• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In regards to a Kingdom Hearts film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

I realize I'm not the first to say this but, I think KH would work far better as an anime or a CG series of some sort. In my opinion, trying to cram all the critical plot details into 90-120 minutes would NOT be a simple task, and somewhere along the way it would create a plot hole the size of Jupiter. Given the episodic nature of the storytelling and the emphasis on several character perspectives, I think a TV series would work better since it would allow more time to flesh out the characters and worlds. Not to mention, having episodes would allow the plot points to be delivered in chunks; never forcing the newcomers in the audience to have to absorb too much at once.

I'm not sure how it would work business-wise, but from a creative standpoint, it seems to make more sense.

Prince Enigma

No just no .

Legit was going to be my response too, but alas, I was beaten to the punch.

KH would obviously not work as a live action film. People just need to realize that not everything needs to be live action. So much more can be done with animation. Action can be way more intense without having to have a huge crazy budget for special effects. Not to mention all the training for stunts and what-not. For a series like this that has lots of fast-paced, stylized fantasy action, it would be extremely difficult to replicate in live action and the inevitable failed attempt would only disappoint fans.

While not examples of video-game adapted films, two that spring to mind here are Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender, where arguably they would have worked a whole lot better if A) they didn't try making a film adaptation in the first place and, B) they go for an animated film where action sequences notable in there respective source materials could be better recreated or even improved upon with animation offering a less limited venue to achieve this.

My personal feeling regarding a Kingdom Hearts film is that it wouldn't work. Everyone here has already stated good enough reasons why, so I won't repeat. As for a Kingdom Hearts film that tries to be like the Avengers in that it serves as a character compilation film of sorts combining a lot of the series' famous characters, even so, I don't think it would be much of a success. Even with the popular Disney characters in it, you would need some Original Characters too, and I don't know... because this film simply isn't going to happen (at least not any time soon), I don't see the need for me trying to think of ways Disney could market it and whatnot so I digress.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
With all the disney live action remakes coming out I do think it would be a fun but stupid idea of a live action KH movie that use those other live action movies instead of the carton movies and while that would be "fun" to watch it would also be incredibly stupid financially and would probably end up making little to no sense.

So while all of that would be "fun" a KH movie adaptation would just be incredibly stupid.
The only way I see a movie being made is FF VII AC style graphics and not a adaptation of a game but something taking place after, before or on the side of the games

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
In terms of pros and cons, honestly, there are barely any pros when it comes to the KH series. The only pros are that it can make Disney money and possibly make more people knowledgeable about KH, Disney doesn't need KH to "bring the stories together and have it make sense." (Disney already has their own property that does that, the show "Once Upon a Time" is literally Disney's take on what if all the Disney properties were combined and they have made films like Who Framed Roger Rabbit in the past, but they could just cut out WB).

The cons are numerous though, given the laundry list of problems listed above in all the posts. The most important on being finding a director who cares enough for the movie to make more than just a video game cash-in, and the story would be ruined if they didn't at least make it into a few parts. I mean, the average movie has to go through all the basic parts of telling a story. KH can generally accomplish that in a game in 15-20 hours I figure if you rush the game and just run through the story. That's not material you can reduce to 1-2 hours at best, you just can't.

It isn't feasible to reason that they would be able to introduce all of our heros (heck, even if our hero was only SDG and they made a movie on KH1) since they have to assume nobody knows who Sora is (for the people who don't know KH), set up the plot (going on KH1, let's just say that the villains involve just Mali and Riku, cut out the League of Villains, which already is sad), have them travel to all these worlds looking for Riku and Kairi (cause he can't travel to like 2 worlds and just be done) and then have a huge battle at the end all with great character development, an awesome final battle, and touching moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back