• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► In My Heart (reposted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rayndmacc

Total OOCness ahead. Be warned.

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts and the song “You’ll Be in My Heart” (Usher’s version).

---------------
In My Heart
By: Pan
---------------

I got you, I’ll be right there
----------

Ansem was on his way back to his lab where he has confined himself for the past months when he heard a child crying in a distance. Curiosity killed the cat so he followed the cries until it brought him in front of a huge wooden door that led to the room he and his wife shared.

A pang of guilt quickly bit Ansem as he opened the door and saw the figure of his porcelain-skinned wife who carried such a fragile creature in her arms. He had been so consumed by his research that he had failed to attend to his “fatherly” duties. It has been so many months since he last saw his wife and this was, he thought, one of the very rare moments that he saw his son.

He approached his wife and his son hesitantly. The child continued to cry but the mother turned to Ansem and gave him a warm smile.

“I think he’s looking for you,” she whispered softly as she handed the child to Ansem.

Ansem took the child as carefully and gently as he can. To him, his son was a priceless Chinaware- one wrong move and all is lost.

----------
Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand
Hold it tight now

----------

The child eventually stopped crying. He held on Ansem’s hand with his own tiny ones like it was his life. And as his soft pale skin made contact with Ansem, he obediently cuddled in his father’s arms. He stared at Ansem, his turquoise eyes scrutinizing every facial detail.

Ansem studied the fragile figure in his arms. His son had silver hair like his but the child got almost everything from the mother. The turquoise orbs devoured Ansem whole... they were so consuming... so disturbing... yet so comforting.

Ansem thought it was not possible that another being will be able to captivate him as much as his wife did but he stood corrected that day when he took his heir in his arms.

“I’ll get his milk,” Ansem’s wife said before leaving the room.

Ansem was then alone with his son.

----------
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don’t you cry

----------

“D...,” the child hesitated to say something, “...d... da...”

Ansem gave the child a look that encouraged him to try harder.

“Da...d... dy!”

The child smiled widely at Ansem who gave him a small smile that held so much more than the word ‘joy’.

“Dad...dy!” the child proudly repeated. “Dad...dy! Da...ddy!!!”

Ansem was left speechless. He cannot believe that there was more to his life than his precious research. The child’s tiny voice was inexplicably pleasant to his ears and so was being called “daddy”. He found it strange that something so simple gave him so much joy.

The child pulled himself closer to his father and continued saying “Daddy!”.

His wife finally returned with the child’s milk bottle. She stopped halfway towards them and smiled.

“It’s actually his first word,” she cheerfully announced. “He was able to say it before he learned to say ‘mama’.”

“Oh...,” was all Ansem could say.

“He likes you a lot,”

“Really...,”

“Maybe you should spend more time with him,”

Ansem didn’t take his eyes off his son. He didn’t know whether it was because of his strange obsession with the child or because he could not dare look at his upset wife.

The child gave him a soft ‘punch’ on the chest.

“Da...ddy,” the child said with conviction, seemingly scolding Ansem for not spending time with him. His eyes started to well up.

----------
For one so small
You seem so strong now
My arm will hold you
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can’t be broken
Said I’m gonna be here
Don’t you cry

----------

The child pulled himself even closer to his father and gave Ansem a hug. Ansem returned the hug by holding his son tighter.

Ansem’s wife laughed softly.

“You guys are so adorable,” she said.

“Oh really now,” Ansem replied.

“You should do that more often,”

“I can’t,”

She fell silent and frowned.

“It’s your research again, isn’t it?” she said sadly.

The child rested his head on his father’s shoulder and wrapped his arm around his father’s neck.

“Da...ddy...,” the child whispered as he closed his eyes.

----------
‘Cause you’ll be in my heart
You’ll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

----------

Ansem took his son’s right arm off his neck. He reached for the child’s hand and placed it on his chest.

“You feel that?” Ansem asked the child.

The child opened his eyes and nodded.

“Wasat, daddy?” asked the child.

“That’s daddy’s heart,”

“Daddy... haat?”

“Yes,”

“Was haat, daddy?”

“A heart is where a person’s loved one lives,” Ansem explained. “Wherever a person goes, they will always come back to someone’s heart.”

The child nodded and kept his hand on Ansem’s chest.

“Who do you think are in there?”

“Mama,”

“And who else?”

“Wiku?”

“Yes, that’s right,”

“Wiku in daddy’s haat too?”

----------
Why can’t they understand the way we feel
They just don’t trust what they can’t explain
I know we’re different
But deep inside us
We’re not different at all

----------

“Mama!” the child cheerfully called his mother who stood a few steps away from them. “Mama Wiku in daddy’s haat!”

His mother smiled at him.

“Daddy loves you,” she said.

“Mama too, wight, daddy?” the child said, asking verification from his father.

Ansem nodded with a smile.

“Daddy stay,” said the child as he once again wrapped his arms around Ansem’s neck.

“I can’t stay,” Ansem said.

The child held on tighter and began to cry.

“Daddy stay! Wiku miss daddy!”

Ansem pulled away from his son’s tight embrace and placed his hand on the child’s chest where he can feel the child’s heartbeat.

“This is your heart,” said Ansem.

The child continued to cry.

“Am I not here?” asked Ansem.

“Daddy in Wiku’s haat,” the child replied.

“Well, then, what have you to worry about?” said Ansem. “I am in your heart and wherever I go I will always come back to your heart, will I not?”

----------
You’ll be in my heart
Yes you’ll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

----------

“I have to go back to my research,” said Ansem, handing his son to his wife.

The child refused to let go of Ansem but he was stronger so he was able to pull the child away from him.

“No, daddy!” the child screamed. “Daddy stay!”

----------
You’ll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You’ll be right here in my arms, always

----------

The child’s voice continued to echo... and Ansem found himself in the darkness. He realized that it was all a dream- a dream that kept haunting him for the past fifteen years. He expected the memory to leave like how his heart left him long before... but... they kept coming back...

...wherever a person goes, they will always come back to someone’s heart...

And maybe... just maybe... he still has a heart to come home to.

----------
Always

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Comments, suggestions, violent reactions are welcome.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Wow, you made Ansem kinder!

He's a daddy!

I liked how you made the baby talk.

It's a great story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back