• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Improvement

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Ohaiyo everyone! ^^

I'm wondering for a second. Does anyone here think they have improved in RPing - or writing in general - because of this site? Like remember the first time you RPed, then come back to present day, is there a huge gap from back then and from today? Or is it pretty much the same?

Are you determined to improve yourself in writing? If so why? Who made you determined to improve yourself? Was it a specific RP? A specific member? And finally do you guys take pride in your RPs and your posts? Also when reading other RPs from other sites do you feel some... sense of pride in KHI?

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I've only ever seen a couple other forum sites, but this was the first one I ever joined. T'was also the site where I first found out about roleplaying.

To be honest, I was pretty dang suckish when I started. :B Although, I attempted to write more than just a couple one liners. I've always been comfy with paragraphs of just stuff for some reason. But, I also didn't really know how to plan ahead nor stay completely realistic with what I wrote. It was fun though. <3 Made a lot of friends. I think the person who got me into it was Nami. She was/is into making Highschool roleplays and I joined her big remake of a KH one along with a few others. T'was random, rather silly and ooc, but it lasted for ages.

Right after that, me and a couple other friends [Cowboy Bebop and Death] decided we'd bring our lil' trio and make our own roleplay. My writing was a bit better, but I still had a lot of room for improvement. For the longest time, I would spell character wrong. And definitely. :B Horrid.

But, uh, up 'til now, I think I just keep improving with my writing. I've gone from focusing on only dialogue to focusing more on personality and settings. I still need to get out of the habit of recycling my characters, which I'm gradually doing by looking into rather odd things like quirks in the form of synesthesia and how that might affect a person's perception/views on the world in general.

As for experiences on other sites, most of the places I've been to had fairly good roleplays. The biggest example I can think of is on Dragcave, where they have separated literacy levels and types. It works pretty well and keeps the well fleshed roleplays separate from the more whacky whimsical ones.

I am pretty proud of what sort of writers there are on KHI though. :3 I still have yet to really find such a group of roleplayers like what we have here anywhere else.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Honestly this is the only site that appeals to me, writing and styles in general. Everywhere else is a proverbial hamlet of icky ickness. However, that's my personal *smug* opinion.

I don't think I really need to point out the obviously more well-portrayed RPs in our illustrious Section; even the newest of RPers here do better than those of other forums I have perused. *insert smug sniff of turned-up-nose-pride*

Going back and comparing, my writing style is improved since then, though I wrote most posts in at least a moderate paragraph even back then. Now I just type up whatever I wish, and just let it fly with the character. Only difference is now I pay more to the character, if only a bit, and follow a few more eccentric rules in scribblin' mah craft.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
This has been my very first in joining a forum site. Which I must say was by accident to say the least. Happened only 4 years ago that I've only just been searching for any new updates on the Kingdom Hearts games (BBS, 358/2 Days, and Coded). Only wanting to learn more I've decided to join in.

Now of course as all newbie's I didn't know what to do or say. I have been on a few discussion pages here and there but when my eye caught to the RP section I actually felt like I could for once let all of the imagination I have locked up in my mind run free. Ah I never forget the day I first joined in on an RP. It was a Pokemon RP to say the least, a good start I must say. And as I continued to join in on RP's I noticed that my skill for writing and creativity for creating characters started to grow.

And as my time spent on here I started to make a few friends and associates in the RP's I've joined. And began to relate to other people very well. The start of making my first RP....well it was a bombshell. I thought of making a Ben 10 RP but I guess I wasn't clear with the plot of it. When I worked in with another RP the creator of it asked if I could run it for a while. I suppose it was a step up for running what seemed to be my own RP for a while, give it new idea's, new plots and for a while the RP I joined in was at a completion.

After that I started to make my own RP's. Only a few had become Pokemon related RP's of course and lately I've stopped making any newer ones. But that doesn't mean I'm not done planning on any just yet. But with college and all I barely had time to come up with anything and did less RPing.

But I had to say that the RP's I've joined in have helped me develop most of the characters I have thought out during my days. They were first inspired from things I saw from tv shows, video games, and movies. But with the help with the RP templates I was able to develop most of my characters even more. Technically the RP section is actually helping me develop my characters by appearance and by changing them as well into something more when I actually start on making my own anime one day.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
That's rather interesting. I, personally, feel as though that this forum has helped me majorly in writing and all of that fancy stuff. And I can't help but feel a sense of pride when looking through KHI, so I have a question. Do you think the templates you posted from the start of your "RP career" are meager in comparison to yours? Like your details or your powers or even your affinity towards using pictures for appearances.

And finally critique this template if you please.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

A rather interesting template I came across one blue moon.... To say the least.

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
;w;

Please, kill it with fire. Or something. Darkmatter. Yeah, yeah, darkmatter. </3

Seeing stuff like that just kills it for me when I want to write. If you're going to make a character, make them special. It's one thing to inadvertently make a character similar to one from another fandom you didn't know about. It's another thing entirely to take a picture of Sephiroth and slap him into a Highschool story. Just don't make your character so 'special' that they know everything, are incredibly 'attractive' 'handsome' and 'gorgeous', and can do most anything that everyone else can't all at once. Sure, be pretty. Just don't be the 'most beautiful thing in all of existence' [unless that's just in-character ego talking]. Sure, know some special stuff. Just not improbable, only existed for this reason, stuff. Grghlajdsflj... Stuff like that gives me a heart-attack, man.

RiderKick

Jesus. I've not even started RPing and that just strikes me as...just awful. Other than being a total rip from Bleach, it suffers from the whole 'look-at-me-I'm-special-and-powerful-in-this-setting' thing. Even then, being that powerful would be uninteresting. All conflict with that character, verbal or otherwise would probably be ended with a 'NO U' and a super powerful chakra fireball to the face that blows up the planet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back