• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IMPORTANT: KHInsider Site Staff Hiring News Team! (Due Date: September 5th!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
e9ZiK.png

Like Kingdom Hearts? Want to contribute to Kingdom Hearts Insider? Well you are in luck. KHInsider has been planning a major revamp for about a year now and is looking to expand its news team in order to accommodate to future changes both within the community and in the Kingdom Hearts series. Read below for more information!

Expectations:
-Would prefer an age of at least 16, but all age groups are encouraged to apply!
-Must be well versed in Kingdom Hearts series news.
-Must be familiar with the KHInsider community.
-Must be online regularly.
-Proactive personality.
-Serious applicants only. We will be vetting you through an aggressive training process.
-Basic HTML experience is a plus!
-Japanese language knowledge is a plus!
-Previous website/news/journalism experience of any kind, formal or informal is a plus!

To Apply:

Send jeels a private message, no later than September 5th, 2011. Include the following in your application:

Name:
Availability:
Talk about Kingdom Hearts:
Your Personal Experience with Kingdom Hearts news:
Any other experience (other websites, etc):
Best way to contact you:
Anything else you'd like us to know about you?:

If interested, Shamdeo or myself will get in touch with you ASAP. Do not pester us. Do not post your application in this thread.

"But jeels, I'm confused about something": This thread is for any questions or concerns you may have, ask away.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
It's your soapbox. We'll use it to measure how passionate you are for the series. The last thing we want is for people to quit on us because it turned out they didn't like KH much to begin with.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Silh is spot on. Just a fun question for you to talk about KH. It could be anything about KH. It could be your personal experiences with KH. It could just be about a character you like. Whatever.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Wow I didn't expect you guys to be hirin again so soon!
I'll be sending my app Jeels.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It's your soapbox. We'll use it to measure how passionate you are for the series. The last thing we want is for people to quit on us because it turned out they didn't like KH much to begin with.
this and the fact that you should also be posting news, no matter how small it is whenever you see it.

imgay don't listen to me

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I should also stress the fact that we're looking for a NEWS team, meaning, the entire purpose of you being hired will be to look for news. Not content writing as we've done in the past (where content writers both wrote content for the site and looked for news to post), but just about entirely news. If you can't post news in a timely manner you cannot be hired.

Did I mention you'll have to post news?

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com

Silh is spot on. Just a fun question for you to talk about KH. It could be anything about KH. It could be your personal experiences with KH. It could just be about a character you like. Whatever.

Ah, gotcha.~ That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure in case you meant something else.

this and the fact that you should also be posting news, no matter how small it is whenever you see it.

imgay don't listen to me

After making sure it's legit, of course.

aka KH3 is coming out next month because some guy on the internet says so and he has the cover art so it has to be real /makes thread and announcement on main site

the entire purpose of you being hired will be to look for news. Not content writing as we've done in the past (where content writers both wrote content for the site and looked for news to post), but just about entirely news.

No content writing? None? For real? aslfasj;j YES. I love you guys; in a weird, I don't know you but I love you sorta way.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
No content writing? None? For real? aslfasj;j YES. I love you guys; in a weird, I don't know you but I love you sorta way.

Well see the thing about that is, content writing isn't something that really gets us hits anymore. Writing elaborate pages with character descriptions and plot summaries is a waste of our time and effort because people just go to the KH wiki for that information now. If you look at FinalFantasy.net, it has no "content" whatsoever, but Shamdeo updates it with news in a timely manner so it is slowly gaining recognition and becoming successful. News and community activities like editorials, podcasts, contests, etc are going to be our main focus from now on.

Though if you can write editorials from time to time it's a welcome bonus, it's not the main reason why we're hiring. If you can post news quickly, efficiently, and reliably, you won't need to do much else.

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I have sent in my application :3

I've got a question relating to what Nine-tails brought up; will there be a sort of news confirmed or something along those lines for any piece of news one stumbles upon? And when I say this I'm talking about news that isn't obviously fake, of course.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Well see the thing about that is, content writing isn't something that really gets us hits anymore. Writing elaborate pages with character descriptions and plot summaries is a waste of our time and effort because people just go to the KH wiki for that information now.

If you look at FinalFantasy.net, it has no "content" whatsoever, but Shamdeo updates it with news in a timely manner so it is slowly gaining recognition and becoming successful.

Yeah, that's exactly it. KH wiki (and wiki in general) is always the first place people turn to for that sort of thing. (Which is both good and bad since wiki can be edited by anyone.) And since wiki exists, when people visit fansites, they expect to find news and a good community. Which is why-

News and community activities like editorials, podcasts, contests, etc are going to be our main focus from now on.

- these things are what make a site successful and allow it to have a longer lifespan compared to those smaller sites you see that always burn and die, never to be heard of again.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm going to sign up now. Wait, do I have to know about HTML codes or Japanese? I know hello and thank you, but that's pretty much it.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
You should probably know basic HTML, nothing too complicated. I went in not knowing anything about HTML, but I looked at older updates and just copied that HTML, it's pretty easy and you really only need to know the very basics. Japanese? No, we have a translator for that.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I'm still a newbie compared to other people who've been here longer, but I'll send an application.

Wait so will we kinda be like Moderators then? I used to be an admin on several now defunct forums on Invisionfree so I have some know about how to run a site.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Site Staff only has moderating powers over the Kingdom Hearts Section.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Damn it...ninja'd before I could edit my post. By name, do you want our real names? Or will our username suffice?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Your Personal Experience with Kingdom Hearts news:

Does this just mean about searching for news in the past or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back