• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In Progress

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So, I am wondering if I should upgrade my art supplies. I feel like I am not improving that much. I am also pretty lost on how to improve my work. Anyways, here's my current drawings:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Those drawings are great Dreaded!
I should improve my art supplies too, my friends at school are making me jealous with all their materials. ;_;

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Does anyone have any advice of how I can redeem this drawing? I don't know what to mess up with Riku or Sora's skin color. I picture this scene during sunset or something like.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In terms of the sand and smaller details, your current art supplies seem to work good for it, but for the larger stuff you'll probably need upgrade, though I suggest when buying new stuff to only buy a few at first so you can properly test them out to see if they're worth it or feel the need to try something else. That way you won't feel like you've spent a lot for nothing (I'm always on a budget so I have to be very careful when picking new products.)

Seeing how Kairi's skin is, I believe you'll be fine coloring Riku and Sora's skin, but I completely understand your feeling on not wanting mess it up.

As for improvement, suggestions that comes to mind at the moment is to use references if you're not already, and to sketch things out on another piece of paper before doing it for real. Having the idea out can help big time, even if it's a little scribble on some scrap paper.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I need some advice in regards to shading in lighting. The picture at the bottom is a reference. The character doesn't belong to me, he's named Akio Ohtori from Revolutionary Princess Utena. I don't know if you have heard of it. I want to make the things behind Akio look like stairs along with making everything close to the original reference.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The one below the Grovyle Deadpool, Raichu Deadpool and Sableye Gambit is a reference to the background. I believe the background is from an X-Men vs Streetfighter game.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I like it! The top one could use some narrowing of the eyes, a tweak on the shoulders so the arms look more connected, and the hair could be made less wild, but it's not bad!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I need some advice in regards to shading in lighting. The picture at the bottom is a reference. The character doesn't belong to me, he's named Akio Ohtori from Revolutionary Princess Utena. I don't know if you have heard of it. I want to make the things behind Akio look like stairs along with making everything close to the original reference.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The one below the Grovyle Deadpool, Raichu Deadpool and Sableye Gambit is a reference to the background. I believe the background is from an X-Men vs Streetfighter game.
That looks great Dreaded! I like how the picture on the top is turning out. Sorry that I'm also late to reply. :/

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Keep it up! The first sketch looks like it's coming along well, and the coloring on the last drawing is pretty neat as well.
But also take care of yourself, I hear you that depression can be tough.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Keep it up! The first sketch looks like it's coming along well, and the coloring on the last drawing is pretty neat as well.
But also take care of yourself, I hear you that depression can be tough.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well, I have made some progress. I did try texturing in the first picture above but the second one I erased and inked in the details. Axel/Lea looks a bit like a Chocobo.

astracat111

How to improve the drawings...hmmm...well you could for fun just lurk around and take a bunch of tutorials.

Other than that the obvious thing, which is just keep drawing as much as you can.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
How to improve the drawings...hmmm...well you could for fun just lurk around and take a bunch of tutorials.

Other than that the obvious thing, which is just keep drawing as much as you can.
Thanks. I don't seem to be drawing as much as I used to in the past, though I do what I can do. I just need to stick with finishing my work.
kh3_mickey_with_star_seeker_wip_2_by_ienzo628-dc8duad.jpg
Here's one of my latest works.
https://sylviejean.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Draw-a-Keyblade-148888102 The tutorial with Star Seeker was by this person: sylviejean.

reno_and_mickey_mouse_wip_by_ienzo628-dc8ujkp.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back