• Effective October 15th, all Youtube content threads that are posted within the creative media section will be subjected to being moderated before being displayed. Over the past year we've noticed lots of new members and a few old members that come here to advertise (obviously here since we're the largest Kingdom Hearts fan base community why wouldn't you) their Channel to promote new subscribers, likes, and displaying their media. However there is a huge difference between creative constructive media criticism, and borderline advertisement. So please, before you post here, understand how the creative media section works, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this change please reach out, we always like to hear ideas. Few might not like this idea, but it does help keep my section stay organized and not crazy looking, I would like to keep the traditional platform of what the section main purpose is for. It's to help build new and old artistry to an entire whole level.

Here's how it will work :

• If you post a thread within the creative media section that is youtube content related to your channel, it will be moved to the "Creative Media Youtube Showing Content thread", a sticky'd thread where members can all over discuss and see everyones content all at once rather than making it self promoting, by making your own thread, if you get my drift. The whole idea behind this is to get members involved in everyones media, and the purpose is to showcase your works, but not self advertisement right? Its all about the constructive criticism and giving everyone the same feedback and layout of how display and showcasing video media should look like.

• If you have already posted a thread regarding your youtube content, you will not be affected by this change and your thread will be untouched and you can continue to post and discuss accordingly with your peers.

Social Media Advertisement Content :​

Now I know lots of new members (out of the blue suddenly became youtube friendly, you're not slick) be-aware that you cannot use the Creative Media section as a gateway to advertise your media without wanting, giving and receiving criticism from your forum family. The idea behind the Creative Media is to help showcase and help improve everyones work or arts, whether it's digital, traditional, etc. Not to promote then leave, it's not fair to the community.

• Spoiler tag your spoilers, please. That includes all unknown content from the DLC that was not shown in trailers or discussed in pre-release interviews.

improving photos within aperture (not that it really matters wtf)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
  • Writer of Writers
  • Retired Staff
So I went ahead and tried to 'spice up' a photo of my girlfriend and our nephew at the zoo, here's the shot:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I was trying to emphasize the light on both of them, and the right side is the water (we were in a viewing thing for sea lions and a polar bear) so if you want you can ignore that the water's all green-like because I'll probs crop it out.

here's two more; the first I wanted to make it seem like THEY were in the water (or i was, whatever) and the second I just cleaned up a bit because I didn't focus properly with my iPhone.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorry they're so humongo, cropping in aperture has been a pain in the ass.

Eric

BADmin
Awards
  • Le Artiste
and here I thought I was finally going to see a picture of you >:

so you took these on your phone (iphone I assume)?

Siren

Awards
  • Writer of Writers
  • Retired Staff
yup, iPhone 4. default Camera app.

me and the nephew. ignore the nose and focus on the pikachu shirt.

Eric

BADmin
Awards
  • Le Artiste
there we go :D

I'm not sure about this aperture app but I usually go with photoshop express to do all my stuff.

Siren

Awards
  • Writer of Writers
  • Retired Staff
Yeah, I'm still playing around with it (just downloaded the trial last night). So far I like it because it's pretty simple and it's really easy to undo everything; the interface is kinda 'ehh' (especially compared to iPhoto, which is sad since I'm on '09 and the motherbonker's free) but I usually do everything in full-screen anyway (and I'm learning how to move the interface to my liking a bit).

comments on composition? anything good/humiliatingly bad?

sidenote: last one was taken with the girlfriend's point-and-shoot and edited in iPhoto.

girlfriend: "i still don't like that photo. i look like davey jones"

ragequit

Last edited:

Eric

BADmin
Awards
  • Le Artiste
Compo is nice in both. Second I would say add a little more contrast and saturation to bring out that deep blue feel.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
  • Le Artiste
  • Retired Staff
i like the underwater effect on the second bear-y nice :)

Siren

Awards
  • Writer of Writers
  • Retired Staff
thanks amigo. i updated it a bit with jaxx's suggestions:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Managed to make it more blue; drives me nuts that I can't make her face more visible, though.

Eric

BADmin
Awards
  • Le Artiste
Haha yeah that's the only thing bothering me now too