better simpler plot, not too much characters and events confusing you throughout the game. The game feels classic and original. The battle system may have not been the best but i actually had a challenge playing this game and Donald and Goofy were actually useful besides healing you. The World selection was a million times better, and I still love playing through these worlds time and time again, but not in the constant rehashes of them within Re:COM and Re:Coded. Anyone that thinks anyone of the games is better than KH1 clearly started the series late and cant appreciate good work, well that my opinion at least.
BBS, the characters, the story, the originality, and the connections to the original game made me enjoy this a lot, the world selection mostly the 3 Princess of Heart worlds, the Battle System, and the Villains made me love this game. It is basically one point away from being as good as KH1, it still lacks structure, i feel like your just going to worlds to go to worlds, nothing more. still its the only one since KH1 that i actually play over multiple times.
KH2, this game definitely does not have structure or good world selection, its not challenging, the plot is ridiculously twisted with characters and events, but for some reason i loved it, the epicness of the story, twisted story it may be, had me constantly wanting to see what happens next. the organization and there impact on the worlds was interesting, and revisiting worlds, boring as it is, was refreshing to no it lengthened the story.
Re:COM, the Card system is a more annoying and unfair version of the BBS battle system, but enjoyed it none the less, it had its flaws, mostly just returning to the same worlds, but it switched up the plots, and incorporated the Organization for the first time and made them interesting and mysterious.
Re:Coded, it incorporated the BBS battle system, the Days panel system, the KH1 and Re:COM worlds, and the hacking system and plot of coded, but managed to almost be worse than all of them. It another rehash of KH1 with KH1 soras design and the same worlds, used for nostalgia sake, but the game was alright and kept me interested.
Days, it is the weakest of the series, the mission system was not kingdom hearts at all, but being apart of the organization and seeing how they operate was interesting, the characters were not interesting, the worlds were the same as in KH1 and KH2, and they seemed less interesting, even Neverland which they added to.
Lets hope KH 3D can top BBS or even the original, and bring the good old Kingdom Hearts feel back. Im still waiting on KH3 to be the best game in the series

Faeiri

KH1 - Might be nostalgia, but I think it has the best storyline, and the battles are fun even if they're a little...flawed. (pff I should have more to say about my favorite game)
CoM - More good storyline, and this half of Org. XIII seemed more believable and developed than the others. I actually didn't have much trouble with the card system - I wasn't good at it, exactly, but if you have enough high-point cards you can practically button mash as much as in the others. Also, the final battle music is strangely epic, since Marluxia isn't even trying to take over the world.
Re:Coded - I haven't beat it yet, but so far the gameplay is amazingly fun. Command deck, stat matrix, yesss. Even though the story is a blatant excuse plot, I think it's adorable (auggh wordfail) as a side story...although I haven't gotten through it yet so if it starts failing I'll change my mind
KH2 - The nobodies make no sense. I'm used to that in KH, but if I had no emotions, I probably wouldn't be concerned about faking them while /dying/. The battle system is fun if you're extremely underleveled. It is a good story, and I love the characters, but there are so many problems and it's just...not fun to play through anymore.
Days - I loved this game when I first played it, but after looking at it for longer it seemed more like a great plot executed terribly. Apparently, Xion lives on a balanced diet of ice cream, Sora's memories, and the plot. I like her as a character concept, I even like her backstory, but did she really have to absorb the entire story? Roxas was OOC compared to KH2 and (apparently, haven't gotten there yet) Coded, too. And the final boss should not be a cakewalk at level 1. (I can almost manage a no panel run against Riku, except you can't outrun his homing firaga without glide/haste.)
Xion's themes almost make up for it, though.

I haven't actually played BBS, but I've watched parts of it and both the music and the story are amazing. I think it deserves to be second on my list, but I don't feel right ranking it without playing.

Last edited:

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
KH1
CoM
BBS
KH2
Days

I don't have money to get Re:Coded, so I probably won't get that one. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.