• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Importing KH+FM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHII+FM

ok i hav a slim PS2.do i need a different system to play it?and how do i import it(i just need a link to a thread that has all the info)does the game hav english voice acting and jap.subs,or is it all in japanese(subtitles and voice acting)

master yen sid

Ok, khfm1 and khfm2 are both english voice acting with jap. subs, but RE:COM is all japanese, voice and subs. If you intend to use slide car/swap magic than no, a slimline ps2 won't effect it (meaning you can still use it. You can buy both games on ebay, but i'll give you playasia links. khfm is around $30, and khfm2+ is around 70m (i've seen it for $50 buy it now new on ebay).

Buy khfm1:
Buy Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Ultimate Hits) (PS2) - Order Now!

buy khfm2+:
Buy Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (PS2) - Order Now!

buy slide card swap magic:
PS2 Slide Card and Swap Magic v3.6 Plus Combo / ModChipStore.com

slide card instructions:
Slide Card Operation Manual/ ModChipStore.com

Z3120

ok i hav a slim PS2.do i need a different system to play it?and how do i import it(i just need a link to a thread that has all the info)does the game hav english voice acting and jap.subs,or is it all in japanese(subtitles and voice acting)

Since you have a slim PS2, you would need the magic key set instead, not the slide card method that's often used for the fat PS2 to pull the tray out and so forth. There are alternatives into playing KH:FM and KH2:FM+, or imports, on your US region (NTSC) PS2 like CogSwap using cheat devices like Action Replay, Gameshark 2 or even Swap Magic in some instances, but to keep things simple, Swap Magic would be the way to go. As for installing the magic key set, it's not too hard really unless you have a silver slim PS2 because most problems originate from the installation of Key C, a hook-like key that's used to hit a switch underneath the slim PS2's lid and hold it in place so your PS2 cannot detect the swap from taking place along with holding the ON/Reset button with either the magic key you've received or a simple ball of tissue.

Just make sure you pick the correct region Swap Magic disc set for your corresponding PS2. If you have a PS2 from Europe, it's most likely PAL so get a PAL version of SM. If you got one from Japan or around Asia, NTSC-J. If you have one from the US, NTSC. You can, however and I think, easily tell what region your PS2 is from by looking at the sticker from the back of your PS2. I would check but my HDD is blocking the way, and I'm too lazy to go unscrew it and double check.

Also, make sure you get the NTSC region Swap Magic set if you have a NTSC PS2. There really isn't no reason to get one particular region Swap Magic disc set over the other since the only difference depends on what region PS2 you have. Your PS2 is region-locked originally, restricting you from playing games only in your region i.e. I have a NTSC PS2 but I'm only able to play NTSC games. I've tried to play something from Japan, NTSC-J or Europe, Pal but it won't allow me. Swap Magic bypasses the region-lock in place into tricking the PS2 into thinking such and such. So it would be pointless to get a Pal region Swap Magic disc set for your NTSC PS2 because your PS2 simply won't recognize it, and you'll end up with the red screen saying invalid disc or something. Some people have accidentally bought the wrong region SM set for their PS2 so incidents like this can happen where they thought they did everything correctly from installation to swap but the only thing holding them back is their PS2 recognizing the disc.

Also, as you may have seen, there is Swap Magic 3.6 and Swap Magic 3.8 coder. The only real difference between these two Swap Magic versions is that SM 3.8 coder has a built-in cheat device and the ability to boot off homebrews from a USB pen (flash) drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back