• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Impression on the demo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will the game be fun and addictive

• Yes, it's great

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No, it sucks

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • it's too soon to be certain

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's a surprisingly engaging game, the conversion of the traditional Kingdom Hearts assets to Unity makes this game look far sleeker than the HD Remixes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Really? No wonder I beat it first try then. I played the PSP version. And here I thought I actually had some level of rhythm skill, lol. Explains why I'm sucking at the MoM demo.
I swear the Symphony of Sorcery's mini-games are harder on console too.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Anyone else play the demo on multiple consoles? If so, did you feel the timing of inputs to be "off"?

Switch demo felt great out of the box, PS4 often didnt accept my L1/R1 inputs for some odd reason.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I scored my first A+ on the demo at last! Thank goodness for Beginner and one-button-mode. Babies first steps! Tears were shed, hearts were broken, blood was spilled, frustrations were real!

Bring it on MoM! Me and my Beginner/one-button-mode combo are ready for you!

pastel.goblin

Awards
I've only tried the ps4 demo, but from what I've read maybe I don't suck as much as I thought lol. It's going to take a bit of getting used to the controls but overall it's super fun. That said I can't really justify $80-90AUD at the moment, so I'll likely just watch the story bits on youtube and wait til it gets a bit cheaper to pick it up.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm in love with it, though I knew I would be
Proud Mode is proper challenging, and the Performer style is even tougher, so I've got my work cut out for me when the full game drops

So glad there's a demo so I can get used to how it plays and can jump right in when the game launches.

It's funny because fans are mostly in love with it, while regular video game journalists say that it's annoying and it looks ugly.
Gaming journalists have bad opinions and the sky is blue

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Gaming journalists have bad opinions and the sky is blue

Gaming journalists having bad takes is a fact of life. While reviews are helpful at times, it's always best to get your own opinion if you can.

On that note, I'm loving the demo. Even though there's six songs (four if you don't do co-op), there's so much variation to playing it. You get three difficulty settings plus One Button Mode AND Performer Mode. That alone is a ton of options to switch around and play with, so imagine how the full game will be.

One thing that can't be said is that the game was made lazily. There's so much charm to it and it's every bit a Kingdom Hearts game as the other titles. Idunno, I really love what I've seen and played so far and while it's an extremely different KH experience, it's more than suitable enough to keep me satisfied until the next big title.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
After playing the demo a second time, I was able to get A/A+ scores for Casual mode. I did finally get an A on Proud mode, so it seems the more practice you get the better play.

I will say Proud mode will strain your eyes. Don't blink or you might miss an enemy, which will screw you up lol

GreyouTT

Awards
"Hey I was pretty good with Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I'll start with Proud."

The game:

fp6gpomnce931.png

One thing that can't be said is that the game was made lazily. There's so much charm to it and it's every bit a Kingdom Hearts game as the other titles. Idunno, I really love what I've seen and played so far and while it's an extremely different KH experience, it's more than suitable enough to keep me satisfied until the next big title.

They even went out of their way to REMAKE the final arena in 0.2 with the PS2 graphical style. That's honestly super cool.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm a lot better at the game at the start of the day than I am after coming home from work. And getting all excellents is much easier too especially when I have the TV muted 🙈

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Idk if anyone else is playing on a Switch Lite but I am definitely dropping frames during the first few seconds of Wave of Darkness.

Otherwise, no problems to report. Controls took a while to get used to but it gets so much easier after getting used to using the shoulder buttons more prominently.

Edit: Actually seems like it just randomly gets choppy when going around a bend on this stage. Weird.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
As someone that doesn't usually play rhythm games and sucks at the ones KH has included as mini games so far, I have to say this is super fun.

I started out really bad unable to get much more than a E or D in Beginner and now have managed to get an A and an A+ still on beginner, but I think I should manage my way through this game.

Anyone else feel the game is easier in handheld mode?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I managed to actually score a B in Wave of Darkness! A B! First time ever scoring higher then a C. I swear Wave of Darkness 1 is superboss worthy. I will never listen to this song the same way again. This game is like a drug, I can't stop and this is only the demo :O

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm a lot better at the game at the start of the day than I am after coming home from work. And getting all excellents is much easier too especially when I have the TV muted 🙈
I really, really don't want to play this game with the TV muted :cry: I want to hit the notes based on the music, not the circles. I hope whatever issue made the ice-cream minigame a nightmare gets fixed in the ps4 version of MoM.

I started the demo with co-op and it was a lot of fun! Then I realized that was because you can't die... So much information to process on screen! We found the co-op tracks surprisingly easier to grasp on standard than on beginner mode, though. Proud mode was brutal - lol

The levels are gorgeous.

My brain hasn't made sense of the jump-and-hits yet or whether to hit L1 or X when the target seems to be in-between. I still feel like a cat staring at the screen and trying to catch the curious little moving thing with its paw. It was a relief to clear Wave of darkness on beginner one button mode. Maybe I can get through this game somehow!

I'm excited and nervous. The Riku to my Sora pre-ordered it for us; hopefully we won't regret not waiting for a price drop.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm so jealous of anyone who played the co-op modes. For Christmas I must get a second controller for my PS4 so I can try those tracks...and force my sister to play them with me.

On a on related note (lol) I finally got my first A++ and Full Chain in the demo. It happened in Wonderland. No hits at all, and perfect gliding. Just wait till November, MoM. You'll find my rhythm powers have double since the last time we met!

Foxycian

Awards
Only thing I’m struggling with is controlling the party, controlling the leader is easy but I need to get the timing right on L1 and R1 for Donald and Goody.

Katsagu

Awards
On a on related note (lol) I finally got my first A++ and Full Chain in the demo. It happened in Wonderland. No hits at all, and perfect gliding. Just wait till November, MoM. You'll find my rhythm powers have double since the last time we met!

Isn't it extremely satisfying to improve in the track and finally get that perfect chain!?!?

Only thing I’m struggling with is controlling the party, controlling the leader is easy but I need to get the timing right on L1 and R1 for Donald and Goody.

This is something I see people saying online. Why not just use X button for every single note? It just seems like making it harder on yourself to be alternating between these buttons.

Back